Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Disappearing Threads/posts

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ok, so this is more a question for Bat than anyone else really. I must say that I've only recently returned to pirates after a lovely 6 months away, so I don't know if this is a new policy.

I've noticed, a couple posts and even an entire thread have disappeared days after being posted. I completely understand a post not making it's way through moderation if it goes against the boards posting rules. But, why remove posts, and threads, days after they've made it through moderation.

I'm referring to certain posts in the KI live streaming post, one of which was critical of KI, but suggested equal time for Pirates and Wizards, the others were in support of KI. The thread is the "the end" thread, which was simply player stating why we still play Pirate101.

These posts were on the boards long enough to be replied to, and to be yarred. Clearly they ressonated with other players here. So, if they made it through moderation in then first place, why remove them days later?

Administrator
CdeWinter on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Ok, so this is more a question for Bat than anyone else really. I must say that I've only recently returned to pirates after a lovely 6 months away, so I don't know if this is a new policy.

I've noticed, a couple posts and even an entire thread have disappeared days after being posted. I completely understand a post not making it's way through moderation if it goes against the boards posting rules. But, why remove posts, and threads, days after they've made it through moderation.

I'm referring to certain posts in the KI live streaming post, one of which was critical of KI, but suggested equal time for Pirates and Wizards, the others were in support of KI. The thread is the "the end" thread, which was simply player stating why we still play Pirate101.

These posts were on the boards long enough to be replied to, and to be yarred. Clearly they ressonated with other players here. So, if they made it through moderation in then first place, why remove them days later?
Hi CdeWinter! I'm not aware of any removed posts recently, but it is possible. We will remove them if an argument starts to grow out of control, or there are other concerns regarding the safety of the posters, etc. Doesn't happen very often at all though, thankfully!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Bat Masterson on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Hi CdeWinter! I'm not aware of any removed posts recently, but it is possible. We will remove them if an argument starts to grow out of control, or there are other concerns regarding the safety of the posters, etc. Doesn't happen very often at all though, thankfully!
Ok, thank you for the reply. It might be that I simply don't see them anymore for some reason.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Bat Masterson on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Um, did you post something in the Captain's Log today? Because the message boards home page is telling me you did, but there is nothing new there.

I, too, don't see the "The End?" thread, and I know I read it the other day.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
Um, did you post something in the Captain's Log today? Because the message boards home page is telling me you did, but there is nothing new there.

I, too, don't see the "The End?" thread, and I know I read it the other day.
Oh yes, it was that video of a developer in charge of the Krampus battles, being interviewed by Leah Rubin. I believe "The End?' was removed to protect the poster who contributed how P101 helped her mental situation ( too much personal information is against the rules for posting. )

I would have liked to thank the minuteman for starting that thread because it reminded all of us just why we continue playing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Use the code krampus2018 to get a wood key!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
Oh yes, it was that video of a developer in charge of the Krampus battles, being interviewed by Leah Rubin. I believe "The End?' was removed to protect the poster who contributed how P101 helped her mental situation ( too much personal information is against the rules for posting. )

I would have liked to thank the minuteman for starting that thread because it reminded all of us just why we continue playing.
Instead of removing an entire thread, that paragraph could have been edited out by a moderator, or the post simply not pushed through moderation. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still quite a slap in the face. The rest of the replies listed valid reasons to continue with the game and had no "offensive" material in them. At the very least I feel like I should have been notified that my post was "inappropriate," but I received no indication that I had stepped out of line.

Had it not been for other several other posts over the years alluding to or flat out stating similar experiences to mine, I would not have added that part. Having the ability to share how Pirate101 is important to me ripped away from me is rather invalidating to my experience as if it doesn't matter in the slightest. Regardless, it appears as though I've stepped on some toes, and I offer my apologies for being honest.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
Use the code krampus2018 to get a wood key!
Thanks!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Dec 22, 2018 wrote:
Instead of removing an entire thread, that paragraph could have been edited out by a moderator, or the post simply not pushed through moderation. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still quite a slap in the face. The rest of the replies listed valid reasons to continue with the game and had no "offensive" material in them. At the very least I feel like I should have been notified that my post was "inappropriate," but I received no indication that I had stepped out of line.

Had it not been for other several other posts over the years alluding to or flat out stating similar experiences to mine, I would not have added that part. Having the ability to share how Pirate101 is important to me ripped away from me is rather invalidating to my experience as if it doesn't matter in the slightest. Regardless, it appears as though I've stepped on some toes, and I offer my apologies for being honest.
That is my point. Some of the missing posts were mine as well. Yes, one was critical of KI, but it was still polite, and I thought it had met the Message board rules for posting. The others were all supportive of KI, not argumentive in the slightest.

I'm more curious about the reason for the sudden removal, with no warning or explanation, rather than being upset about it. If I did unintentionally do something wrong, I would like to know what it was, so that I may avoid doing it again.