Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let Us be Pirates again, Blind Mew

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm hoping that a story-line is in the works. I don't know how far it's gone or what's planned. New Worlds or side content; but that's not what I wish to tell you, Blind Mew.
I've been re-playing the early content of this game and I realize that the most fun I've had is in Skull Island. This game has so much piratical "flavor", everything reflected what a pirate game should be: search for treasure, other, competing pirates & deadly enemies. Above all, ship battles!
Then we move away from that theme, we become revolutionaries in Monquista and lawmen in Cool Ranch ( the least pirate world ) we start a war, and wander aimlessly through MooShu. We return to the war theme in Marleybone and then just help the Eagles with their war in Aquila.Please understand, I'm not complaining about those worlds - all were exciting, and had great story moments, even CR had those moments, though it's far from being my favorite world.
I remember in your last thread of Blind Mew's Musings, when you replied to my comment about our Presedio companion's promotion ( at level 67 ) how much you enjoyed returning to the pirate theme and giving us enemies who were also pirates.
So, in summation, I would like to let you know and hope ( if you've read this ) that you could pass this on to management, that a return to a pirate theme would be good for us players as well as the game.

Thank you,
Esperanza Devereaux ( playing the game since before launch date & loving it! )

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
So true

Honestly, you're right. Skull Island had the most piratical theme: Raiding the skyways (my favorite memory was the confusion in the first time I fought Deadeye Deidre's ship, my first one), hunting for treasure, gathering a crew...sighs.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I always hoped that when we get to Grizzleheim or Polaris, we would be more piratey.

Yarr!

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
In fairness, we did all this to get the most piratey thing of all. Gold. We wanted the gold filled El Dorado. Sure the idea of us going to El Dorado away for no reason, but that's besides the point. But I do mostly agree with you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingMoh11 on Sep 3, 2019 wrote:
In fairness, we did all this to get the most piratey thing of all. Gold. We wanted the gold filled El Dorado. Sure the idea of us going to El Dorado away for no reason, but that's besides the point. But I do mostly agree with you.
There was one big reason to go to El Dorado, to stop Kane from going there. We may still go, for the Golden Mind is till out there and contains Kane's ( memory, personality, spirit? ), we may still be confronting Kane in El Dorado.
Plus, from our Presidio companion's last promotion; we gained our mother's diary/ies ( both terms are used, Hey! Blind Mew! is it one diary or a set? ) which names the locations of treasures ( "over a dozen" ) she buried in the past. We could have a secondary treasure hunt for these, with Hande & Carrington trying to foil us!
* Hmm, I think I'll make a request for a treasure chest emoji *

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
Wow, I'm impressed. I never thought of Kane and his golden brain. We could still go, but I doubt they'll let us. It will probably be thought of as, 'Let's follow our dead parents wish and not go.' That or it will be a side world. Our next world update will likely be Polaris(if we ever get one). I do like your idea, but it seems almost to good to be true in the dry time of p101 like now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingMoh11 on Sep 8, 2019 wrote:
Wow, I'm impressed. I never thought of Kane and his golden brain. We could still go, but I doubt they'll let us. It will probably be thought of as, 'Let's follow our dead parents wish and not go.' That or it will be a side world. Our next world update will likely be Polaris(if we ever get one). I do like your idea, but it seems almost to good to be true in the dry time of p101 like now.
As Blind Mew said in one of his posts:"Don't believe anything heard from those crystals" Were those really our parents or an illusion?
Polaris is good bet ( so is Darkmoor ) for a new world. Have faith and stay the course, don't give up the ship & I have not yet begun to fight!
I have been through this before, unfortunately, but eventually KI pulls through.
*Ship or Treasure Chest emoji*

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Pirate101 is going through Toontown syndrome, I call it

TTO was very good in terms of updates until a 3 year span with no real new updates, until we got the lawbot headquarters, a boss fight that was kind of disappointing, but people played it just for content.

Then after a 2 year span they got Bossbot HQ, which everyone loved.

And then for 4 years there was nothing but quality of life updates and it saw a massive decline in players, until they shut it down.

The almost same thing seems to be happening here, but I haven't lost hope just yet.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 9, 2019 wrote:
As Blind Mew said in one of his posts:"Don't believe anything heard from those crystals" Were those really our parents or an illusion?
Polaris is good bet ( so is Darkmoor ) for a new world. Have faith and stay the course, don't give up the ship & I have not yet begun to fight!
I have been through this before, unfortunately, but eventually KI pulls through.
*Ship or Treasure Chest emoji*
Wait wait wait, WHEN did blind mew say this?!?

This changes everything, those crystals were a lie!

And by the way, KI didn't "pull through" After our slump they gave us that 'thing' called Valencia Part 2

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingMoh11 on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:

And by the way, KI didn't "pull through" After our slump they gave us that 'thing' called Valencia Part 2
In one of his "Blind Mew's Musings" posts, after the release of VA2; which, after all was still a story update and a whole lot better than nothing. Also a new pack, the Ambassador's quests & Ship PvP.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
KingMoh11 on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:

I don't think those crystals were a... but Kane's golden brain is still out there... but Old Scratch said the spirits of our parents were home!... Queen is still active, would she have the same intentions?... Hmm......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
I don't think those crystals were a... but Kane's golden brain is still out there... but Old Scratch said the spirits of our parents were home!... Queen is still active, would she have the same intentions?... Hmm......
Well, apparently Old Scratch can be fooled....

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
A lie?!?!
Could going to El Dorado be a trap?!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
glitterway123 on Oct 11, 2019 wrote:
A lie?!?!
Or could NOT going be exactly what Kane wants?!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Oct 11, 2019 wrote:
A lie?!?!
Yes, it's a trap. El Dorado is guarded by giant mechanical guardians, but as a trap by Kane or the Armada? No, because Kane never visited there.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Oct 11, 2019 wrote:
maybe i don't know COULD BE

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Lookit Light on Oct 11, 2019 wrote:
It's so confusing...
It is a trap or not?!
It's a matter of debate.

Shall we

It's probably this: Kane does NOT want us to go to El Dorado, but our parents did until we defeated Kane, then they said to let El Dorado go...but we have some map pieces...and Kane made his own map pieces, so...