Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Apology Is In Order

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Maybe the title is a bit misleading but I am really disappointed in Kingsisle posting a social media message that Secrets Of The Spiral will be beginning to stream on Twitch. While I welcome another Pirate 101 Twitch streamer, and find it very sad Kingsisle has neglected to mention people who have already been streaming Pirate 101 that are family friendly such as myself (rrrrzzzz on Twitch) and Frog_Man3030 on Twitch. I hope Leah (Falmea) and Matthew (Bat Masterson) will make this right during Kingsisle Live because there is no way you can argue it is fair to not mention a family friendly Twitch affiliate who already streams Pirate 101 every single week and mention a new streamer who has not even started.

Please Bat and Leah make this right. Bat you said Kingsisle supports all streamers who are family friendly, I ask you in the nicest way possible, please acknowledge your social media message was not fair and please make this right: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/kingsisle-should-support-family-friendly-streamers-8ad6a4246518981301653c0f0cca1926

Thank you for your time!

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Administrator
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:
Maybe the title is a bit misleading but I am really disappointed in Kingsisle posting a social media message that Secrets Of The Spiral will be beginning to stream on Twitch. While I welcome another Pirate 101 Twitch streamer, and find it very sad Kingsisle has neglected to mention people who have already been streaming Pirate 101 that are family friendly such as myself (rrrrzzzz on Twitch) and Frog_Man3030 on Twitch. I hope Leah (Falmea) and Matthew (Bat Masterson) will make this right during Kingsisle Live because there is no way you can argue it is fair to not mention a family friendly Twitch affiliate who already streams Pirate 101 every single week and mention a new streamer who has not even started.

Please Bat and Leah make this right. Bat you said Kingsisle supports all streamers who are family friendly, I ask you in the nicest way possible, please acknowledge your social media message was not fair and please make this right: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/kingsisle-should-support-family-friendly-streamers-8ad6a4246518981301653c0f0cca1926

Thank you for your time!

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Hi! We definitely do support all possible streamers, but we have to know about them first of course. Usually what happens when you see someone being retweeted is that we simply saw them streaming and their tweet.

If you have a tweet up for a family-friendly stream you wish us to share, we will be more than happy to review it and see if we can share it out. We support all our Pirates.

Thanks for streaming!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Bat Masterson on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
Hi! We definitely do support all possible streamers, but we have to know about them first of course. Usually what happens when you see someone being retweeted is that we simply saw them streaming and their tweet.

If you have a tweet up for a family-friendly stream you wish us to share, we will be more than happy to review it and see if we can share it out. We support all our Pirates.

Thanks for streaming!
From now own I will be encouraging my followers who regularly use Twitter, to tweet @Pirate101. Thanks for the reply, I know Kingsisle is busy with test realm so I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:

Thank you for your time!

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Dino...

It isn't all about you.

I understand you are spending a lot of time and energy into your Twitch stream, and that's awesome, and actually much-needed. But understand how much more time and energy these other people have spent into actually doing this, and also they have been around much longer than you. You literally started only months ago.

For you to demand of KingsIsle to pay attention to your stream is not right. You said Secrets of the Spiral hasn't even started. I'm not trying, in any way, to be argumentative, but although they haven't started on Twitch yet (and that's why it's exciting for viewers), they have been around for a long time. They have their own paying domain (not a blog from another provider, but a real, paying domain; meaning they spend money into it, also) and have lots of blog posts.

Please don't take any offense from this post, and I don't mean any bad intent, but that must be understood.

Thank you.

Administrator
We want to share all active and supportive streamers! Again, it's a matter of us just seeing the opportunity to share it out, and most definitely not a bias or favoritism issue.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
Dino...

It isn't all about you.

I understand you are spending a lot of time and energy into your Twitch stream, and that's awesome, and actually much-needed. But understand how much more time and energy these other people have spent into actually doing this, and also they have been around much longer than you. You literally started only months ago.

