Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No more updates?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
Im level 67 and just completed aquila, i find it odd how we went through a lot of worlds just to get 3 pieces of the map, and im nearly max level and apparently people say the game was never updated compared to 2015, so when are we going to get the storyline of the el dorado map finished, and a question referring to this is where does all the weird stormgates i see throughout questing will lead to? As well as a bunch of unnamed stormgates, the first one was in avernus. I seen a stormgate to polaris, what is going to happen next? There is no windstone for it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BrandBrandPowers12... on Jan 2, 2019 wrote:
Im level 67 and just completed aquila, i find it odd how we went through a lot of worlds just to get 3 pieces of the map, and im nearly max level and apparently people say the game was never updated compared to 2015, so when are we going to get the storyline of the el dorado map finished, and a question referring to this is where does all the weird stormgates i see throughout questing will lead to? As well as a bunch of unnamed stormgates, the first one was in avernus. I seen a stormgate to polaris, what is going to happen next? There is no windstone for it
We max levels are all at the same point, will P101 update this year? We don't know, but I hope it will.

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
The game has not had substantial storyline update since 2015, and probably never will get one at this point. It's incredibly bad business to kill a game the way KI has, and then suddenly begin investing it again once no one is playing. So my guess is, once there are few enough paying members that there's no profit/not worth keeping the servers up, KI will shut it down.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
N1ckee on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
The game has not had substantial storyline update since 2015, and probably never will get one at this point. It's incredibly bad business to kill a game the way KI has, and then suddenly begin investing it again once no one is playing. So my guess is, once there are few enough paying members that there's no profit/not worth keeping the servers up, KI will shut it down.
Nope, I don't agree. And unless you're actually an employee of KI saying that P101 will never get a story update and that KI will shut it down, is going too far.
"No one is playing"? Hardly, there are still many players out there.

Post like this convince me that if KI were more open to their players, sharing what's in development, there wouldn't BE these negative posts.
Ignore the pessimists, me pirate chum, and keep the faith!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
N1ckee on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
Stop it with the shutting down! I REALLY think something big is coming up!

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
Pirate101 I think has reached the point in every MMOs life where its not sustainable anymore. I highly doubt Polaris is in development right now, and it feels especially painful when Wizard101 stole Pirate101s Polaris update. Valencia part 2 was made almost entirely of existing resources, and I appreciate what a small crew was able to do with all of those resources, they made a playable story. Valencia part 2 of course was missing that polished Pirate101 feel of course, for one the level cap could have easily been 80 due to the amount of experience you get. Side quests had text errors and main quests had some visual mistakes not present in previous updates. Pirate has been seriously outshined by Wizard because it's not a card game, honestly. I wish at this point that what's left of the Pirate101 team (and hopefully some of the Wizard team) can make small quality of life updates with the exiting resources in the game files. I'm talking about the Donkey Hotay and penguin scout companions (which I think would make great additions- being complete). I wish they would also release the other unreleased companion promotions, there are several in my knowledge with corresponding animations. I really want them to port Wiz Polaris into Pirate, but now, what's the point. There's going to be no story. Pirate now lives off Wiz updates and misc small updates, which have little meaning if the game is going to get shut down soon. On that note, My final and strongest wish to KI is when the time come and Pirate101 has to shut down, I sincerely hope they make an offline mode. After the shut down you will still be able to play all you'd like without worry of membership and with access to the game files and commands. Imagine being able to host lan sessions with your friends too. Club Penguin Island did something similar, along with the several iterations of Toontown. All in all, Pirate should add the above before the end and give it's players as much content as possible with its resources

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
June 2016, to be exact, but I still yearn for more adventures. There will still be more updates. Now that Empyrea Part II's done, perhaps KI will focus more on P101.

You know, Blind Mew was occupied with W101 writing when he was doing it to Empyrea in March 2017, yes? It was because he took the mantle as W101's lead writer, but that doesn't mean he abandoned his lead P101 writer position. Don't think that. Now, he strives to do both at once. It's why he was silent on P101's storyline status.

Don't worry.

Administrator
Thank you all for the comments. We understand your concerns that Pirate101 isn't getting enough attention compared to Wizard101. As we've responded to similar posts in the past, we all love the game and want to continue to expand it out wherever possible. As the new-ish community manager, I am also playing and enjoying it greatly!

Going to close this thread now, as these tend to eventually devolve into arguments. Please continue to submit your ideas and suggestions, though we fully realize your interest in a new world already, so ideas and concerns on the present worlds would be more receptive.

We'll keep you informed of each update that comes out, so keep watch on places like the newsletters. At some point in the future we may be able to do an AMA or similar to answer question (KI Lives are great for this!).