Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

11th Hybrid Pet Idea, Strawberry Poison Dart Frog

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
It's been a long time since I posted a hybrid pet idea but tonight I noticed something interesting, this page: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/pets/morphing shows a screenshot of someone morphing a Mini-Minotaur and a Tropical Sky Snake and getting a blue and red mysterious frog type egg, something tells me this isn't a combo right now but the combo listed on that page should be added. Now what would it give you, based on the egg I decided this combo should make a Strawberry Poison Dart Frog, this frog is a blue and red frog that exists in real life in the rain forest, the blue and red mysterious egg shown on the morphing page matches its colors so it would be logical for that egg to be its egg. Also, there is already a frog in game so all this would be a is reskin.

Please make this along with some of my other hybrid ideas happen Decius, the master list of the others can be found here: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/circus-maximus/10th-idea-for-new-hybrid-pet-reddrum-8ad6a42b5f529a50015f7644ecbc7b40?page=1

If you don't know what a Strawberry Poison Dart Frog is search it on Bing or Google, you will find all the information you need.

Your fan, RRRRZZZZ419

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds like a good idea for a pet. I like the possibilities it could present for new hybrids too, like mixing with a marshadillow to get a strawberry marshadillow, or with the candy cane dragon for a strawberry candy cane dragon. It could also have possibilities for making other Poisonous pets.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
That particular egg is actually a placeholder egg when the game doesn't load a egg properly. Brave Hunter Young and I got that particular egg once, but turns out that the actual egg of the pet didn't load for some reason.

The same happens when sometimes an egg ends up blue instead of the standard color. The blue is the default color when the actual colors don't end up showing. It happened to me most recently with the Aquacorn, thinking that I got the hybrid and instead I got the regular Bunnicorn due to the egg's colors not loading.

While there's a possibility that these two could end up making a hybrid, KI would most likely have to use a different design of the egg. The egg is already used as a placeholder and there's a chance (very small, but still a chance) where players could get the placeholder egg when they're trying for the hybrid, only to be disappointed.

There's a reason why that egg was shown in that picture and it's not because it is making a hybrid. It is using a placeholder so that people wouldn't know which egg they're getting, kinda like keeping a "surprise" factor when a person first starts out and don't know anything about morphing.

The hybrid idea itself is good, but I don't think they would use that egg design because of what I mentioned above. Still, it would be cool if they made it.