Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dialogue for side quest companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Why do the companions you get from your class trainers (as a side quest) have dialogue in the party barge quests? I'm talking about Peter Quint, Fan Flanders, Chantal Livingstone etc. I thought that side quest companions don't get dialogue. Even if a LOT of people have them. I'm curious, enlighten me, please.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
Why do the companions you get from your class trainers (as a side quest) have dialogue in the party barge quests? I'm talking about Peter Quint, Fan Flanders, Chantal Livingstone etc. I thought that side quest companions don't get dialogue. Even if a LOT of people have them. I'm curious, enlighten me, please.
I believe it's because some players were asking for those companions to have some input in the game. Also, these companions are now some of the first companions ( besides the MooShu & Kraken Skulls ) recruited, as you can get them by level 4.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The majority of those 5 are so mainstream, you'd be stupid not to get them is the reasoning I believe.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
These crew were not in the game originally, but were added later. The party barge was added after those crew were, which gave KI the chance to let them say something, finally. Perhaps when other new quests are added, they will have more to say.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
DariusMusk on Jan 1, 2018 wrote:
Is it a problem? Why not let them speak?

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Willowydream on Jan 2, 2018 wrote:
Is it a problem? Why not let them speak?

Like said, mere curiosity.