Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Auto Companion Old Scratch Needs To Be Fixed ASAP

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Well the unthinkable just happened. My connection froze for a second during my team's battle phase and Old Scratch used Doom Mojo on the second turn (after I used the 100% Mojo boost first turn), almost my whole team died. This is not right, Old Scratch should have selected 50% Mojo Boost second turn, not Doom Mojo. I don't think I can use Auto Companions anymore until this is fixed. 100% Mojo Boost, 50% Mojo Boost, Jobu's Kiss, and Purge Magic should all be selected before Doom Mojo.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Well the unthinkable just happened. My connection froze for a second during my team's battle phase and Old Scratch used Doom Mojo on the second turn (after I used the 100% Mojo boost first turn), almost my whole team died. This is not right, Old Scratch should have selected 50% Mojo Boost second turn, not Doom Mojo. I don't think I can use Auto Companions anymore until this is fixed. 100% Mojo Boost, 50% Mojo Boost, Jobu's Kiss, and Purge Magic should all be selected before Doom Mojo.

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
It's Doom Mojo that needs a fix, not Automated Companions. Yes, turn it off, you don't need it, you're an experienced player with good strategy. This function was implemented to help new players.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Here is what Old Scratch's power priority should be for auto companions.

1. 100% Mojo Boost (use first turn)
2. 50% Mojo Boost
3. Jobu's Kiss
4. Summon Skeleton
5. Purge Magic
6. Doom Mojo
7. 25% Mojo Boost

Having Doom Mojo in the second spot is ridiculous and if it stays like that a lot of teams will lose on their second turn.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have to both agree and disagree with anecorbie here. If you're an experienced player, you should not need to use Automated Companions when working with another player on a team. You can turn it off during battle, so if someone joins, do so. Other pirates are quick to ask for Fast Combat turned on, so turning off Auto Companions is another "social convention" when mingling with other pirates.

However, being an experienced player who leaves her computer from time to time to get a drink, move the laundry to the dryer and myriad other reasons, I tend to have Auto Companions on in general just in case I miss a turn or so, so I can understand why you might have it turned on.

That being said - ranking powers for automation is a great thought, and I agree that Doom Mojo! needs to be a last option, just like ranged units should not have "run forward" as their first.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah. I have to side with the fix the companion decision-making crowd.

1. If it isn't Mojo Doom......it will be some other future power/talent that is being misused by a companion.

2. Companions should be making smart decisions, not simply just doing "something". After all, it is intended as feature and not a screen saver. Players should feel the way that Willowydream described, that they can take a break for a quick second and be okay......not feel like they need to turn the option off because the companion's first intention is to activate every relentless and burst fire enemy on the board.

Maybe the simple fix for this instance is that Scratch never auto casts Mojo Doom given the uniqueness of this spell in that it does damage you and your team.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Sep 27, 2018 wrote:
I have to both agree and disagree with anecorbie here. If you're an experienced player, you should not need to use Automated Companions when working with another player on a team. You can turn it off during battle, so if someone joins, do so. Other pirates are quick to ask for Fast Combat turned on, so turning off Auto Companions is another "social convention" when mingling with other pirates.

However, being an experienced player who leaves her computer from time to time to get a drink, move the laundry to the dryer and myriad other reasons, I tend to have Auto Companions on in general just in case I miss a turn or so, so I can understand why you might have it turned on.

That being said - ranking powers for automation is a great thought, and I agree that Doom Mojo! needs to be a last option, just like ranged units should not have "run forward" as their first.
I've found that when I need to take a quick break, that my own & companion's talents take care of the battle very well
However, for lesser leveled and trained companions then auto is helpful.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 28, 2018 wrote:
I've found that when I need to take a quick break, that my own & companion's talents take care of the battle very well
However, for lesser leveled and trained companions then auto is helpful.
What about for harder enemies in dungeons? If Auto Companions would work properly for all companions having the extra powers would come in quite useful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
What about for harder enemies in dungeons? If Auto Companions would work properly for all companions having the extra powers would come in quite useful.
One of the worst things a player in a team up can do is "abandon" the team by going afk and depending on auto to take up the slack - this has happened to me during the Nightmare Scratch dungeon, I don't need to rell that this was a disaster.