Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My list of 7 essential low effort improvements to Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
Since last month, many of us were saddened to hear that Pirate101 will not be receiving any more story updates. This can however be used to our advantage to focus on the game as a whole rather than "what's next?" Essential being that these are absolutely needed in the game.

1. Restoring the original start screen. Why was this removed in the first place? The original was much more cinematic and would catch the attention of new players much more easily than just a plain flag with the game logo on it. If it's a potato computer issue, don't worry. Everyone who has access to this game has a half decent computer to run it on by now.
2. Level 75. Even though no story updates are in the works, we can easily get a level 75 extension at the least. Most players reach max level by the start of Aquila. What this means is you are way too underpowered for Valencia part 2, and all XP you earn is effectively wasted for no reason. This will hook max Pirates to get out there and finish side quests or solo farming Kane.
3. *In relation to #2* More companion promotions. We know there has to be a ton of unused companion promotions. The five bears from the Grizzly Beast Pack deserve promotions at level 70. Monkey King deserves a promotion at level 60. In a tweet from September 2018, we saw a glimpse of a Hawkules promotion that is not in the game. If this is the case, then all Class-Specific Aquila Companions should also have promotions. They deserve to promote at level 75. I'm sure there are others as well. This will also hook max pirates to go out and promote their companions.
4. More mounts. The Marleybone car from Wizard101 is by far one of the most popular mounts in the game. The car for some reason is absent in Pirate101. As shown in the game, the non-magic side of the Spiral does have access to motor cars, so why shouldn't we have the car as well? There are lots more favorites from that game which could be ported over to Pirate101. In this game as well, there are lots of rental only mounts which cannot be owned permanently. As an example, the Thunderous Ki-Ren (Fast), and all of the birthday or halloween mounts that are only found in gift boxes.
5. Updated Character Models. Since Wizard101s revamp, we have received a lot of great looking character revamps. I'm talking about Prospector Zeke, Eloise Merryweather, King Casimir, Queen Margherita, and Harold Argleston specifically. Please adapt them to Pirate101, Wizard101's sister game could also improve from its revamp.
6. New Companions. I am aware that a lot of work goes into creating companions, but there are rumors that there may be unused companions as well. I am specifically talking about a Penguin soldier that has been teased in earlier Yuletide events. The companion was never added into the game and seems complete. As with the promotions, there are hopefully other companions that have not made the cut, and other NPCs which could be made into companions, like Donkey Hotay, Uncle Bob, or ninja pigs.
7. Add Krampus to the skeleton key roster. I understand that Krampus is a yuletide event, but imagine having an obsidian key version of Krampus which you don't have to wait for until December. Krampus does not have that much good gear on him, so adding him to the regular roster will maximize the resources the game has made, and influence pirates into fighting him and other skeleton key bosses in the sewers. I imagine it does not take you to the living room, but straight into the forest where you fight Krampus.

That is about everything I thought about. Basically, Pirate101 should maximize the content it has already produced. If Wizard101 could add all of those changes into the game, Pirate could adapt them as well. It may not be Polaris, but I know we Pirates would be grateful with these additions. Just a thought, if Grizzleheim were to ever receive a revamp, our Pirate could definitely dock there as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
james skullheart on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
Since last month, many of us were saddened to hear that Pirate101 will not be receiving any more story updates. This can however be used to our advantage to focus on the game as a whole rather than "what's next?" Essential being that these are absolutely needed in the game.

