Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Feedback on Krampus

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So Krampus came out a little while ago and I fought him enough times that I feel like I am ready to give some feedback on it.

The Weapons: I get that a Christmas holiday weapon isn't supposed to be meta changing, but having this guy be the only thing you can currently use gold keys on (Although I imagine that will be changing shortly) his drops should at least do something cool. For starters, these bell weapons don't actually make bell noises, they give no talents or powers, and they are also only staffy variants which cuts off their stitch-ability for the majority of the playerbase.

I feel like they should have a little gimmick to them, nothing too meta changing but something fun and Christmas-y. I feel like if they came with a power that would turn an enemy into a present for one turn that would be fun to mess with. Or if that is too overpowered maybe they can just be present landmines or something. Also add some melee only variants.

The Badges: I am not a badge hunting guy but some of the badge requirements are just plain unfair, like for the second gold key badge you have to kill Krampus 100 times. So you need 100 gold keys, and he is also a limited time boss so you only get about one month of the year to kill him. And since he has 3 different tiers I imagine each one has a separate kill them 100 times badge, requiring 100 keys each, that's just not fair and shouldn't be a thing especially for a key boss that has so few worthwhile drops at the moment.

Drops in general: As I touched on earlier, he has nothing really useful for drops (That we know of), just some subpar weapons and a fancy pet. He could give something cool even if his weapons end up buffed. Maybe we can finally introduce some droppable companions from this boss, Christmas themed ones of course. The gold key zone would be a cool spot to make a Gingerbread companion obtainable, although he probably shouldn't come with the assassin strike. Since he's locked behind skeleton keys, he should really have something of use aside from staffy weapon stitch fodder and rentals.

Bugs: If you had sound on while killing him, you might have noticed his sound files are all messed up, sometimes he makes Troggy noises when taking damage, and I am pretty sure I heard a few cat sounds from him too.
His Christmas Cracker allies also have Flanking 2 despite being musketeers.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Friendly Jesse Pew on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
So Krampus came out a little while ago and I fought him enough times that I feel like I am ready to give some feedback on it.

The Weapons: I get that a Christmas holiday weapon isn't supposed to be meta changing, but having this guy be the only thing you can currently use gold keys on (Although I imagine that will be changing shortly) his drops should at least do something cool. For starters, these bell weapons don't actually make bell noises, they give no talents or powers, and they are also only staffy variants which cuts off their stitch-ability for the majority of the playerbase.

I feel like they should have a little gimmick to them, nothing too meta changing but something fun and Christmas-y. I feel like if they came with a power that would turn an enemy into a present for one turn that would be fun to mess with. Or if that is too overpowered maybe they can just be present landmines or something. Also add some melee only variants.

The Badges: I am not a badge hunting guy but some of the badge requirements are just plain unfair, like for the second gold key badge you have to kill Krampus 100 times. So you need 100 gold keys, and he is also a limited time boss so you only get about one month of the year to kill him. And since he has 3 different tiers I imagine each one has a separate kill them 100 times badge, requiring 100 keys each, that's just not fair and shouldn't be a thing especially for a key boss that has so few worthwhile drops at the moment.

Drops in general: As I touched on earlier, he has nothing really useful for drops (That we know of), just some subpar weapons and a fancy pet. He could give something cool even if his weapons end up buffed. Maybe we can finally introduce some droppable companions from this boss, Christmas themed ones of course. The gold key zone would be a cool spot to make a Gingerbread companion obtainable, although he probably shouldn't come with the assassin strike. Since he's locked behind skeleton keys, he should really have something of use aside from staffy weapon stitch fodder and rentals.

Bugs: If you had sound on while killing him, you might have noticed his sound files are all messed up, sometimes he makes Troggy noises when taking damage, and I am pretty sure I heard a few cat sounds from him too.
Weapons: Finally feeling a bit of love being a witchdoctor main, getting a weapon that I can stitch that isn't bishops gears of war (and the staffy shooty when I go on a hybird) but for the most part, weapons are too weak, Examples being His Staff and Shooty is just a weaker Orb of Nefarious Death (something that you can frequently get in a pack for 399 crowns, btw) his normal staff is subpar at best, still beaten by Moos Staff of Power, Nefarious Staff, and Phules Wand (we need a better 6 range wand, especially when the best wand in the game is a level 10 wand, yeah, you could argue that level 45 moo drops a 6 range wand, but witch hunter > cowards bane) But it's basically like wizards krampus staff, used for stitching only.
Badges: you actually don't need 100 keys to get those badges, I've done gold kramp 10 times while only using 2 keys, you in theory just need a good farming group, and at most 25 keys each.
Drops: Aside from a pet, and witchdoctor stitch weapons, no reason to farm, yes.
Bugs: noticed them as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:

Ok, about the badge of 100 defeats; you act as if this is the only time you will be able to fight Krampus and that your progress will be wiped out after he goes. You will have plenty of time to gain gold keys from now until Christmas in July and until Yuletide returns next year. Plenty of time to gain a badge ( so don't stress )!
Also you said a "fancy pet" drops but what kind of pet? Is it completely new? Or have we seen this design before?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
Ok, about the badge of 100 defeats; you act as if this is the only time you will be able to fight Krampus and that your progress will be wiped out after he goes. You will have plenty of time to gain gold keys from now until Christmas in July and until Yuletide returns next year. Plenty of time to gain a badge ( so don't stress )!
Also you said a "fancy pet" drops but what kind of pet? Is it completely new? Or have we seen this design before?
Well according to the Krampus update page it says the keys will only drop throughout the Yuletide season, so you can’t farm them in advance. However, as I conspiracied earlier they could add new bosses that use these keys afterwards and make them always farmable, but then you’d be wasting all those keys on Krampus instead of a boss with good drops so I will maintain that it’s an unfair number no matter how it plays out. I know badges are just cosmetic but still!

The fancy pet I mentioned is the Lump of Coal pet, I know it’s just a port from wiz but I am happy to have a pet rock added to Pirate101

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
There's a Coallie Polie, and Lump of Coal (yes, lump of coal) pet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Dec 2, 2018 wrote:
There's a Coallie Polie, and Lump of Coal (yes, lump of coal) pet.
Coalie-Polie sounds new And I like the Lump of Coal pet in W101 ( where it's a fire school pet ) it comes with a spell - "Krampus". I wonder if this pet will end up casting that as an attack?