Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Party Room, Excellent...

AuthorMessage
Hi Pirates! It's Feedback time, don't you agree? So, let's chat about something new...

This week, as one holiday passes and more are on the horizon, let's talk about togetherness. Specifically, celebrations! Do you own or have you visited a Party Room yet? What do you think? What one thing would you add to your party room (or a different party room) if you could?

Have a fiery Friday and fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I bought the Party Room on two of my pirates, each on separate accounts. I have never met anyone in there, but perhaps I was in the wrong realm. I tend not to play in Avery because I hate having my chat window fill up with chatter whenever I have to port back to Skull Island.

The decorations were fine, and the room seems to be a good size, but it's a pretty bog-standard room from Skull Island. I did find a group plunder chest, with Level 5 doubloons inside, and a couple of wooden chests appeared after I'd been there a few minutes -- but otherwise there isn't anything to interact with, so I'd suggest maybe letting us play with lamps or a music player -- some interactive musical instruments?

It might be nice to have a Yum Juicer, like Captain Gunn's so that we could refill health.

A message board where we could choose from a list of nice phrases like "Tiny Tim Was Here" or "Up With Avery!" or "I love my Royal Navy Skiff!" -- things like that for other pirates to see when they arrived. Newer ones could replace the older comments.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
Hi Pirates! It's Feedback time, don't you agree? So, let's chat about something new...

This week, as one holiday passes and more are on the horizon, let's talk about togetherness. Specifically, celebrations! Do you own or have you visited a Party Room yet? What do you think? What one thing would you add to your party room (or a different party room) if you could?

Have a fiery Friday and fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I bought the Party Room the minute I saw it! I liked the fact of having a housing addition that can be used for parties; but when I heard that this housing add-on was actually another area where all pirates using this Room can meet up, well that was the icing on the pumpkin pie!
Plus the little prizes offered in this room of gold, doubloons, gear or scrip is wonderful; also the fact that it has a moderate price in Crowns for something so much fun!
I'm looking forward to seeing the seasonal changes in decoration for this Room as well!

Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
I have a party room. I think it was pretty cool when it was decorated for Halloween. I also like that it will change depending on the holiday. I am looking forward to what it will look like come winter. If there was one thing I could add I would have a special chest there that you could visit once a day to get a prize. It doesn't have to be something big. Maybe a decoration for the holiday that you could put in your house or maybe even a chance at one of those special holiday pets. Of course this is just a thought.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
SqueakyPhantom01 on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
I have a party room. I think it was pretty cool when it was decorated for Halloween. I also like that it will change depending on the holiday. I am looking forward to what it will look like come winter. If there was one thing I could add I would have a special chest there that you could visit once a day to get a prize. It doesn't have to be something big. Maybe a decoration for the holiday that you could put in your house or maybe even a chance at one of those special holiday pets. Of course this is just a thought.
The idea of the shared space, was one of the things that got me to get my party room. I like that chests do show up there, but they are not always there right away. Sometimes you need to wait for them to return.

It would be nice to have a way to know which realms have pirates in the party room. I haven't found anyone in there yet, perhaps because they are new, rare, and not everyone reads the message boards. The first people who got them didn't know it was shared space, and needed One-eyed Jack to tell them so.

I would like if the seasonal wrapped gift boxes would also show up in there. With the rooms being so quiet, there does need to be some activity to do while waiting for people to show up. How about a ball that would roll around when players run into it? Could make our own games with other players, passing it around. It might also be interesting if there were a team up ledger in there. I'd like if the other door in there exited to somewhere, perhaps your current life fountain.

I think it would be funny if Boochbeard and Gandry made an appearance there, maybe they would drift in, and say something funny, or once a day speak to you and give you something. Maybe they would hang out in there, solving the mystery of what they are usually doing, PARTYING. What's a party without refreshments? How about a snack giving table? Or at least a festive refreshment station, decorated for the season, or a very basic one for normal days.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
The idea of the shared space, was one of the things that got me to get my party room. I like that chests do show up there, but they are not always there right away. Sometimes you need to wait for them to return.

It would be nice to have a way to know which realms have pirates in the party room. I haven't found anyone in there yet, perhaps because they are new, rare, and not everyone reads the message boards. The first people who got them didn't know it was shared space, and needed One-eyed Jack to tell them so.

I would like if the seasonal wrapped gift boxes would also show up in there. With the rooms being so quiet, there does need to be some activity to do while waiting for people to show up. How about a ball that would roll around when players run into it? Could make our own games with other players, passing it around. It might also be interesting if there were a team up ledger in there. I'd like if the other door in there exited to somewhere, perhaps your current life fountain.

