Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Halloween in Pirate should be better.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I seem to notice how Wizard has all these Halloween Quests and dungeons. Why doesn't Pirate have something like that? A Dungeon like the Ghostly Spires, and maybe a Halloween Companion would be nice. Could this be added, Kingsisle?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Something i've always wanted as well as new Halloween content is an upgrade to the Halloween aesthetics. IMO, slapping some orange and black decorations on Skull Island doesn't really cut it. These changes could be easy to apply, like changing the skybox to something darker and spookier, maybe the sand has a greenish tint? In general, make it look more like the website's background during October. Just adding a spooky skybox and extra decoration would be enough, Skull Island just doesn't seem spooky enough during the day.

A similar thing could be done during Christmas to spice up the atmosphere, perhaps a change of the sand to snow? It's the little things like these that make the events feel just a little more alive!

Hardy Quinn

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Excellent suggestions, Lookit Light. Maybe we will see some new goodies this month.

-Indigo

Ensign
Oct 07, 2013
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 3, 2018 wrote:
Something i've always wanted as well as new Halloween content is an upgrade to the Halloween aesthetics. IMO, slapping some orange and black decorations on Skull Island doesn't really cut it. These changes could be easy to apply, like changing the skybox to something darker and spookier, maybe the sand has a greenish tint? In general, make it look more like the website's background during October. Just adding a spooky skybox and extra decoration would be enough, Skull Island just doesn't seem spooky enough during the day.

A similar thing could be done during Christmas to spice up the atmosphere, perhaps a change of the sand to snow? It's the little things like these that make the events feel just a little more alive!

Hardy Quinn
Yes, I agree, that would make things more seasonal and lively.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Well, the Party Room finally got updated....so we have that for Halloween.

Pirate101 puts a large emphasis on decorations as a defining feature of the game. The winter Yuletide holiday decorations was highlighted as one of the best of the best for 2017.

Since it appears Pirate101 is not getting a new world any time soon (it would have been hyped like Empryea part 2 is right now, if a new world was coming out before 2019), it would be great if they could add more Haywire-like dungeons....seasonal or not.

If anything like this is in the works, I would expect it around Christmas. Probably a reskin of Wizard101 Yuletide content (like Krampus....especially since skeleton key are now in Pirate101).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've been hoping for a Halloween quest line since this game began; maybe the Ambassador's Assignments could be changed during Halloween & Christmas? Give us something different to do?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There are three new Exploration Badges that have been discovered. Finding things seems to be the Pirate's new holiday fun. (Note: you may have to enter a dungeon.)

Balloons have been confirmed in Monquista and Cool Ranch, and a Gift Box in Valencia -- 1-day rental Stage Ship Mounts are the badge rewards. We are still looking in other worlds.

Good Luck!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I've got an idea! How about something like Nosferabbit? I realize that we couldn't do Nosferabbit himself, since he lurks in Wizard City, so how about Bunferatu? The exact plot line is up to Kingsisle, but this seems like an interesting idea. We could even get Veggie Revenants as companions! I've even got names and classes for them!

Buccaneer: Venus Flytrap > Leaner Flytrap > Meanest Flytrap

Privateer: Dead Beets > Long Dead Beets > Cold Dead Beets

Musketeer: Evil Throw Peas > Sinister Throw Peas > Diabolical Throw Peas

Swashbuckler: Bitey Carrots > Chompy Carrots > Gnawty Carrots

Witchdocter: Phyca-sparagus > Telekinetika-sparagus > Asparaga-shaman

I think you'll agree this would make things LIVELY, don't you think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 13, 2018 wrote:
I've got an idea! How about something like Nosferabbit? I realize that we couldn't do Nosferabbit himself, since he lurks in Wizard City, so how about Bunferatu? The exact plot line is up to Kingsisle, but this seems like an interesting idea. We could even get Veggie Revenants as companions! I've even got names and classes for them!