1. Restoring the original start screen. Why was this removed in the first place? The original was much more cinematic and would catch the attention of new players much more easily than just a plain flag with the game logo on it. If it's a potato computer issue, don't worry. Everyone who has access to this game has a half decent computer to run it on by now.
2. Level 75. Even though no story updates are in the works, we can easily get a level 75 extension at the least. Most players reach max level by the start of Aquila. What this means is you are way too underpowered for Valencia part 2, and all XP you earn is effectively wasted for no reason. This will hook max Pirates to get out there and finish side quests or solo farming Kane.
3. *In relation to #2* More companion promotions. We know there has to be a ton of unused companion promotions. The five bears from the Grizzly Beast Pack deserve promotions at level 70. Monkey King deserves a promotion at level 60. In a tweet from September 2018, we saw a glimpse of a Hawkules promotion that is not in the game. If this is the case, then all Class-Specific Aquila Companions should also have promotions. They deserve to promote at level 75. I'm sure there are others as well. This will also hook max pirates to go out and promote their companions.
4. More mounts. The Marleybone car from Wizard101 is by far one of the most popular mounts in the game. The car for some reason is absent in Pirate101. As shown in the game, the non-magic side of the Spiral does have access to motor cars, so why shouldn't we have the car as well? There are lots more favorites from that game which could be ported over to Pirate101. In this game as well, there are lots of rental only mounts which cannot be owned permanently. As an example, the Thunderous Ki-Ren (Fast), and all of the birthday or halloween mounts that are only found in gift boxes.
5. Updated Character Models. Since Wizard101s revamp, we have received a lot of great looking character revamps. I'm talking about Prospector Zeke, Eloise Merryweather, King Casimir, Queen Margherita, and Harold Argleston specifically. Please adapt them to Pirate101, Wizard101's sister game could also improve from its revamp.
6. New Companions. I am aware that a lot of work goes into creating companions, but there are rumors that there may be unused companions as well. I am specifically talking about a Penguin soldier that has been teased in earlier Yuletide events. The companion was never added into the game and seems complete. As with the promotions, there are hopefully other companions that have not made the cut, and other NPCs which could be made into companions, like Donkey Hotay, Uncle Bob, or ninja pigs.
7. Add Krampus to the skeleton key roster. I understand that Krampus is a yuletide event, but imagine having an obsidian key version of Krampus which you don't have to wait for until December. Krampus does not have that much good gear on him, so adding him to the regular roster will maximize the resources the game has made, and influence pirates into fighting him and other skeleton key bosses in the sewers. I imagine it does not take you to the living room, but straight into the forest where you fight Krampus.

