Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite and least favorite world?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
I saw this on the wizard101 forum and thought it was a good idea.+
Title is self explanetory.

My favorite world is cool ranch - I liked the storyline a lot, the music is great, and the distance problem got fixed with the stagecoach.

My least favrite world was mooshu- It felt like I always had to drag myself through mooshu whenever i did it. an overall boring world with music copied over from wiz and a dragged out storyline.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
cool ranch is my favorite, like the look of it and the old timey feel

cool ranch is my most hated, those bumblebee things were the bane of my existence for 2 months

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
sirkamron61 on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
I saw this on the wizard101 forum and thought it was a good idea.+
Title is self explanetory.

My favorite world is cool ranch - I liked the storyline a lot, the music is great, and the distance problem got fixed with the stagecoach.

My least favrite world was mooshu- It felt like I always had to drag myself through mooshu whenever i did it. an overall boring world with music copied over from wiz and a dragged out storyline.
Amazing post!

My favorite World is MooShu. I'm going to have to disagree that it has a boring storyline: It was epic, the music was fantastical, the storyline believable and the graphics beautiful.

Please don't take this the wrong way but Cool Ranch is probably my least favorite. It had such a long Quest-line and I could barely take it any longer. I'm starting to enjoy it a tad better on my Buccaneer for some reason, but it's still a really dragged-out World and could use some cutting out on the long Quest-line. The storyline would be equally great as MooShu, but the effect of how long it was was only making me want to go to the next World as fast as I could (which, I guess, is a good thing, or I wouldn't have Quested so much, LOL).

Anyway, please don't take this any wrong way; it is pure coincidence that our favorite and least favorite Worlds are the complete opposite.

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Hmm.

Well back when I was 7 I absolutely HATED Monquista. It was boring and it took forever to get through the skyway. And just looking at it made me thirsty, but thankfully we had (Seemingly) endless amounts of Pepsi Cherry, and even though I've always been chubby so people can assume I would be able to, but drinking a whole can in one sitting was an accomplishment back then, so I always had a can by my side. Oh hold on

-Cracks open a Pepsi-

If I talk about this long I have to get one. But as I was saying, I have bad and good memories of that world

My current least favorite world? Although I do really like it, Mooshu. As you mentioned, dragged out storyline. And a whole bunch of pointless dungeons. Not to mention, the enemies have the most annoying voices ever...

EDIT:
Favorite world is Valencia

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I like Marleybone a lot, the endless night, the British feel to it... love it.
Cool Ranch is one of my favourites too, great companions, music, enemies, locations, etc. Amazing.
I also am very fond of Mooshu. I have had many good experiences there.
Skull Island. I LOVE the simple pirate feel.

There's too many one's i like. How about one i don't like? Aquila. So far it has both been a tad boring and the bane of my existence. I'm sure it'll get better.. Hopefully.

Hardy Quinn
*Insert Signature Subtitle Here*

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In order of preference:

Marleybone
Monquista
Skull Island (esp. Port Regal)
Valencia
Mooshoo
Aquila

(Big Gap)

Cool Ranch. Although with the stage coach, Cool Ranch is much improved. Still my least favorite: doesn't have much of a pirate vibe to me.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:

cool ranch is my most hated, those bumblebee things were the bane of my existence for 2 months
Really? Something in PVE actually gave you trouble?
Least favorite: Cool Ranch, it had nothing to do with the pirate theme beyond Captain Blood and you had to wait til the last part to confront him. The only good thing about it was the companions.
Favorite: Valencia, Marleybone and Skull Island ( not necessarily in that order ).
@ Indigo Ring - Your world suggestion of the "Lost World of the Were-Butterfly Go-Go Dancers" is still mt favorite ( I really want to go there! ).

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
uto4011a

Nov 23, 2017

Favorite and least favorite world?

Your least favorite and favorite world are both cool ranch?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Favorite is hard. I love the look of Marleybone and Mooshu and quite enjoy Skull Island. The oddness of Aquila, although not very piratical for the most part, is fun.

Least favorite is easy. I cannot describe how much Cool Ranch still irritates me. It drags on for what feels like forever and has nothing to do with actual pirates. If I wanted to play Cowboy101 I would have gone looking for the Cowboy101 game, thank you very much. The companions are -- unattractive (with the exception of El Toro) and have horrible animations. And are not very fun to play with, even if I do still keep my crews on full random so I get stuck with them from time to time. The stagecoach has at least mitigated the interminable sailing back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for what feels like hours at a time, but it still drags on forever.

As much as I love doing the little Port Regal interlude, there is always that dark cloud of "you'll have to go back to Cool Ranch" hanging over my head and interfering with the light-hearted Gilbert & Sullivan vibe.