For you to demand of KingsIsle to pay attention to your stream is not right. You said Secrets of the Spiral hasn't even started. I'm not trying, in any way, to be argumentative, but although they haven't started on Twitch yet (and that's why it's exciting for viewers), they have been around for a long time. They have their own paying domain (not a blog from another provider, but a real, paying domain; meaning they spend money into it, also) and have lots of blog posts.

Please don't take any offense from this post, and I don't mean any bad intent, but that must be understood.

Thank you.
I want to respond to both you and Bat Masterson.

In response to you -

The "Around The Spiral" fansite has been around much longer than my streams. But article sites and streams are different though they are both a way to find out news regarding the game. For an article site you typically go on there and read an article for 10 minutes (which will give you information on what you were looking for) and then leave, whereas when you watch a stream it may have 2 hours of your attention because streams are more about showing off the game itself. My streams do have an announcement segment though where I talk about news. Back to my first point, while the fansite has been around longer than my streams the weekly streams from them are new and my streams have been around months longer. Now that doesn't mean mine are any better, but it does mean I have been putting in the hard work for the category longer.

In response to Bat -

Thank you for explaining that. I am trusting and hoping what you said is true. I agree with you regarding you yourself and biases / favoritism because you are probably too new at Kingsisle to form a bias (which is a good thing in this case). That doesn't mean other people at Kingsisle couldn't have biases but hopefully with you as our CM you have the opportunity to influence Kingsisle's team to try out new ideas for their games and promotion of their games.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 10, 2018 wrote:

In response to you -

The "Around The Spiral" fansite has been around much longer than my streams. But article sites and streams are different though they are both a way to find out news regarding the game. For an article site you typically go on there and read an article for 10 minutes (which will give you information on what you were looking for) and then leave, whereas when you watch a stream it may have 2 hours of your attention because streams are more about showing off the game itself. My streams do have an announcement segment though where I talk about news. Back to my first point, while the fansite has been around longer than my streams the weekly streams from them are new and my streams have been around months longer. Now that doesn't mean mine are any better, but it does mean I have been putting in the hard work for the category longer.

In response to Bat -

Thank you for explaining that. I am trusting and hoping what you said is true. I agree with you regarding you yourself and biases / favoritism because you are probably too new at Kingsisle to form a bias (which is a good thing in this case). That doesn't mean other people at Kingsisle couldn't have biases but hopefully with you as our CM you have the opportunity to influence Kingsisle's team to try out new ideas for their games and promotion of their games.
Two hours watching a live stream? Who has time for that? That's the problem with live streaming - no way of editing out the boring bits. I don't even watch You-Tube videos that go over an hour.
So, I want to know, are you going to post a complaint every time KI mentions a streamer or video provider and doesn't mention you?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 10, 2018 wrote:

In response to you -

In response to Bat -

I wanted to give everyone an update on this.

For the past couple of weeks I have been doing an experiment to see what happened.

During my experiment I asked my followers to Tweet at Pirate 101 because Bat Masterson said "Hi! We definitely do support all possible streamers, but we have to know about them first of course. Usually what happens when you see someone being retweeted is that we simply saw them streaming and their tweet." 1 of them agreed. https://twitter.com/Zero_Akashi/status/1030601574811348993 (you can edit this link out if you want to, or you can leave it in the post). Their tweet did not get retweeted. The other streamer has got retweets 5 times now. I decided to ask my followers to Tweet at Pirate 101 again, they didn't want to as the first time did no good. I can't blame them! Also during this past month Renee Woofton gave a Wizard 101 streamer a direct shout out during Kingsisle Live. I don't believe Bat Masterson has any bias, but I do think some of the other employees may. And I get it, people form biases but everyone putting in hard work for Kingsisle games that has achieved affiliate or partner on Twitch deserves to be mentioned. This week I was pleased to see Bat Masterson allowing a link to my streams on the forums, that confirms Bat Masterson is not biased! Good to know! What I hope is even if certain Kingsisle employees play favorites that everyone putting in hard work gets a mention in the newsletter about to come out! I can think of at least 8 people that should.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!