Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Discussion: Should Minotaur Glitch be Available?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! Today, I am going to talk about a glitch in Pirate101 that I think should be made a permanent feature that can be made available in the settings. I will discuss the pros and cons of this, and then I would like to continue a discussion in the comments on whether an addition such as this would help or hurt the game. So, allow me to begin.

What is minotaur glitch?

Minotaur glitch is a glitch where if a player uses an aquilan doubloon and it spawns a minotaur, when the minotaur attacks, as long as all players in the fight have fast combat enabled, the combat will begin to go even faster.

When is it used?
Most of the time, players use it in Kane and Moo Manchu to make the final battles go faster.

How would it be implemented?

In the games settings, there would be a combat speed setting that could be set to normal (base speed), fast (fast combat), or super fast (minotaur speed).

The pros to this being added.

Super fast combat means grinding takes less time, and puts more of an emphasis on the decision making part of a fight rather than the turn itself. This allows the player to have more time strategizing, and less time sitting back.

The cons to this being added.

Super fast combat can make older computers lag, and having it enabled for some might detract from their gameplay experience, as some people like to watch it play out.

How can the cons be avoided?

I would propose 2 things.

1) If someone in the battle is using super fast combat, the group would have to either opt in, or opt out of super fast combat being active. If the group did not unanimously decide that they would be ok with super fast combat being enabled, it would not be used in the encounter.

2) Super fast combat would only be available for the longer dungeons in Pirate101 (i.e. Kane, Moo Manchu, Smuggler's, Regatta, Miranda, etc)

So what are your thoughts? Is this good, but too hard to integrate? Does it need some work? Should it not be added at all? Please, feel free to criticize my suggestion below, as the best part of these message boards in the discussion that it entails.

Also 250th post hype!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Alex the Pirate on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
Hello! Today, I am going to talk about a glitch in Pirate101 that I think should be made a permanent feature that can be made available in the settings. I will discuss the pros and cons of this, and then I would like to continue a discussion in the comments on whether an addition such as this would help or hurt the game. So, allow me to begin.

What is minotaur glitch?

Minotaur glitch is a glitch where if a player uses an aquilan doubloon and it spawns a minotaur, when the minotaur attacks, as long as all players in the fight have fast combat enabled, the combat will begin to go even faster.

When is it used?
Most of the time, players use it in Kane and Moo Manchu to make the final battles go faster.

In the games settings, there would be a combat speed setting that could be set to normal (base speed), fast (fast combat), or super fast (minotaur speed).

Super fast combat means grinding takes less time, and puts more of an emphasis on the decision making part of a fight rather than the turn itself. This allows the player to have more time strategizing, and less time sitting back.

Super fast combat can make older computers lag, and having it enabled for some might detract from their gameplay experience, as some people like to watch it play out.

1) If someone in the battle is using super fast combat, the group would have to either opt in, or opt out of super fast combat being active. If the group did not unanimously decide that they would be ok with super fast combat being enabled, it would not be used in the encounter.

2) Super fast combat would only be available for the longer dungeons in Pirate101 (i.e. Kane, Moo Manchu, Smuggler's, Regatta, Miranda, etc)

So what are your thoughts? Is this good, but too hard to integrate? Does it need some work? Should it not be added at all? Please, feel free to criticize my suggestion below, as the best part of these message boards in the discussion that it entails.

Also 250th post hype!
As long as it can be turned on and off and all members of the team have to have it own for it to happen I am all for it, however the name "super fast" seems too generic, I think "lightning" sounds like a way better way to describe it.

Also, I think "lightning" combat should be available for all fights, except for maybe PVP.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:

What is minotaur glitch?

When is it used?

Also 250th post hype!
Congratulations on your 250+ posts!
Now, as to your question whether the Minotaur glitch should be allowed to be permanent: I say no.
Because when you get more than 2 Minotaurs on the battle board it becomes very bad, if there's dialogue after the battle, there's a chance of losing chests; I have had this happen on more than one occasion in the Great Machine, gathering chests were skipped and it went the concluding dialogue.
It is a glitch that is very annoying and must be fixed. Fast combat is fast enough without being "sonic" fast.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Speed, speed, speed -- I really dislike being hurried through, but I turn on Fast Combat in the Tower or the Machine as a concession to the others on the team. I suppose for those who feel that need for speed, it's okay, but I wouldn't like it to become the new norm. I'm afraid that's what would happen if such an option was available.

I don't play the game to get to the end. For me, it's all about the journey.

[insert ship icon]

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Oh, absolutely not! We don't need to get to the end of the game faster; many of us are already kicking our heels waiting for something new to do. Fast combat is plenty fast enough if you find the battles too long. Just remember, at least you can speed up your battles, unlike Wizard's duels, which show every animation for every wizard getting attacked with a multi-target spell.

I really don't get this rush to the end. Isn't the point of the game to enjoy the journey?

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I just LOVE that glitch! Keep it please, oh please!

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
As long as it can be turned on and off and all members of the team have to have it own for it to happen I am all for it, however the name "super fast" seems too generic, I think "lightning" sounds like a way better way to describe it.

Also, I think "lightning" combat should be available for all fights, except for maybe PVP.
Oh yeah! Totally!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
death master101 on Jul 22, 2018 wrote:
I just LOVE that glitch! Keep it please, oh please!
Well... I never knew of this "Minotaur Glitch", but it sounds pretty bad.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 24, 2018 wrote:
Well... I never knew of this "Minotaur Glitch", but it sounds pretty bad.
Take that back!