Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Retired Wizard bundles come to pirate

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i was doing a Winterbane run recently and i got to thinking "this would make a good pirate dungeon" just need to change combat layout and change drops and it could work. plus wizard already retired *checks online* 14 bundles. i think pirate could use at least half of them. so why not bring them back and give them to pirate?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
the minutemen on Sep 26, 2018 wrote:
i was doing a Winterbane run recently and i got to thinking "this would make a good pirate dungeon" just need to change combat layout and change drops and it could work. plus wizard already retired *checks online* 14 bundles. i think pirate could use at least half of them. so why not bring them back and give them to pirate?
Excellent idea - there are several I would really enjoy seeing get the "Pirate" treatment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
Excellent idea - there are several I would really enjoy seeing get the "Pirate" treatment.

The Polarian Bundle!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
The Polarian Bundle!
that bundle isn't yet retired but i agree.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
While I am fine with some retired bundle items that may be brought to P101, I think that may need some consideration. Should P101 have them, they may need to somewhat distance that from those retired bundle items.

In some seriousness, a little originality is needed to do so. Should P101 have a new bundle, it's got to be 100% original. Sometimes, recycling certain past content, be it from W101 or P101, can get a bit... repetitive.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
While I am fine with some retired bundle items that may be brought to P101, I think that may need some consideration. Should P101 have them, they may need to somewhat distance that from those retired bundle items.

In some seriousness, a little originality is needed to do so. Should P101 have a new bundle, it's got to be 100% original. Sometimes, recycling certain past content, be it from W101 or P101, can get a bit... repetitive.
This is a "both sides of a coin" argument. Of course, an original bundle would be best, but I often look with envy upon the great bundles of W101, that with only a little tweaking can be made over to P101. After all, we both inhabit the same Spiral and if a bundle is based on a world shared by both games, then why not if it saves KI time and trouble that can be better devoted to updating the game.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Trimond297 on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:

keep in mind though that not all of the retired bundles would work. Winterbane and Prehistoric? sure. Arcane Builder and Mystic Fishing? not so much. the Spiral Cup would work but would need allot of changes and such. more so than other bundles. but having recycled bundles is better than having no new bundles at all.