Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical Level Too Low

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Ahoy there, mateys!

I'm a level 23 and my nautical level is waaaaaay behind (it's 11 ) and i'm in cool ranch. Sure, I defeat the Banditoad ships fine, but six Darkmoor Ships no way! Why, my lower character (Level 22 ) is in Cool Ranch too and he has Nautical Level 18!!!!!! I'm playing him better...way better...
Anyway (other than side quests and sinking ships) can I get nautical xp?
Also, what is the best companions for a /

Sincerely,
Fair Taryn Lewis
Hopeful Evelyn Nelson
Two-faced Isis Spencer
Stubborn Alexandra Travis
Ruthless Luke Armstrong

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
Ahoy there, mateys!

I'm a level 23 and my nautical level is waaaaaay behind (it's 11 ) and i'm in cool ranch. Sure, I defeat the Banditoad ships fine, but six Darkmoor Ships no way! Why, my lower character (Level 22 ) is in Cool Ranch too and he has Nautical Level 18!!!!!! I'm playing him better...way better...

Sincerely,
Fair Taryn Lewis
Hopeful Evelyn Nelson
Two-faced Isis Spencer
Ruthless Luke Armstrong
Advanced Companions allows you to set companions to certain tasks like "Sailin'" where they bring back nautical experience for you ( amount and time varies according to level and if you've given them a rank in the talent Cannoneering ).
So, set a few companions you don't want in battle to the sailin' task for easy nautical experience!
This is yet more proof of what Willowydream and I have been saying: Advanced Companions needs to be covered as part of the tutorial of this game!
* Ship icon, ahoy!*

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Edit:
Ruthless Luke Armstrong is actually my friend...I was planning to make a guy named after him but deleted him. sorry for the mistake

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
Hi Glitterway! Yes, your nautical level is pretty low (but it’s not the lowest I’ve seen before ) on your musketeer. I try to stay at most five nautical levels behind my character level in order to get access to better ship equipment and make ship battles less frustrating. Have you bought a bison ship yet? You’re high enough level to buy it (you have to be at least level twenty for the frigate and level sixteen for the skiff). You can buy a skiff for 8,000 gold or a frigate for 10,000 gold from Soaring Skies in Cooper’s Roost Docks. It saves you a lot of pain when you fight with a higher level ship.

If you don’t want to sink ships or do side quests, then send some of your companions Sailin’. I personally prefer sinking ships because that gives more experience than Sailin’, but whatever floats your boat!

Now for companions. On your musketeer, go with Chantal Livingstone, Bonnie Anne and Luis De Bisque. Sometimes I switch him out for Ridolfo Capoferro (you get him from a side quest in Valencia). On your privateer, go with The Marchioness, Emmett and Old Scratch, but if you have Lucky Jack Russell, definitely use him, because he’s awesome!

Hope I answered your questions!

Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
glitterway123 on Jul 29, 2019 wrote:
Ahoy there, mateys!

Sincerely,
Fair Taryn Lewis
Hopeful Evelyn Nelson
Two-faced Isis Spencer
Ruthless Luke Armstrong
Ahoy there matey! There is only one thing I can think to get nautical experience that does not involve what you said is setting companions you do not use to Sailin'. There are also boss ships you do not have to sink boss ships and those give you XP.
The best companions for a privateer would probably be The Marchioness, Emmett, and your Egg Shen maybe.
For a musketeer I'd recommend Bonnie Anne, Chantal, and Louis.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Thank ye!
Hmm...maybe I will buy a ship...never thought about that...
Thanks for the great advice on my nautical level right now. *Ship icon* (yeah, I've read posts about the ship icon )
For the companions, my current three are Wing Chun (level 20), Gaspard (on his promotion) and Shadow Wolf (Bison level 22)...Louis is on his promotion and serves as my backup guy if someone dies.

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 Musketeer

See you in the skyways!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I never recommend a "set team" to anyone. There's no such thing as a "perfect" team. Some are better with melee or some are better against ranged. Privateers, however, due to their buffs and shields can use any companion equally well.
I DO recommend that you try using as many of your companions as you can. Do this through choosing a "First Mate" or "Random" set in your Options.
Using a set team with one set strategy will handicap you in battles, learn to be flexible!

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Yeah, I'm pretty fine with my crew right now: Wing as the privateer, Bison as my archer, and Gaspard as the tank. Me the ranged with Bison Scout.
Louis/Chantal are my back-up team and they do pretty good too. I never really like a set team, either.

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 Musketeer