I didn't enjoy Cool Ranch much. Can you tell?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
Favorite is hard. I love the look of Marleybone and Mooshu and quite enjoy Skull Island. The oddness of Aquila, although not very piratical for the most part, is fun.

Least favorite is easy. I cannot describe how much Cool Ranch still irritates me. It drags on for what feels like forever and has nothing to do with actual pirates. If I wanted to play Cowboy101 I would have gone looking for the Cowboy101 game, thank you very much. The companions are -- unattractive (with the exception of El Toro) and have horrible animations. And are not very fun to play with, even if I do still keep my crews on full random so I get stuck with them from time to time. The stagecoach has at least mitigated the interminable sailing back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for what feels like hours at a time, but it still drags on forever.

As much as I love doing the little Port Regal interlude, there is always that dark cloud of "you'll have to go back to Cool Ranch" hanging over my head and interfering with the light-hearted Gilbert & Sullivan vibe.

Yes, I can tell, and I didn't enjoy it much either, LOL. I was just excited to just get away from that World and onto MooShu, LOL!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:

I can agree. I had fun the first time I went there cause it was new to me. But the second time...Ugh... Whenever I am done with Valencia I start playing some of the ROBLOX soundtrack. Going to cool ranch is ROBLOX: hospital nightmare music, Ending port regal is Wind Of Fjords And when I am going to Avery I start playing "Outrun the nightmare"

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I can tell, and I didn't enjoy it much either, LOL. I was just excited to just get away from that World and onto MooShu, LOL!
And I still have several pirates to slog through it. I think I should just pick one each month and push them through not-so-Cool Ranch and be DONE! Except that my 4th account only has two pirates on it so far....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 28, 2017 wrote:
And I still have several pirates to slog through it. I think I should just pick one each month and push them through not-so-Cool Ranch and be DONE! Except that my 4th account only has two pirates on it so far....
I have only 2 from my 3rd account to get through "not-so-Cool Ranch". I truly pity you....

Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
Faveorite world Skull island
Easy, not to long, simple to learn

Least faveorite Cool ranch
Long, Bumblebees (Nuff said), throws new stuff at your face.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Oooh its been a while but Im back :)

My favorite world....hm....either Valencia, Monquista, or Marleybone!

Least favorite....Cool Ranch. I hate Cool Ranch with a passion. Such a drag! (Especially in Port Regal when you have to defeat 20 ships!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
Oooh its been a while but Im back :)

My favorite world....hm....either Valencia, Monquista, or Marleybone!

Least favorite....Cool Ranch. I hate Cool Ranch with a passion. Such a drag! (Especially in Port Regal when you have to defeat 20 ships!)
Not so bad as Cool Ranch ship battles, like Whisper Wind's side quest - 12 Red Sash & 12 Wild Bunch ships!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Favorite world: Skull Island and Mooshu
Least Favorite: Valencia (part 2 gets hard to win fights, especially the Kane final battle!)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Me, I like all the worlds, especially Marleybone -- can't wait to explore Albion, someday? -- but if I have to choose a least favorite, it would be Valencia. I find that world to be sad, due to the way that it has been decimated by the Armada.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
as of so far,
my favourite world is valencia, and my least favourite is cool ranch.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2015
my ranking of the worlds are in this order from worst to best:
  • Monquista
  • Aquila
  • Valencia
  • Skull Island
  • Mooshu
  • Marleybone
  • Cool Ranch

I always find monquista SUPER boring, i appreciate it not being too long (i can finish it in 2-3 hours) but the skyway takes FOREVER to sail across and the storyline is just terrible, we're pirates! not politicians sorting out squabbles between monkeys!

Aquila is just plain hard and not really that much fun, my buckler has been there for about 6 months now due to not being bothered to actually quest in Aquila, the world is boring and the difficulty is too high, the rewards too little.

Valencia is ok, the first part is better than Aquila in terms of storyline but i still find it a bit drab, the second part definitely raised my opinion of it though.

Skull Island, not much to say, it's easy, has a real pirate feel to it and is just plain enjoyable.

Mooshu is a beautiful, foreign land filled with many interesting parts, however the world is boring and hard at times, i do find it a relaxing world.

Being from the UK myself, i love marleybone, i love the feeling that you're helping massively in a war and undoing what you've done wrong, the design is also really good.

Despite absolutely HATING cool ranch on my first playthrough, i've gotten fond of it and appreciate it for it's length and animation, it's a beautiful world filled with interesting and funny characters and i love how much longer it is, it gives me more time to enjoy the world and what it has to offer, such as great badges, my personal favourite being the twilight cowboy, which you get for completing all book 10 sides (there's only 10 sides to do as well so it's a pretty easy badge to get if you ask me)

-Quirky Destiny Templeton, lvl 70