Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Extra, extra, read all about it!

AuthorMessage
Hello Pirate friends! The sun is shining, the wind is at our backs, and it's a wonderful Friday for another topic.

It's the first week of the month, and that means it's newsletter time! In these newsletters, we’ve had a feature called the Rogue's Gallery - highlighting a notable companion each month. If you could pick a companion in the game to know more about, who would it be? Do you have a particular companion that follows you with a mysterious past you'd like to uncover? Let us know!

By the way, this is the full list of Rogue's Gallery profiles:
  • Captain Avery
  • The Frogfather
  • Boochbeard and Gandry
  • Catbeard
  • Madame Vadima
  • Morgan Lafitte
  • Bonnie Anne
  • Sarah Steele
  • Mordekai
  • Ol’ Fish Eye
  • The Commodore
  • Old Scratch
  • Gracie Conrad
  • Blind Mew
  • Ratbeard
  • Shiruku Neko
  • Gortez
  • Mustang Sally
  • Fin Dorsal
  • Chantal Livingstone
  • Mormo
  • Calamity Jane
  • One-Eyed Jack
  • The Marchioness
  • Peter Quint
  • Carcarius Grimtooth
  • Bishop
  • Rooke
  • Phule
  • Fan Flanders
  • Deacon
  • Monkey King
  • Samocles
  • Count Brastillo De Brass
  • Hawkules
  • Captain Steed
  • Gaspard De Vole
  • Milo Greytail
  • Lucky Jack Russell
  • Dead Mike
  • Birgus Latro
  • Contessa Argento
  • Barnabus
  • Ensign Emmett
  • Louis LeBisque
  • Kobe
  • Subodai
  • Kan Po
  • Wing Chun
  • Egg Shen
  • El Toro (Masked Champion)
  • Zeena
  • Rooster Cogburn (Chicken Lawman)
  • Wild Bill Peacock (Peacock Hero)
  • Buffalo Bill (Bison Marshal)
  • Billy the Kid (Billygoat Gunslinger)
  • Bat Masterson
  • Duck Holliday
  • Tyson (Chicken Boxer)
  • Nausica (Centaur Princess)
  • Hoodoo Cornelius (Monkey Bokor)
  • Handsome Dan (Bulldog Captain)
  • Iago (Unicorn Rogue)
Happy sailing, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on May 4, 2018 wrote:
Hello Pirate friends! The sun is shining, the wind is at our backs, and it's a wonderful Friday for another topic.

It's the first week of the month, and that means it's newsletter time! In these newsletters, we’ve had a feature called the Rogue's Gallery - highlighting a notable companion each month. If you could pick a companion in the game to know more about, who would it be? Do you have a particular companion that follows you with a mysterious past you'd like to uncover? Let us know!

• Captain Avery
  • The Frogfather
  • Boochbeard and Gandry
  • Catbeard
  • Madame Vadima
  • Morgan Lafitte
  • Bonnie Anne
  • Sarah Steele
  • Mordekai
  • Ol’ Fish Eye
  • The Commodore
  • Old Scratch
  • Gracie Conrad
  • Blind Mew
  • Ratbeard
  • Shiruku Neko
  • Gortez
  • Mustang Sally
  • Fin Dorsal
  • Chantal Livingstone
  • Mormo
  • Calamity Jane
  • One-Eyed Jack
  • The Marchioness
  • Peter Quint
  • Carcarius Grimtooth
  • Bishop
  • Rooke
  • Phule
  • Fan Flanders
  • Deacon
  • Monkey King
  • Samocles
  • Hawkules
  • Captain Steed
  • Gaspard De Vole
  • Milo Greytail
  • Lucky Jack Russell
  • Dead Mike
  • Birgus Latro
  • Contessa Argento
  • Barnabus
  • Ensign Emmett
  • Louis LeBisque
  • Kobe
  • Subodai
  • Kan Po
  • Wing Chun
  • Egg Shen
  • Zeena
  • Bat Masterson
  • Duck Holliday
  • Tyson (Chicken Boxer)
  • Iago (Unicorn Rogue)
Happy sailing, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
How about Lieutenant Springer? The thought just popped into my mind. I don't really know too much about him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How about a Gallery featuring our mother, Pirate Jenny? Or if that may cause spoilers, I would love to see Bob Carrington & Captain Hande in a Gallery.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on May 4, 2018 wrote:

• Captain Avery
  • The Frogfather
  • Boochbeard and Gandry
  • Catbeard
  • Madame Vadima
  • Morgan Lafitte
  • Bonnie Anne
  • Sarah Steele
  • Mordekai
  • Ol’ Fish Eye
  • The Commodore
  • Old Scratch
  • Gracie Conrad
  • Blind Mew
  • Ratbeard
  • Shiruku Neko
  • Gortez
  • Mustang Sally
  • Fin Dorsal
  • Chantal Livingstone
  • Mormo
  • Calamity Jane
  • One-Eyed Jack
  • The Marchioness
  • Peter Quint
  • Carcarius Grimtooth
  • Bishop
  • Rooke
  • Phule
  • Fan Flanders
  • Deacon
  • Monkey King
  • Samocles
  • Hawkules
  • Captain Steed
  • Gaspard De Vole
  • Milo Greytail
  • Lucky Jack Russell
  • Dead Mike
  • Birgus Latro
  • Contessa Argento
  • Barnabus
  • Ensign Emmett
  • Louis LeBisque
  • Kobe
  • Subodai
  • Kan Po
  • Wing Chun
  • Egg Shen
  • Zeena
  • Bat Masterson
  • Duck Holliday
  • Tyson (Chicken Boxer)
  • Iago (Unicorn Rogue)
Happy sailing, everyone!

