Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

That Was Yesterday quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2014
I understand that people said the drop rate for the key was improved in an update, but I strongly disagree with you. I've spent countless hours on not only my Privateer but 4 other pirates, my Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, and Musketeer, just to get this key. I finally got it after a few hours on each pirate, which all completed the quest between 2017 and this year. I also understand that people said to go to the mouth of the cave to improve the drop rate of the key or to get max pirates to come help you, but I also strongly disagree with you. Changing the location of the battles never helped any of my pirates and is currently not helping my Privateer. Also, there are unfortunately no helpful pirates in Skull Island, as they think "dating" and actually trying to flirt with others seem to be the best way to spend time, somehow. No matter how many times I ask, one of those pirates will tell me to be quiet or to shut up and go somewhere else.

I'd like actual proof, if possible, that the drop rate of the key was improved because I'm really not seeing how it was if it's still taking me hours to get ONE key for a tower that isn't as hard as the battles on the grounds below it. I'd also like real tips about any way to improve it on my own, since changing the location has not worked for 4 other pirates and asking for help basically ends with a "get lost" every time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Powerbombs on Jul 18, 2018 wrote:
I understand that people said the drop rate for the key was improved in an update, but I strongly disagree with you. I've spent countless hours on not only my Privateer but 4 other pirates, my Buccaneer, Witchdoctor, Swashbuckler, and Musketeer, just to get this key. I finally got it after a few hours on each pirate, which all completed the quest between 2017 and this year. I also understand that people said to go to the mouth of the cave to improve the drop rate of the key or to get max pirates to come help you, but I also strongly disagree with you. Changing the location of the battles never helped any of my pirates and is currently not helping my Privateer. Also, there are unfortunately no helpful pirates in Skull Island, as they think "dating" and actually trying to flirt with others seem to be the best way to spend time, somehow. No matter how many times I ask, one of those pirates will tell me to be quiet or to shut up and go somewhere else.

I'd like actual proof, if possible, that the drop rate of the key was improved because I'm really not seeing how it was if it's still taking me hours to get ONE key for a tower that isn't as hard as the battles on the grounds below it. I'd also like real tips about any way to improve it on my own, since changing the location has not worked for 4 other pirates and asking for help basically ends with a "get lost" every time.
If players are commenting on there being a slight improvement in the drop rates for that quest, it's from observation and comparison between their pirates ( just as you are commenting by observation ). I have no "proof" for an improved drop rate and can only say that fighting near the cave mouth or across from the tower seems to get you the key much faster than farming the head of the street, but this is entirely by observation and comparison as I said before.
I usually get the key by the 4th or 5th battle, I'm sorry that you seem to be having extra problems from this quest Otherwise there are no "tricks" to enhance what is a random drop rate.
I suggest that if you have friends on-line that you could ask them to join you, or try playing on a busy or crowded server, you may encounter another pirate with the same quest and you can join forces ( and maybe make a new friend )
Good Luck!