Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why born spooky on buccaneer or swashbuckler?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
Since when did these classes have any magic spells?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
Swashbucklers choose born spooky ( Krok origin ) to get a boost to their poison attacks. A few classes do cross train witchdoctor spells.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
zachshock on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
Secondary class training using practice points?

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
But what spells do buccaneers have?

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
are the majority of swash and buccaneer's attacks weapon power based? I am tempted to go born warrior.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Apr 26, 2019 wrote:
are the majority of swash and buccaneer's attacks weapon power based? I am tempted to go born warrior.
Well, I have tried a swash from MooShu ( +5 to damage ) and swashes from Skull Island ( extra dodgy ). All my Buccaneers are from Griz and get that extra to health.
I have had NO problems from these origins. These are the "standard" sets for melee types, but there is nothing inherently wrong with choosing something off "the beaten path", if it works for you.
Having a more Accurate Privy or Spooky Buccaneer makes for an interesting set-up. Why should everyone play the same?
An enhance Will stat could give a Buccaneeer some advantages with gear & weapons for that stat. Imagine a boosted will buck who can resist Charm ( or even use that card ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A buccaneer with a boosted Will stat from "born spooky" will have stronger shields and strength buffs. You have to think outside the box in determining that a power can be enhanced with such a boost.
It's not necessary for a buck to use hoodoo to justify a spooky origin.