And you did Tyson because I requested that Tyson follow the Magnificent 7. Thanks Kingsisle!

As for characters you haven't done,

First of all I would like to see Rogue's Galleries for the Christmas companions.

Secondly, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for El Tiburon.

Third of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Argos.

Forth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Nurse Quinn.

Fifth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Nanu Nanu.

Sixth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah.

Seventh of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Black Angus.

Eighth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Decius Duelmaster.

Ninth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Doctor Noh.

Tenth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Lost Ranger.

Eleventh of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Ridolfo Capoferro.

Twelfth of all, I would like to see a Rogue's Gallery for Gazpaccio.

I may add more to this list later.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Just so you know, space12350 and anecorbie, the listed options aren't technically Companions. However, they're great choices!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Just so you know, space12350 and anecorbie, the listed options aren't technically Companions. However, they're great choices!
Rogues Gallery has covered many NPCs, among them the trainers, Captain Avery & Blind Mew. I don't see why we can't learn more about our favorite NPCs just because they aren't companions.

Ensign
Apr 05, 2018
Froggo Villa would be pretty cool

Scurvy Brandon Nelson, Level 11
Scurvy Brandon Nelson, Level 5

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
Colonel Sanders or Monterrey Jack, Froggo Villa, or Lefty.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm kind of curious about the Crown Shop "equivalent" companions to our origin story ones -- Lucy Sterling, et al are very popular -- does Lucy have a similar story to Sarah's? Was Uga Buga following in Mormo's footsteps? Sergeant Shepherd is the only one we really meet in the game.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Rogues Gallery has covered many NPCs, among them the trainers, Captain Avery & Blind Mew. I don't see why we can't learn more about our favorite NPCs just because they aren't companions.
I know that, but Falmea specified Companions. I love the idea of NPCs being in Rogue's Gallery, especially because most Companions are already covered, so I agree, but I thought Falmea actually said Companions. My apologies if she didn't!

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
Fan! She's my favorite companion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Gollume on May 7, 2018 wrote:
Fan Flanders already has a Rogues Gallery.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hmm... Fan is certainly my favorite Companion also (aside from Sarah Steele, of course ), but I thought I recalled seeing her in Falmea's list of Companions they had already done?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
They have already done a Rogue's Gallery for Fan Flanders. :)

Helpful Aurora Par... on May 7, 2018 wrote:
I know that, but Falmea specified Companions. I love the idea of NPCs being in Rogue's Gallery, especially because most Companions are already covered, so I agree, but I thought Falmea actually said Companions. My apologies if she didn't!
I did, actually, but I don't see any reason we shouldn't open it up a bit wider. Let's expand this to ANYONE in the Pirate101 Spiral! Who would you like to know more about?

My take: Death. What's his deal anyway? How many other people get the best of him on a daily basis when he's simply trying to do his job?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Professor Falmea on May 11, 2018 wrote:
I did, actually, but I don't see any reason we shouldn't open it up a bit wider. Let's expand this to ANYONE in the Pirate101 Spiral! Who would you like to know more about?

My take: Death. What's his deal anyway? How many other people get the best of him on a daily basis when he's simply trying to do his job?
A long time ago, Blind Mew kind of hinted at the inspiration for Death's character. I'd really love to hear what movie that was.

The most obvious character who never actually appears in the Spiral is Wyatt Chirp!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

Zeke: he travels, he gives us nice rewards, he is a friend of wizards even, and cooks a mean pot of chili, but what is his history?

Back when Froggo Villa's voice was a bit higher pitched, before KI changed the voice of this companion, there weren't as many female companions. I had a theory that Froggo was a girl mander in disguise, who ran away and became a bandit, which would have made a great crew quest with a big reveal and new promotion appearance. Maybe this was not to be, but I'd like to know more about this member of our crew. And where are all the girl manders anyway? There must be some, somewhere.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Then I would have to say Skinny Pete! Why does he know so much about the old pirate tales?

If not him, then maybe Mickey Dugan. Yeah, he's the Town Crier, but everyone has at least some backstory!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Then what I want to know is this: who is Death's "shrink"? Are there psychologists in the Spiral?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lately, KI has been covering bundle companions ( BTW, you forgot the cutthroat shark from the cutthroat bundle .)
Well, how about the PACK companions? What's their backstories? ( all 15 of them, ok? )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Lately, KI has been covering bundle companions ( BTW, you forgot the cutthroat shark from the cutthroat bundle .)
Well, how about the PACK companions? What's their backstories? ( all 15 of them, ok? )
I love that idea!