That is about everything I thought about. Basically, Pirate101 should maximize the content it has already produced. If Wizard101 could add all of those changes into the game, Pirate could adapt them as well. It may not be Polaris, but I know we Pirates would be grateful with these additions. Just a thought, if Grizzleheim were to ever receive a revamp, our Pirate could definitely dock there as well.
I was going to "yar" this post but some of your suggestions are rather boring and doesn't give us max levels anything to do.
1. Yes on this: but I believe most players don't want to sit through a cinematic re-play every time they log-in. Perhaps for the first time, but not more.
2. How can you say that a level 70 pirate is under-leveled for Valencia2? If anything they are slightly over-leveled, until they catch up with Kane. And what about the rest of us who fought our way through Valencia starting at level 65? Why should you get levels above us?
3. Yes to this, there are too many companions lacking promotions.
4. We already get mounts, we get mounts instead of necessary things, imo, we have too many mounts.
5. Our character models are just as good as the re-vamp in W101, in fact, I'd say better.
6. Yes to this. I always have room for another companion.
7. We don't need another Obsidian Key farming dungeon, and frankly, Krampus has NO interesting drops.
What KI could do for us in the meantime, is implement those activities that have been asked for many times: Crafting, Gardening, & Fishing!
"No story line for the foreseeable future" doesn't mean that a story line will never happen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2019 wrote:
I was going to "yar" this post but some of your suggestions are rather boring and doesn't give us max levels anything to do.
1. Yes on this: but I believe most players don't want to sit through a cinematic re-play every time they log-in. Perhaps for the first time, but not more.
2. How can you say that a level 70 pirate is under-leveled for Valencia2? If anything they are slightly over-leveled, until they catch up with Kane. And what about the rest of us who fought our way through Valencia starting at level 65? Why should you get levels above us?
4. We already get mounts, we get mounts instead of necessary things, imo, we have too many mounts.
5. Our character models are just as good as the re-vamp in W101, in fact, I'd say better.
7. We don't need another Obsidian Key farming dungeon, and frankly, Krampus has NO interesting drops.
What KI could do for us in the meantime, is implement those activities that have been asked for many times: Crafting, Gardening, & Fishing!
"No story line for the foreseeable future" doesn't mean that a story line will never happen.
Addendum to #5. How is re-vamping NPC models "low effort"? I would think that it would call for the highest effort in design and modeling. The W101 appearances wouldn't look right in our game - there are some graphic and aesthic differences.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
Anecorbie, whether or not you yar the post is really of no concern to me. Let's be honest, the game won't be getting anymore expansions. It's a big risk, and it seems they aren't interested anymore. I would love one and I think it would do well, but I need to be realistic. Though we can improve the game as a whole rather than adding new features (most of which are not begged for). And the topic was boring? That was rather harsh, obviously when I'm not discussing story updates it's going to be like that. And it does give max levels something to do, it does not have be a main quest in that case though. So rather than throwing more wood into a fire, I rather polish the mantle around it. I have never heard crafting and the sort ever suggested except for last month with the "crafting to celebrate" thing, and I know my way around the fan base. Because Krampus doesn't have any interesting drops does not exclude him as an optional skeleton key boss, especially because events can hardly be considered canon. Finally, a level 70 pirate is extremely underpowered, especially to Kane. Heck, I was a max buccaneer with really well equipped companions and found myself failing a lot or winning by a thread. Kane himself is impossible without at least two other max levels. I really have no idea why anyone would be against an idea like this, it's the most suggested on twitter at the least. As with this update, KI made it clear updates won't be on grand scale anymore, so I rather them use assets which never made it into the game rather than introduce new ones which won't work, or won't complement the game's mechanics and style.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
james skullheart on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
Anecorbie, whether or not you yar the post is really of no concern to me. Let's be honest, the game won't be getting anymore expansions. It's a big risk, and it seems they aren't interested anymore. I would love one and I think it would do well, but I need to be realistic. Though we can improve the game as a whole rather than adding new features (most of which are not begged for). And the topic was boring? That was rather harsh, obviously when I'm not discussing story updates it's going to be like that. And it does give max levels something to do, it does not have be a main quest in that case though. So rather than throwing more wood into a fire, I rather polish the mantle around it. I have never heard crafting and the sort ever suggested except for last month with the "crafting to celebrate" thing, and I know my way around the fan base. Because Krampus doesn't have any interesting drops does not exclude him as an optional skeleton key boss, especially because events can hardly be considered canon. Finally, a level 70 pirate is extremely underpowered, especially to Kane. Heck, I was a max buccaneer with really well equipped companions and found myself failing a lot or winning by a thread. Kane himself is impossible without at least two other max levels. I really have no idea why anyone would be against an idea like this, it's the most suggested on twitter at the least. As with this update, KI made it clear updates won't be on grand scale anymore, so I rather them use assets which never made it into the game rather than introduce new ones which won't work, or won't complement the game's mechanics and style.
"The game won't be getting anymore expansions" Really, you know that for sure? I don't. The statement was "For the foreseeable future", yet something may come up; until they say "never going to be another update" that's when we can give it up.
Extra farming dungeons don't give us max levels something to do. We have nothing now but farming, Pet training/pvp, pvp or ship pvp. We could have many of the side content from W101 brought here and it would enhance the game immensely.
Perhaps you were too busy in W101 to notice posts on these message boards requesting crafting, even a full 7 years ago. There are plenty of posts about this and about wanting gardening as well as about fishing
A level 70 pirate who is well geared and strategic can beat Kane solo ( I have done this & and so have many others ). It's a cake walk now for max level pirates in a team ( even a duo. )

And you haven't answered my question: why should you get more levels, when those of us you have finished all quests are now stuck at max level?
These suggestions don't help the game, encourage new players or make those who used to play return.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
First, I agree on everything with anecorbie.

I have reasons for Krampus. Others, meh.

Krampus was made to be a Christmas boss, made for Christmas, and it would take away that special feeling if KI put it in the Obsidian Door. And, as only max levels can access the Obsidian Door, lower-levels would feel left out--as they can only get Krampus once a year and max levels would be able to access it year-round, provided they have an Obsidian Key. I think it would lead away from the Christmas feel, and more focused on the max levels. Even though they could gain levels, I've been playing for two years and I'm just a level 23.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I play this other video game and they have Crafting, Gardening, and Fishing! Though I'm not yet ready for the fishing part...

