Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yuletide Ghost Companions' vocal problems

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, I have had my 3 Yuletide Spirit companions for a while now, and while I love having them on my roster, I do have problems I would like to bring to your attention.

1. The voice from the 1st Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Receiving, he's using Lucky Jack Russell's voice clips, like how Sergeant Shepherd as a Unit(seriously needs his own name change) still does to this day, even his on-select voice clips don't have the ghostly echo reverb ghosts have. Makes them stand out way less. I ask of you this, please give a new unique voice to the Spirit of Receiving.

2. The 2nd Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Returning uses the Cat Pirate's voice clips, the one from the Boochbeard Bundle, that is. He should have his own voice to differentiate that of his, with the addition of ghostly echo reverbs. Give him a unique voice.

3. The last Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Giving, has no voice of her own. Completely silent. Now, being a wharf rat pirate ghost herself, she doesn't speak, no matter what, even on-select, excluding combat. She needs a voice. Please give the Spirit of Giving her own voice so she'll be a bit more vocal.

Those vocal problems to said Units have been here for a long time, so I think it's time to address them. Please fix those, KI.

Thanks!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
These spirit companions need to be fixed in many ways. Visually, they are awesome, so it's not the artist -- programming, they do need attention. Hopefully someone can be assigned to work on that soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 2, 2019 wrote:
Ok, I have had my 3 Yuletide Spirit companions for a while now, and while I love having them on my roster, I do have problems I would like to bring to your attention.

1. The voice from the 1st Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Receiving, he's using Lucky Jack Russell's voice clips, like how Sergeant Shepherd as a Unit(seriously needs his own name change) still does to this day, even his on-select voice clips don't have the ghostly echo reverb ghosts have. Makes them stand out way less. I ask of you this, please give a new unique voice to the Spirit of Receiving.

2. The 2nd Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Returning uses the Cat Pirate's voice clips, the one from the Boochbeard Bundle, that is. He should have his own voice to differentiate that of his, with the addition of ghostly echo reverbs. Give him a unique voice.

3. The last Yuletide ghost Unit, the Spirit of Giving, has no voice of her own. Completely silent. Now, being a wharf rat pirate ghost herself, she doesn't speak, no matter what, even on-select, excluding combat. She needs a voice. Please give the Spirit of Giving her own voice so she'll be a bit more vocal.

Those vocal problems to said Units have been here for a long time, so I think it's time to address them. Please fix those, KI.

Thanks!
Besides giving them promotions as well.
Now as to voices, I'm not at all surprised ( or bothered ) that KI reused these voices for the Spirit of Receiving and the Spirit of Returning; these are reskins of those models. Not everyone has all these companions at once, so it's not that necessary to have different voices.

But the Spirit of Giving does need a voice and probably it will be Sarah Steele's/Lucy Sterling's voice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2019 wrote:
Besides giving them promotions as well.
Now as to voices, I'm not at all surprised ( or bothered ) that KI reused these voices for the Spirit of Receiving and the Spirit of Returning; these are reskins of those models. Not everyone has all these companions at once, so it's not that necessary to have different voices.

But the Spirit of Giving does need a voice and probably it will be Sarah Steele's/Lucy Sterling's voice.
Small reminder, KI did give Wagyu Sanjuro, Kobe Yojimbo's Crown Shop counterpart, a different voice to stand him out, that I like.

Sure, you weren't surprised about them recycling voices to those companions, but later on, they may give them different voices. It's the little things that matter to some people.