I think it would be funny if Boochbeard and Gandry made an appearance there, maybe they would drift in, and say something funny, or once a day speak to you and give you something. Maybe they would hang out in there, solving the mystery of what they are usually doing, PARTYING. What's a party without refreshments? How about a snack giving table? Or at least a festive refreshment station, decorated for the season, or a very basic one for normal days.
I LOVE the idea of "interactables" & having Boochbeard & Mr. Gandry show up and make some comments, maybe those sound bites from "How to talk like pirate"?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
A seasonal boss you can team up to fight from the party room would be cool. A group of players in the party room could gather on a sigil and fight for maybe a holiday item drop.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I do not have one... Yet, but I do hope to get one soon mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
jack morgan933 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
I do not have one... Yet, but I do hope to get one soon mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
Me too, L.O.L.!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think the word is not out yet about the party room, except for those who read about it on the message boards. When people hear about what it is, like when I invite them to mine, and explain about it being shared space, with chests and seasonal decorations, they seem interested in getting one, but had not known about it. Since new stuff in the crown shop tends to get looked at, maybe the description of it in the crown shop is a bit lacking. Maybe those who have seen it think it's just a very expensive balloon housing item? Maybe it would sell better if the shop gave a better idea of what the party room is.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
I think the word is not out yet about the party room, except for those who read about it on the message boards. When people hear about what it is, like when I invite them to mine, and explain about it being shared space, with chests and seasonal decorations, they seem interested in getting one, but had not known about it. Since new stuff in the crown shop tends to get looked at, maybe the description of it in the crown shop is a bit lacking. Maybe those who have seen it think it's just a very expensive balloon housing item? Maybe it would sell better if the shop gave a better idea of what the party room is.
Covering the aspects of the Party Room ought to be shown on a KingsIsle Live. Maybe the next one? Now that Emperyea has been released, there will be more time to showcase this wonderful addition.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
Covering the aspects of the Party Room ought to be shown on a KingsIsle Live. Maybe the next one? Now that Emperyea has been released, there will be more time to showcase this wonderful addition.
Thanks for the gift! I am sorry I haven't been here. Hoping to see you soon.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

anecorbie on Nov 8, 2017 wrote:
I like this idea. We'll keep it in mind for upcoming KI Live plotting and scheming...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the gift! I am sorry I haven't been here. Hoping to see you soon.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
heheh, this is one thing wizards don't have! Come to think of it, they don't party much. ( I guess they're too busy saving the Spiral & doing homework. )

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
The party room currently really lacks from something to do, the center area is big enough to house a small pvp sigil, but you could also put some level banded enemies there to fight, maybe a bunch of Weasel Gamblers surrounding a poker table or something. I think mobs would be the best to do, just some enemies that drop gold that people can fight while socializing with a yum dispenser nearby for heals.
There could also be an interactive chess board there but that would probably be too time consuming to get it to work

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
The party room currently really lacks from something to do, the center area is big enough to house a small pvp sigil, but you could also put some level banded enemies there to fight, maybe a bunch of Weasel Gamblers surrounding a poker table or something. I think mobs would be the best to do, just some enemies that drop gold that people can fight while socializing with a yum dispenser nearby for heals.
There could also be an interactive chess board there but that would probably be too time consuming to get it to work
Come on, the Room is for Parrrtying not fighting. When you go to a party do you automatically challenge everyone to fight? ( Okay you might start arm wrestling, but that isn't my idea of a party activity. ) Do you also expect the local chapter of a motorcycle gang to show up so you can fight them?
The other night Helpful Aurora invited me to come and open a group chest, Dante came with me and soon Aurora Clegg also joined us. We danced and talked and had a very, nice relaxing time.
The point is this game has enough fighting and already has a housing gauntlet; if you want to fight use the Smuggler's Arena ( a Practice match gives you something to do & spares your companions. )
This reminds me that some party games might be fun in there. A juke box with a selection of music from around the Spiral would be cool. Imagine choosing the "Thief's Den" music from Mirage or Music from Aquila to boogie down to!
And speaking of music a few new dances would be kind of nice; you could even make these dances exclusive to the Party Room!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Friendly Jesse Pew on Nov 14, 2017 wrote:
Wow, that's very creative, Jesse!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I hope you have a lot of decorating ideas for the party room. It's a bit bland in regular mode. How about many holiday decorations, for holidays big and small: Valentine's Day pink hearts and hanging decorations and tasty pies and ice cream, Groundhog day, with little groundhogs and their shadows running around, Arbor day, bring on the trees, make it snow in February. It could be Eggtastic in Spring with flowers and grass rugs. I expect it to look great in December. How about guest NPCs making appearances on special occasions; a frog clerk could hang out to celebrate Secretary's day. A pet leprechaun could visit there on St. Patrick's day, and decorate it in green. The new mount could be there for Day of the dead, the flying horse with the skull, and tables with sugar skulls. Might there be a birthday party there for our trainers and One-eyed Jack? What holiday's and decorations would you want?

If there were interactive mobs, that might work if the room was empty or near empty, but would get a bit crazy if people do start to hang out in there.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
Come on, the Room is for Parrrtying not fighting. When you go to a party do you automatically challenge everyone to fight? ( Okay you might start arm wrestling, but that isn't my idea of a party activity. ) Do you also expect the local chapter of a motorcycle gang to show up so you can fight them?
The other night Helpful Aurora invited me to come and open a group chest, Dante came with me and soon Aurora Clegg also joined us. We danced and talked and had a very, nice relaxing time.
The point is this game has enough fighting and already has a housing gauntlet; if you want to fight use the Smuggler's Arena ( a Practice match gives you something to do & spares your companions. )
This reminds me that some party games might be fun in there. A juke box with a selection of music from around the Spiral would be cool. Imagine choosing the "Thief's Den" music from Mirage or Music from Aquila to boogie down to!
And speaking of music a few new dances would be kind of nice; you could even make these dances exclusive to the Party Room!
Yes, a jukebox (and the dances! ) is a very good idea.

anecorbie on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
heheh, this is one thing wizards don't have! Come to think of it, they don't party much. ( I guess they're too busy saving the Spiral & doing homework. )
Wizards ARE very studious... but they can sometimes let their hair down and have fun. ::grin::

Thanks for the feedback, we'll take a look at what we can do to fight for your right to have an awesome party room! New topic coming up shortly...