Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Could An All Location Chat Box Be Added To P101?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
At least twice during a day I typically see a pirate in Avery's Court asking for help. Yes, they do sometimes use the team up ledger, but that isn't going to help them if they need to defeat 10 ships. I got to thinking, what is the reason they ask in Avery's Court, and the answer is that Avery's Court typically has the most pirates in it. But what if instead of asking if Avery's Court, they could use an all location chat box to ask for help. Pirate 101 already has Skyway chat visible all over the Skyway so I think it would be pretty easy for Kingsisle to add an all location chat box. Kingsisle could also make it so you can open and close this box at will, in the event someone was using it to say bad language, threats, or something like that, and if someone did use it for those kinds of things, all members would be in the position to report them easily.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't know how useful such a chat would be...

Sometimes, when I have a little time and no plans for what to do with it, I'll sail to Port Regal Skyway or Mooshu and hail the skyway asking if people need help with sinking ships. Do you know how hard it is sometimes to find someone in the skyway? Reading other pirates' conversations in between trying to find a particular ship can be quite confusing.

I'm not sure that this would be better than going to Skull Island and finding a helper.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Willowydream on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:

Sometimes, when I have a little time and no plans for what to do with it, I'll sail to Port Regal Skyway or Mooshu and hail the skyway asking if people need help with sinking ships. Do you know how hard it is sometimes to find someone in the skyway? Reading other pirates' conversations in between trying to find a particular ship can be quite confusing.

I'm not sure that this would be better than going to Skull Island and finding a helper.

Well there are other times an all location chat box might be nice to have. If you were waiting for Dreadnaught and it finally spawned but no other ships were in that realm you could immediately get the message out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 6, 2018 wrote:

I turn off skyway chat because I hate having my screen cluttered with conversation, this "area chat" would just make it worse, no thanks.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I can see how it could be handy in a waiting for the dreadnaught situationand looking for help or too help in quiet skyways, but I'd hate to be hearing Avery's Court trolls from anywhere in the spiral. On the other hand, the trolls might get reported a lot more. Screen clutter could be a bit much too. I can see good and bad sides to it. Worthy of discussion. Might be solved socially, by people looking for help and those offering it in a world going to the main docks in each world they are in, if you don't want to visit Avery's Court, just bottle your ship so you aren't bumped out of the busy realm.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
It's not a terrible idea, but i can a few flaws in this suggestion. I don't really know about this, but i don't think it's really needed.