Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is the best way to gain nautical levels?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
I am a level 31 buccaneer and I am currently nautical level 18. My naut levels are falling way behind. I have companions "Sailin' ", but that does not seem to do anything. I need to level up my nautical level a lot because I need better equipment for my ship. I have not made it past Cool Ranch if you want to suggest anywhere I could grind. Thank you!!

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
instinctHelios on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
I am a level 31 buccaneer and I am currently nautical level 18. My naut levels are falling way behind. I have companions "Sailin' ", but that does not seem to do anything. I need to level up my nautical level a lot because I need better equipment for my ship. I have not made it past Cool Ranch if you want to suggest anywhere I could grind. Thank you!!
You should battle ships that are around your current Nautical Level. There really isn't a fast and easy way, unless if you are farming ships with more people.
As for your companions, have them at a higher level or at least above half your current level (For example, if you're level 60, have companions doing those Nautical Tasks at level 30-45). It would still take some time, but the more companions you have doing that task, you'll get good loads of Nautical EXP once the time is up
I suppose that's the best way of getting Nautical EXP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
instinctHelios on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
Hunt ships, due to your very low nautical I would hunt them in Monquista or Valencia ( Sivella skyway ).
But don't take those companions off Sailin'!
( Ship Icon desperately needed! )

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, but the only efficient way to farm Nautical XP is sinking ships near your level. You might want to grind with a friend, otherwise it's a LONG grind.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1. Sink Ships whenever you can -- you can gain ship equipment and Scrip as well as Nautical xp.

2. Sailing with your Companions - set every companion you don't need to be in battle to this Task.

3. Do side quests that reward with Nautical xp - here is a guide to side quests that don't require sinking ships, but reward your pirate with Nautical xp:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?58294&p=286516#post286516

[DARRR! I wish there was a SHIP ICON here...]

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The best way to bring your level up would be, since you're in Cool Ranch, side quests involving sinking ships and/or side quests that give nautical xp. There are some there that can bring in a good boost of it.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
Wiwade on Jul 22, 2019 wrote:
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, but the only efficient way to farm Nautical XP is sinking ships near your level. You might want to grind with a friend, otherwise it's a LONG grind.
Thanks for the advice but I only have 1 other friend that plays this game and he just started the other day (I'm helping KI, he bought a membership). He is around a level 8 last time I checked (yesterday or the day before). Is it still OK to grind in higher ranked areas with him?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I port to friends in Florenza to get the portal and then I pick up the side quests cause that place allows you to do that as soon as your pirate comes flying out the door. Get a friend to get you through the nautical quests and you are in business. Farming the dreadnaught helps, only need to hit the thing once and you can go afk while turning circles on your ship until someone comes along and sinks the thing. I do that for a nautical boost, if it out I'll hit it once, and then sit in the skyway while I go do other stuff in real life.

Fastest way to level nautical other than those things is simply to find all the quests that give nautical and actually do them going clear back to skull island and working your way up. You don't get much for sinking such low level ships, but they sink fast and the quest rewards are typically nice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
instinctHelios on Jul 23, 2019 wrote:
Thanks for the advice but I only have 1 other friend that plays this game and he just started the other day (I'm helping KI, he bought a membership). He is around a level 8 last time I checked (yesterday or the day before). Is it still OK to grind in higher ranked areas with him?
If you let him on your ship, he'll gain the same experience you get when you sink a ship. I wouldn't have a low level facing enemy who far out class him, though. What he won't get are the ship drops ( if any ) or scrip.
I have done this often for a few friends, especially if they're facing many ship battles ( Port Regal ).

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I retract my previous post, though it remains good advice.

The fastest way to up your nautical level is to get together a group of players to sink ships in either Aquila or Florenza. Florenza is my pick as low level ships are usually left alone making it easy to stay alive while sailing along with a higher level ship. Florenza drops can be worth a lot of gold and per ship sunk tends to yield low thousands.

Though it is easy to level up nautical fast in Florenza it is typically difficult to find players who will do that for you. When you port into Florenza as a low level player and pick up the side quests it is however easy to find people who will help you do those side quests that sink ships.

You don't actually have to be on your own ship to get nautical. You can be riding on someone else's, but you don't get drops that way.