Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

[Video] Could Goals Save Pirate 101?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of you probably already know who I am, but in case you didn't, I am a Pirate 101 member who has 2 Level 70 pirates (Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Musketeer and Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg Privateer). I also am 1 of the few family-friendly Twitch affiliates of this game, and I have been live streaming it just about every Friday for a year. I wanted to share with you a clip from last Friday's broadcast (Keeping It Real With RZ Episode 120 06/14/2019 titled "Could Goals Save Pirate 101?" in this video I talk about an idea I had on how to get the Pirate 101 community excited again: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/440561004

I am scheduled to stream Pirate 101 both Thursday (06/20/2019) and Friday (06/21/2019) of this week and I would like to encourage anyone on reads these forums (including Kingsisle employees) to watch. My channel is safe for anyone 10 years old and older! https://www.twitch.tv/rrrrzzzz both days I should be starting about 5:30 PM Central Time. I am hoping you will watch the video from last Friday and tell me what you think of my idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't want to be defeatist here, but I don't think this would quite work,. I don't know many people and of that number not one is interested in playing a MMORPG. But that's just me and my situation.
And didn't you, RZ and others, have already tried to get people you know to play this game? If it hasn't worked then, why imagine it would work now?
You can lead a person to a game but you can't make them play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well I suppose that Bat responded positively to your question, if it had been negative, then you wouldn't have made that video and this post. However, you're making it seem like a hostage situation "We need this # of new memberships or KI won't make a new world ( or P101 will die )!"
That's not our job, KI is the one to provide content because we pay them for that content. If they don't provide it, then the game dies - simple economics.
And I do take exception to the title here: do you actually believe that P101 will die ( needs saving ) unless we take action? I don't believe this at all.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 18, 2019 wrote:
Well I suppose that Bat responded positively to your question, if it had been negative, then you wouldn't have made that video and this post. However, you're making it seem like a hostage situation "We need this # of new memberships or KI won't make a new world ( or P101 will die )!"
That's not our job, KI is the one to provide content because we pay them for that content. If they don't provide it, then the game dies - simple economics.
And I do take exception to the title here: do you actually believe that P101 will die ( needs saving ) unless we take action? I don't believe this at all.
First of there definitely is the possibility this wouldn't work, but something has to happen soon if we want to get more players into Pirate 101. I believe in coming up with potential solutions as opposed to complaining and doing nothing.

And you are also right that it is Kingsisle's job to provide content, and they do provide content, but that content has been mounts and pets primarily, due to more players playing Wizard 101. My idea is for us to attempt to show Kingsisle that we can attract more new players, and if we do then maybe that can justify a new world being added which everyone wants.

Of course I have tried to get people to play this game, arguably I do that every time I stream Pirate 101 which is at least 3 times every month. But this difference with this idea is we would have clear goals to work towards with a clear reward if we meet them. Some of my Twitch followers quit playing Pirate 101 because they don't feel they have anything to do in the game anymore, but they still watch my streams, which tells you they still like the game as well. They will log back on if they feel they have something to do.

And to answer your question about the title, I feel Pirate 101 could eventually be at a point where it would have to be shut down, but luckily for us I am confident it isn't at that point right now. In my opinion Pirate 101 is safe through the rest of 2019, and could be safe in 2020. By 2021 with no new world though, then disaster might happen. That is why I believe we have to do something now. If by next year we do get a new world, I think we can keep this game alive at least through 2024, and that is a big deal.