Buccaneer: Venus Flytrap > Leaner Flytrap > Meanest Flytrap

Privateer: Dead Beets > Long Dead Beets > Cold Dead Beets

Musketeer: Evil Throw Peas > Sinister Throw Peas > Diabolical Throw Peas

Swashbuckler: Bitey Carrots > Chompy Carrots > Gnawty Carrots

Witchdocter: Phyca-sparagus > Telekinetika-sparagus > Asparaga-shaman

I think you'll agree this would make things LIVELY, don't you think?
I don't see an undead Rabbit and revenant vegetables as part of a pirate story. ( As we don't have gardening here. ) Plus, I think we should have something original for ourselves than take a storyline direct from W101 and import it here.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
How about peter pan? we are pirates so seeing that we have to stop peter pan from terrorizing skull island and taking children away would be something that we could do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the doctor on Oct 15, 2018 wrote:
How about peter pan? we are pirates so seeing that we have to stop peter pan from terrorizing skull island and taking children away would be something that we could do.
Make Peter Pan a child-napping villain? Brilliant idea! Love it!!!! ( Except that Peter Pan has an on going copyright, as J.M. Barrie deeded the proceeds of the book Peter and Wendy to a children's hospital. ) However, an homage or satire of P.P. could possibly work.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:
Make Peter Pan a child-napping villain? Brilliant idea! Love it!!!! ( Except that Peter Pan has an on going copyright, as J.M. Barrie deeded the proceeds of the book Peter and Wendy to a children's hospital. ) However, an homage or satire of P.P. could possibly work.
yeah but sadly that all I got for what would be our Halloween villain. The usual thing for pirates are ghost ships and we already did that on that manny, joe, and jack.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the doctor on Oct 19, 2018 wrote:
yeah but sadly that all I got for what would be our Halloween villain. The usual thing for pirates are ghost ships and we already did that on that manny, joe, and jack.
I once suggested a Halloween quest line ( see post: slightly disappointed ). but a ghost ship quest would be good; it could be our version of the ghostly towers of W101.
Your quest line of P.P. kidnapping children is easy to imagine:
Free the children from Pan's secret hideout by fighting the lost boys, dark fairies, sirens and one monster crokagator, then fight Pan himself.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2018 wrote:
I once suggested a Halloween quest line ( see post: slightly disappointed ). but a ghost ship quest would be good; it could be our version of the ghostly towers of W101.
Your quest line of P.P. kidnapping children is easy to imagine:
Free the children from Pan's secret hideout by fighting the lost boys, dark fairies, sirens and one monster crokagator, then fight Pan himself.
Sounds interesting, but isn't Peter Pan supposed to be the good guy? Plus Peter Pan is not a Halloween story.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Sounds interesting, but isn't Peter Pan supposed to be the good guy? Plus Peter Pan is not a Halloween story.
Peter Pan has pirates, though. And KI made Samuel Clemmens ( Mark Twain ) into a bad guy in Cool Ranch. That's the point of a change in perspective. Look at Wreck It Ralph, that's the story of a "bad guy" wanting to be hero..

Ask a parent if they think someone entering into their homes at night and stealing the children should be considered a hero.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Peter Pan’s more of a neutral entity than a good guy. He’ll teach the Lost Boys to fly, but not how to stop or land...and they may end up falling to their deaths when they become too scared to keep flying or too tired to stay awake unless they figure out how to stop on their own. There’s more to his story that illustrates the point, but Peter Pan is in no way shape or form a good guy.

Now for my own thoughts on Pirate101’s Halloween festivities. I think it’d be nice if pirates took on the role of the tricksters instead of the “good guys/gals/pals” since they are pirates, after all. Harmless fun, perhaps involving playing a big trick on Captain Avery and/or the class trainers.

For cosmetics, a jack-o’-lantern mask/head like Wizard101 has would be nice to have here. Pair it with Blood’s coat and you’ve got yourself a Headless Horse(wo)man costume. A companion would be neat, too. I really enjoy Lookit Light’s veggie companions - I laughed out loud at the “Gnawty Carrots” suggestion and would adore seeing those brought to life, but perhaps as pets to leave room for more piratey companions. Some of the more unique Undead from Wizard101 wouldn’t look too far amiss in Pirate101. I, for one, would be delighted with a rotting fodder companion that could smack enemies around with its shovel.

Haunted house dungeons in the style of Wizard101’s Halloween gauntlet towers would be fun, too, especially if they dropped unique spooky loot. Maybe there’d be some returning enemies in ghostly form similar to but not as difficult as the new skeleton key bosses. I’d also like to see more general things to do, like the apple tubs, jack-o’-lanterns and ghost-catching quests with a bit of piratey twist on them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:
Peter Pan’s more of a neutral entity than a good guy. He’ll teach the Lost Boys to fly, but not how to stop or land...and they may end up falling to their deaths when they become too scared to keep flying or too tired to stay awake unless they figure out how to stop on their own. There’s more to his story that illustrates the point, but Peter Pan is in no way shape or form a good guy.

Now for my own thoughts on Pirate101’s Halloween festivities. I think it’d be nice if pirates took on the role of the tricksters instead of the “good guys/gals/pals” since they are pirates, after all. Harmless fun, perhaps involving playing a big trick on Captain Avery and/or the class trainers.

For cosmetics, a jack-o’-lantern mask/head like Wizard101 has would be nice to have here. Pair it with Blood’s coat and you’ve got yourself a Headless Horse(wo)man costume. A companion would be neat, too. I really enjoy Lookit Light’s veggie companions - I laughed out loud at the “Gnawty Carrots” suggestion and would adore seeing those brought to life, but perhaps as pets to leave room for more piratey companions. Some of the more unique Undead from Wizard101 wouldn’t look too far amiss in Pirate101. I, for one, would be delighted with a rotting fodder companion that could smack enemies around with its shovel.