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
glitterway123 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
I play this other video game and they have Crafting, Gardening, and Fishing! Though I'm not yet ready for the fishing part...
You mean... Wizard101? Yes, they're definitely getting it good over there. I think it would be fascinating to have fishing in the game. Crafting would be nice as well, but I'm not super sure on gardening. Pirates aren't the type of people to gently nurture a plant with magic until it blooms into a beautiful plant, no. We scavenge, plunder, and conquer, yar!

We could have something like Monstrology from Wizard101, where we capture our foes and make them swab the decks on our ships. We could use the castle magic idea from over there to enforce our lairs and booby-trap them! I saw an idea from an earlier post about capturing defeated ships. Wouldn't that be fun to have a shipyard full of captured ships? I would just love to have the Hamato chained to my shipyard for punishing me with not dropping a ship horn after farming it for almost 4 hours...

Also, along with your improvement #5, James, I wholeheartedly approve! I was shocked to see Wizard get a Valencia preview with their newest boss, and its character pixels are better than our Valencia's. One thing that annoys me greatly is when characters don't have talking animations. If KI would give Contessa a talking animation, and maybe redo the other NPC's animations instead of jerking their heads up and not opening their mouths while talking, that would be fabulous!

But all-in-all, I would like to follow in the footsteps of my wizard and become a Legendary Angler here on Pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
You mean... Wizard101? Yes, they're definitely getting it good over there. I think it would be fascinating to have fishing in the game. Crafting would be nice as well, but I'm not super sure on gardening. Pirates aren't the type of people to gently nurture a plant with magic until it blooms into a beautiful plant, no. We scavenge, plunder, and conquer, yar!

We could have something like Monstrology from Wizard101, where we capture our foes and make them swab the decks on our ships. We could use the castle magic idea from over there to enforce our lairs and booby-trap them! I saw an idea from an earlier post about capturing defeated ships. Wouldn't that be fun to have a shipyard full of captured ships? I would just love to have the Hamato chained to my shipyard for punishing me with not dropping a ship horn after farming it for almost 4 hours...

Also, along with your improvement #5, James, I wholeheartedly approve! I was shocked to see Wizard get a Valencia preview with their newest boss, and its character pixels are better than our Valencia's. One thing that annoys me greatly is when characters don't have talking animations. If KI would give Contessa a talking animation, and maybe redo the other NPC's animations instead of jerking their heads up and not opening their mouths while talking, that would be fabulous!

But all-in-all, I would like to follow in the footsteps of my wizard and become a Legendary Angler here on Pirate.
Captain Hande has talking animations I was really impressed with the modeling of him and Gazpaccio.
ANY side content would be a blessing - and we don't need to use magic to "gently nurture " plants - we could use real life methods. Yeah, I'm aware that pirates didn't go heavily into agriculture historically, but this is a fantasy game and it would be nice to have another way to get pet snacks or reagents.
Monstrology drains "animus" ( which I think is a life force ) how are we, as pirates supposed to do that? Although hunting monsters is a great side activity.
I don't know if we ought to have Aegon and his peckularities in that kind of Daily Assignment, but a true Daily would be nice ( Ambassador's quests are too repetitive ).
Castle Magic too, but call it something else, we're not wizards.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:

No, not Wiz101. I'm a FtP on the game, and it's a bit annoying because I have to go to the mailbox to get my letter!!! Okay, it's Lord of the Rings Online.

But...
I have heard about Wiz101's fishing and such (they can craft HOUSES?!?!?!?!?!)

Monstrology....

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
anecorbie on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
Captain Hande has talking animations I was really impressed with the modeling of him and Gazpaccio.
ANY side content would be a blessing - and we don't need to use magic to "gently nurture " plants - we could use real life methods. Yeah, I'm aware that pirates didn't go heavily into agriculture historically, but this is a fantasy game and it would be nice to have another way to get pet snacks or reagents.
Monstrology drains "animus" ( which I think is a life force ) how are we, as pirates supposed to do that? Although hunting monsters is a great side activity.
I don't know if we ought to have Aegon and his peckularities in that kind of Daily Assignment, but a true Daily would be nice ( Ambassador's quests are too repetitive ).
Castle Magic too, but call it something else, we're not wizards.
Oh no I didn’t mean using Monstrology and Castle Magic specifically, maybe using those ideas and turning them into more rugged, “piratey” versions of that. I’m still a bit hesitant on gardening, though, just not something pirates would do. But again, they wouldn’t fish either, would they? So maybe an exception can be made, though I wouldn’t expect it to be all magically and graceful like Wizard101.

