Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bat Masterson, Could "New Pirate Welcome" Return?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I really like the new "Community News" section but I liked the "New Pirate Welcome" section as well, we shouldn't have to give up "New Pirate Welcome" we should be able to keep "New Pirate Welcome" and "Community News".

Administrator
I took it down because literally no one used it :(.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Bat Masterson on May 17, 2019 wrote:
Well, one new Pirate did come aboard, but there was no welcome section to be there and he was a bit confused if the category he was posting in was the right category. I personally think that category is a great idea to keep up there just in case if any new players come aboard, or any old players come back.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 17, 2019 wrote:
Well, one new Pirate did come aboard, but there was no welcome section to be there and he was a bit confused if the category he was posting in was the right category. I personally think that category is a great idea to keep up there just in case if any new players come aboard, or any old players come back.
I agree - although maybe take out the word "New" in that case -- I didn't post there because I wasn't new...

Maybe "Ahoy, Mateys, Tell Us a Bit About Yerself"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
True, but why maintain a category that is hardly used?I It may even cost time & money to keep that post up. ) If a new pirate wants to introduce themselves ( or old pirate returning ) they're able to post anywhere they like & especially if they have a question. Which is what new players and a few old ones use these boards for.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 17, 2019 wrote:
The reason why no one has used it Bat is that Pirate for the last --what 3 years -- has been badly neglected

Administrator
I could bring it back, if everyone finds it useful. Anyone object with it being added?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I quite agree, it should come back! New people should know where to say hello.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Bat Masterson on May 18, 2019 wrote:
I could bring it back, if everyone finds it useful. Anyone object with it being added?
No objections here! I think it'd be definitely useful, even if no one uses it at the time. It's a good safety net, I think.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2018
No Objections here!

Administrator
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on May 21, 2019 wrote:
It is back :).
Thank you Bat Masterson. Hopefully this time more people use it.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on May 21, 2019 wrote:
It is back :).
That's great! New pirates, you now have an official place to say hello again! I remember when I first said hello...

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
"The reason why no one has used it Bat is that Pirate for the last --what 3 years -- has been badly neglected"

To In Search of Yum: I strongly agree.

"It is back :)."

To Bat Masterson: Thanks! I know hardly anyone uses it anymore, and especially it's because of Pirate101 being neglected, but it's good to have as a safety net, I think.