Haunted house dungeons in the style of Wizard101’s Halloween gauntlet towers would be fun, too, especially if they dropped unique spooky loot. Maybe there’d be some returning enemies in ghostly form similar to but not as difficult as the new skeleton key bosses. I’d also like to see more general things to do, like the apple tubs, jack-o’-lanterns and ghost-catching quests with a bit of piratey twist on them.
Now I know someone else who has actually read the book Peter and Wendy!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
MistyDragon13 on Oct 22, 2018 wrote:

Yes, maybe it's supposed to be harmless fun but lets say accidents keen happening...

I'm glad someone found the veggies funny. Although I now realize zombie veggies might not fit in a Pirate storyline, the names are good (Except maybe the asparagus, there could be better names out there.)

Lastly, Halloween cosmetics and a dungeon would be the best thing that could be done. Obviously

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Wow, a whole lot of Peter Pan references! Loving it, as a diehard fan of Pixie Hollow and all of Never Land should.

Very interesting idea to make Peter Pan into a bad guy/kidnapper. I don't mind them doing a satirical playoff of Peter Pan, even making him a bad guy, but remember that even though a lot of adults play this game, the audience is, after all, for kids. So, I'm not entirely sure about making him a kidnapper, but no matter what happens, if Pan is turned into a bad guy, I'll never think of the original character the same way again!

(P.S. I bet y'all didn't notice I was gone, huh? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 28, 2018 wrote:
Wow, a whole lot of Peter Pan references! Loving it, as a diehard fan of Pixie Hollow and all of Never Land should.

Very interesting idea to make Peter Pan into a bad guy/kidnapper. I don't mind them doing a satirical playoff of Peter Pan, even making him a bad guy, but remember that even though a lot of adults play this game, the audience is, after all, for kids. So, I'm not entirely sure about making him a kidnapper, but no matter what happens, if Pan is turned into a bad guy, I'll never think of the original character the same way again!

(P.S. I bet y'all didn't notice I was gone, huh? )
I suggest you read Peter and Wendy by Barrie. I was amazed how this book should be considered "child appropriate" and how it inspired so many plays and movies that are loved.

And since I know that you and I used to play Disney's Pixie Hollow, I leave with a quote:
"Whenever a child says 'I don't believe in fairies', there's a fairy somewhere who drops down dead!"

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 29, 2018 wrote:
I suggest you read Peter and Wendy by Barrie. I was amazed how this book should be considered "child appropriate" and how it inspired so many plays and movies that are loved.

And since I know that you and I used to play Disney's Pixie Hollow, I leave with a quote:
"Whenever a child says 'I don't believe in fairies', there's a fairy somewhere who drops down dead!"
Wow, very interesting. I am quite interested!

Haha! Wonderful quote. Fairy to fairy, yes?

*starts clapping, yelling "I believe!"*

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Let's get this thread back on track with a few questions:

1: Should there be a season-exclusive dungeon? What should be in it?

2: What sort of unique accessories would be preferable?

3: Should there be a quest line? What would you do? Who would give them?

For my thought on question 3, I like MistyDragon13's idea of a prank on Avery, but with a few changes. Let's say problems keep happening, too many to be natural. The cause? The ghost of a pirate with a grudge against Avery.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:

For my thought on question 3, I like MistyDragon13's idea of a prank on Avery, but with a few changes. Let's say problems keep happening, too many to be natural. The cause? The ghost of a pirate with a grudge against Avery.
1. Yes - seasonal enemies dropping seasonal items like housing, doubloons and weapons.

2. Accessories that aren't all facemasks and eyepatches -- how about a nose piercing? or a small "beauty mark" or tiny tatoo.

3. Yes, a questline given by someone new, like one of the Circus Maximus representatives from other worlds.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Nov 1, 2018 wrote:

I do believe that P101 would benefit from seasonal or other events similar to the Lost Pages or the Five B.O.X.E.S. events in W101 These would give us something to look forward to between updates.
1. If it was a seasonal event, perhaps Christmas would be preferred to Halloween/Birthday celebrations in both games. We do get the Gingerbread ships & the Snowman hunt now, but maybe a quest line could be added.
A. What should be in it? I would like to see something that can be enjoyed by all levels of pirates. Something that can be soloed without too much trouble - it's a holiday spree, not a grind. ( we already have enough for the "hard-core" players. )
2. What sort of unique accessories would be preferable? Something fun, but not "OP", something that can be stitched if desired. We don't have a lot of "eye patch" accessories dropped in the game. Or enough unique styles in fashion.
3. A quest line would be very nice indeed.
A. A search or hunt for treasure would be in keeping with the pirate theme and this is a popular activity for some IRL parties. ( Like scavenger hunts. )

B. We should have a visiting guest NPC deliver the quest line ( Or even make Boochbeard & Gandry make an appearance; they're under-utilized, IMO.

Post Edit: A unique companion, perhaps? I like the Gingerbread man design Or maybe a reindeer?