You do make a point on Hande and Gazpaccio, though. I was mainly talking about the unicorns. I still root for a Contessa talking animation...

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
glitterway123 on Nov 2, 2019 wrote:
No, not Wiz101. I'm a FtP on the game, and it's a bit annoying because I have to go to the mailbox to get my letter!!! Okay, it's Lord of the Rings Online.

But...

Monstrology....
Not houses. They can use Castle Magic to trick their castles up with all sorts of magical displays and tricks. Although now that craftable gauntlets are a thing, it’s be no surprise if craftable houses came to Wizard. Or maybe it has already? I haven’t played for a while now.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
Not houses. They can use Castle Magic to trick their castles up with all sorts of magical displays and tricks. Although now that craftable gauntlets are a thing, it’s be no surprise if craftable houses came to Wizard. Or maybe it has already? I haven’t played for a while now.
Ah.

Makes more sense.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 5, 2019 wrote:
It is a thing over there. I want more houses over here.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
It is a thing over there. I want more houses over here.
*presents plans for a house*
*is rejected*
Dude, all I wanted was a Fall Castle!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Tours first -- then new houses. So many of us have accumulated a number of dwellings over the years and plunked down a bunch of housing items, but there is no way for other pirates to enjoy them firsthand. New pirate players would certainly enjoy being able to view the fortresses of the max-level pirates to see what treasures can be collected as they quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Nov 8, 2019 wrote:
Tours first -- then new houses. So many of us have accumulated a number of dwellings over the years and plunked down a bunch of housing items, but there is no way for other pirates to enjoy them firsthand. New pirate players would certainly enjoy being able to view the fortresses of the max-level pirates to see what treasures can be collected as they quest.

I would absolutely LOVE to invite every pirate to see all my properties. And I don't care if they bring a "grading" system for our houses to this game. Wizards don't earn a badge for participating in the Tours or even for reaching the top 100.
If we had tours, I would hope for a badge....

Admiral
May 30, 2010
glitterway123 on Nov 2, 2019 wrote:

But...

Monstrology....
Actually, yes, you can craft houses in Wizard101, if you're high enough crafting level and have money to burn.

If only I could pass some of my Pirates' money to my wizards....

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Actually, yes, you can craft houses in Wizard101, if you're high enough crafting level and have money to burn.

If only I could pass some of my Pirates' money to my wizards....
Dude, what more do they have? I want more houses! The only reason why I don't indulge a lot of my time into house decorating is because I have such a limited selection of houses. I mean, you can only have 3 houses at a time?! (I apologize, got off topic here) We have the decoration, now we need the houses. Although, I think I could do with more decoration...I'm a bit of a materialistic .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
Every MMO I've played ( only a few ) has included some type of crafting, gardening & fishing. I want so much for this game to get at least one of these...

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
Addendum to #5. How is re-vamping NPC models "low effort"? I would think that it would call for the highest effort in design and modeling. The W101 appearances wouldn't look right in our game - there are some graphic and aesthic differences.
Well actually, the highest effort in design and modeling is building a model.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheyMayBeBears on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Dude, what more do they have? I want more houses! The only reason why I don't indulge a lot of my time into house decorating is because I have such a limited selection of houses. I mean, you can only have 3 houses at a time?! (I apologize, got off topic here) We have the decoration, now we need the houses. Although, I think I could do with more decoration...I'm a bit of a materialistic .
Yes 3 houses but doesn't count the Bunkhouse. It doesn't count the basic ship's cabin, either. If you want more houses, you'll have to buy an Extra Housing Elixir from the Crown Shop ( bundles which come with a house automatically grants this ). In Wizard101, crafted houses are counted as part of the 3 house limit.