Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Accidental Battles!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Oh boy.... tonight I made a mistake. I was rushing my ship through the Khotan Skyway with the Z Boost, when I saw a turtle. Now, there are many friendly Green-Named turtles that like to wave as you go by and leave you alone. Then there are Red-Named devil turtles who go around and try to stop you from defeating Doctor Noh or getting to Subata Skyway... BUT they all look the same! So as I was zooming around I happened upon a turtle, who at first glance looked friendly. I figured I could zoom across right in front of him, but I was sorely wrong. He was a devil turtle. He boarded my ship and rushed into battle. The worst part? He left a wet deck, on which Ratbeard slipped on with his peg leg. I didn't hear the end of that for a lonnng time.

So, my moral is: Be careful to look at turtle's nametags before going up and trying to pet them.

What are your "Accidental Battle" stories?

Morgan

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
The Stalwart Queen on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:
Oh boy.... tonight I made a mistake. I was rushing my ship through the Khotan Skyway with the Z Boost, when I saw a turtle. Now, there are many friendly Green-Named turtles that like to wave as you go by and leave you alone. Then there are Red-Named devil turtles who go around and try to stop you from defeating Doctor Noh or getting to Subata Skyway... BUT they all look the same! So as I was zooming around I happened upon a turtle, who at first glance looked friendly. I figured I could zoom across right in front of him, but I was sorely wrong. He was a devil turtle. He boarded my ship and rushed into battle. The worst part? He left a wet deck, on which Ratbeard slipped on with his peg leg. I didn't hear the end of that for a lonnng time.

So, my moral is: Be careful to look at turtle's nametags before going up and trying to pet them.

Morgan
Well, once i was questing on Quinn and decided to do the AFK trick and grab a sandwich. I was gone for much longer than expected, and when i came back, I was all the way back at the life fountain. I never did find out how that happened...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I once mistook a jellyfish for blue yum yum fruit....heh, noob moment!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 30, 2018 wrote:
I once mistook a jellyfish for blue yum yum fruit....heh, noob moment!
I used to do that quite often - I've also run into accidental jellyfish going between St. Bonobo's Abbey and Zenda, they are very good at camouflage.

[ship icon]

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
The most annoying one for me would be the spiders over at Gortez. I can't even count the number of times I've carelessly fought them in an attempt to grab some eggs for the monkeys.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Dec 29, 2018 wrote:

Morgan
Epic idea, Morgan/Misty! I'm going to have to say the many times in the Skyways that I get caught up in a fight with some beasties. It doesn't happen too often, because I finally figured out how to go in-between crazy Sky Turtles, Koi Fish and a whole lot more, heh. Consider me the stunt-woman of Skyway Navigating.