Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add An Outcome Predictor To PVP?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I got to thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if Ki added an outcome predictor to PVP. This predictor would be displayed at one of the corners of the screen and state which team blue/red was favored to win at that given time. The predictor would not show up until the third round of the match. If the blue team was the projected winner the predictor could have blue letters, if the red team was favored to win it could have red letters.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
I got to thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if Ki added an outcome predictor to PVP. This predictor would be displayed at one of the corners of the screen and state which team blue/red was favored to win at that given time. The predictor would not show up until the third round of the match. If the blue team was the projected winner the predictor could have blue letters, if the red team was favored to win it could have red letters.
No, it would not be "interesting", it would be infuriating. So much of PVP is luck based and I've been in a few matches where my opponent was sure they were going to win, gave me a "GG" then were defeated at the last minute.
It could also cause a depression to the team if they saw that a mechanic was "predicting" their loss. It would not be fun and I say it would be as mean spirited and nasty as that notice we get "You have been defeated". when we lose a fight.

Ensign
Sep 03, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
No, it would not be "interesting", it would be infuriating. So much of PVP is luck based and I've been in a few matches where my opponent was sure they were going to win, gave me a "GG" then were defeated at the last minute.
It could also cause a depression to the team if they saw that a mechanic was "predicting" their loss. It would not be fun and I say it would be as mean spirited and nasty as that notice we get "You have been defeated". when we lose a fight.
I think it's an interesting consideration though, with some fine tuning it could be pretty unique to the game. The whole "depression to a team" ordeal can be flopped the other way too.. it's able to cause a team to want to prove everybody wrong, like the "You have been defeated" display, making people want to get better. Two sides to this coin, positives and negatives to everything.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 14, 2017 wrote:
It's funny because I was thinking the opposite. I have seen "GG then were defeated at the last minute" happen before but the outcome predictor would update every round so it would account for this. I thought the Outcome Predictor would help players decide wither they need to change strategy or keep the same strategy, I also thought it would account for last minute defeats and silence players would have said "GG" before getting defeated.