Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nightmare Scratch still drops low level gear

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yep, I just received level 25 gear from Nightmare Old Scratch about a half hour ago. Lt. Paul's Memoirs, Black Hawk Scales & Bulwark Circlet, so what's up with that, Bat?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This update went Live way too fast -- Decius said he was going to adjust the drops, but I don't think his adjustments were made.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Sep 13, 2018 wrote:
This update went Live way too fast -- Decius said he was going to adjust the drops, but I don't think his adjustments were made.

Yeah. The update was on Test in no less than 2 weeks. Too preemptive, in my perspective. What's up with that? Could've given another week or so before this went Live.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have promoted five of my main account's pirates I've received at most five items as drops; of those five, three were level 25 items. On one of these I only got three drops and all were level 25 items.
This is severely disappointing and doesn't really encourage me to try to farm.
This up-date has been slapped together and rushed into live.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
However, Nightmare Scratch is dropping scrip!

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
The BOSS' chest no longer drops the level 25+ items, but the minions still do

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Steven Owlhunter on Sep 15, 2018 wrote:
The BOSS' chest no longer drops the level 25+ items, but the minions still do
That's what it is! Like Captain Swing's minions!

Still - Level 25 from the highest level dungeon around? Can you blame anyone for being disappointed?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Even more disappointed this morning -- I went and fought Old Scratch for the promotion on my witchdoctor, and the drops were LITERALLY JUST LOW LEVEL PET SNACKS?

I know they have a separate drop table from gear drops, but it is serious deflating when an entire high level dungeon results in a few rank 2-4 snacks. Could we at least have a chance at the occasional MEGA snack? At level 70?

Please, Decius!

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I haven't received any more level 25 gear, but I did receive level 55 gear. So I believe they upped the gear to around level 55 for the Nightmare bosses.

However, I have noticed that a lot less "things" drop now. Only one or two gear items, some scrip, and the remaining chests seem to be gold averaging about 2000 gold per chest.

For me, this is a major improvement (getting rid of the odd level 25 drops), but it still doesn't provide a desire to farm the bosses, since my gear is already better than what they have to offer. Really looking for unique gear that I can stitch....that is my problem.