Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Don't discontinue PvP weapons

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
As all the fellow Pvpers around here probably noticed, they're are new ranked weapons this season. Now I am pretty happy with this, the weapons look kinda cool, and the power they give is arguably useful on certain classes. However, the discontinuing of Pvp weapons is not okay. The Winter weapons are gone, which means we won't see them again for at least a year, making it 2 years between the appearances of certain Pvp weapons.

Now nobody has really complained about this for one reason and one reason only. Nobody cares about the old Winter Weapons, they're the worst of all the the Champion weapons. When the Spring season comes, and people find that the Spring Weapons which give an insanely useful 50% heal power are missing, they're gonna be upset, because that weapon and power will literally be completely unobtainable. That would be quite an unfair advantage for long time players. So hopefully we can avoid that drama and just bring back old weapons now, before the Spring season starts.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 7, 2019 wrote:
As all the fellow Pvpers around here probably noticed, they're are new ranked weapons this season. Now I am pretty happy with this, the weapons look kinda cool, and the power they give is arguably useful on certain classes. However, the discontinuing of Pvp weapons is not okay. The Winter weapons are gone, which means we won't see them again for at least a year, making it 2 years between the appearances of certain Pvp weapons.

Now nobody has really complained about this for one reason and one reason only. Nobody cares about the old Winter Weapons, they're the worst of all the the Champion weapons. When the Spring season comes, and people find that the Spring Weapons which give an insanely useful 50% heal power are missing, they're gonna be upset, because that weapon and power will literally be completely unobtainable. That would be quite an unfair advantage for long time players. So hopefully we can avoid that drama and just bring back old weapons now, before the Spring season starts.
I have to agree here. Not sure on the reasoning for "cycling" the pvp weapons and pets. I understand this reasoning for Crown shop items (which is just a simple purchase), but PvP rewards are difficult to obtain. There are so little PvP items to even obtain....there isn't even a "crowded" window to choose from. The more PvP items on display might actually encourage more players to PvP, instead foregoing that particular season, because of the lack of desireable items.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Feb 9, 2019 wrote:
I have to agree here. Not sure on the reasoning for "cycling" the pvp weapons and pets. I understand this reasoning for Crown shop items (which is just a simple purchase), but PvP rewards are difficult to obtain. There are so little PvP items to even obtain....there isn't even a "crowded" window to choose from. The more PvP items on display might actually encourage more players to PvP, instead foregoing that particular season, because of the lack of desireable items.
So, just put all the weapons available on display ( regardless of season ) and let the Champions choose what weapon seems best for them? With a NEW section?

( I LIKE that! )

Not that I have a chance for Champion, but anything that pulls players into the Hall is welcome to me!

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
I agree. Instead of cycling the weapons every season, just have them all out at once. Maybe that'll entice some players to get back into PvP to get to champion.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I 100% agree with all the weapons being available year round.

They can still rotate out the mounts and pets.

Maybe they could have a few new powers with any new weapons that get added, to go along with all the current weapons.

Ensign
Oct 02, 2016
I Agree. There is no good reason to discontinue pvp weapons. If new weapons come out and are worse, people will have no incentive of doing ranked pvp.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Nextgenpowerblast on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
I Agree. There is no good reason to discontinue pvp weapons. If new weapons come out and are worse, people will have no incentive of doing ranked pvp.
A clear indication that PvP is going down in both games. Why not take it down and save us the hassle?

Just joking! But really, please fix PvP!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
After this most recent update introducing the lackluster spring reward helmets, the PvP vendor definitely needs the spring weapons added back to the list.