Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gardening and crafting and fishing please

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Please, I'm just so bored, all there is to do is farm Kane and moo Manchu, in pvp takes to long to find someone and I end up having to go do something else, I had my own ideas for it but I don't care if you copy and paste it from wizard at this point just give us something to o past Max level. I tried going through on another pirate multiple times but that got old. And ship pvp is still way to unpolished to even play. Though if that gets fixed I might have something new to try.

The party barge was a nice distraction, but it's got no incentive, and when it turns into me doing the exact same quest over and over again each and everyday I've lost all reason to touch it. I appreciate the gesture, but I just need ki to take that one extra step with these systems and have them be worthwhile perpetually, don't take this to say I think the games bad, I just don't have any reason to play right now and I want to.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratical505 on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
Please, I'm just so bored, all there is to do is farm Kane and moo Manchu, in pvp takes to long to find someone and I end up having to go do something else, I had my own ideas for it but I don't care if you copy and paste it from wizard at this point just give us something to o past Max level. I tried going through on another pirate multiple times but that got old. And ship pvp is still way to unpolished to even play. Though if that gets fixed I might have something new to try.

The party barge was a nice distraction, but it's got no incentive, and when it turns into me doing the exact same quest over and over again each and everyday I've lost all reason to touch it. I appreciate the gesture, but I just need ki to take that one extra step with these systems and have them be worthwhile perpetually, don't take this to say I think the games bad, I just don't have any reason to play right now and I want to.
Yar, Yar, YAR

Ensign
Sep 25, 2016
Yes! I would really like to see something like this added! I would especially like to see fishing added since it makes sense for a pirate world to have fishing!

Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
I am not bored, but I would love to have fishing and crafting in Pirate101. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Anna Dusk on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Yes! I would really like to see something like this added! I would especially like to see fishing added since it makes sense for a pirate world to have fishing!
And there are so many good looking and likely ponds and streams out there. Hey Decius ! If you add fishing, I do hope you will make an easy to use fish creation and altering device. Make it easy on yourself this time. I think the pirates and their crews want a lot of fun fish varieties, plus fish for new worlds.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015

We have been asking for these for a few years. Seems it wont happen

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Nov 4, 2017 wrote:
I know that Ratbeard is on our side for the crafting, it's been on his "to do" list for a while though. He has posted that he "loves crafting".
Keeping my fingers crossed until it happens ( which makes it difficult to play ).

Post Edit: And please remember just how long it took for them to add Ranked PVP & Advanced Pets ( with Morphing )

Admiral
May 30, 2010

You know, even if all they did was alter the world you're doing those same quests in it would help. But I know my maxes and near maxes are going to go beat things up in Marleybone. Every. Single. Day. Unless I happen to feel like hanging about in Marleybone it gets awfully old awfully quickly.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
kingme655 on Nov 4, 2017 wrote:
I wouldn't rule it out. These things take time, and look at what they have added already. I think they are working their way through a list. PVP stuff, check, pets and pet arena, check, ship pvp, check, team up ledger, check.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
As a pirate 101 player, crafting and fishing should be added. I just want to experience the pirate version of crafting and collecting reagents. Fishing is also nice I wonder how pirates fish compare to wizards.

In my opinion gardening might be exclusive to wizards, then again how will pirates garden without magic, unless they are in the class.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
As a pirate 101 player, crafting and fishing should be added. I just want to experience the pirate version of crafting and collecting reagents. Fishing is also nice I wonder how pirates fish compare to wizards.

In my opinion gardening might be exclusive to wizards, then again how will pirates garden without magic, unless they are in the class.
I wouldn't rule out Gardening - it's an excellent way to get reagents for Crafting. Why not use real world gardening for us pirates? For watering we could use a watering can or pail. We could weed our garden, use pesticide to remove bugs, & we could use items that would attract pollinators. So no magic needs to be used.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
I wouldn't rule out Gardening - it's an excellent way to get reagents for Crafting. Why not use real world gardening for us pirates? For watering we could use a watering can or pail. We could weed our garden, use pesticide to remove bugs, & we could use items that would attract pollinators. So no magic needs to be used.
I can see it now, we pull out our weapons and attack those garden pests!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
Even nicer, we could assign less-favored crew to do gardening, drop them at the appropriate house, and let them do the weeding and watering and flit-gunning. They'd look cool and be useful for the people who don't want to use them, and (slightly) speed up the gardening time unless you the pirate want to actively do the work. Maybe they'd give you a little extra time before the plants went wonky needing weeding or watering, but you would still have to do it.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
loving this lol!

yes i just happened to post a list of much-needed items in order of usefulness on my twitter, and i also have another idea i might flesh out soon for another world for us too..

anyways yes it includes these systems :3 i loved reading about assigning those lazy at-home companions some chores! whether it be weeding our orchards, sewing canvas for new ship sails, or stirring potions for our future pet hybrid-luck elixirs (hee hee) having companions to help keep our homes ship-shape is grand.. what about pets? our pets could scare away pests too.. also when considering fishing.. why not have temp-use items and equipment? as pirates we would fix things often.. better recipes for high-grade materials perm versions, but the most basic types get 5-10 uses each mebbe.. things like fly-fishing lures with rods, waterfall hand nets, large stream nets, timer-set fish traps, crab baskets, and underwater harpoons could be crafted.. both for use in the outside world as at our homes with special place-able lakes or deep ponds, even a wishing well lol we could choose to do it all ourselves or assign some parts to pets and or companions.. even get a home-only companion in a new housing pack to help.. also I'd like to see us bringing piles of salvaged goods clothing - ship parts- housing items, to certain world vendors to trade later for finished products, it would be both easy and a meatier feel of old world piratey type crafting and fishing system..

stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
If you want to see my ideas about crafting, here they are: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/forging-glyphs-new-crafting-plan-8ad6a425586c66e301588e4eeaec2675?page=1

When it comes to Gardening, the only thing I can think to add to it would be a seasonal effect right now.

Same goes for fishing, but also we could cook and feed them to our pets.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
piratical505 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
If you want to see my ideas about crafting, here they are: https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-shipyards/forging-glyphs-new-crafting-plan-8ad6a425586c66e301588e4eeaec2675?page=1

When it comes to Gardening, the only thing I can think to add to it would be a seasonal effect right now.

Same goes for fishing, but also we could cook and feed them to our pets.
i like it its a bit different from mine but even then they are very similar.. both using ideas of forge though mine also includes melding stuff together, salvaging reagents from gear and other ship equipment, and salvage piles that would hold extra junk specifically slated for recycling the reagents.. i have no clue where all my posts would even be lol ;n; i dont shut up often it seems.. >.>

super-glad you linked yours here.. i'll be able to re-read it often.. tell me the glyphs are madame vadima taught you think? is there collecting of different things from around the spiral? mooshu lightning in a jar etc?

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
just please be a bit different from the wizard101 versions lol, i'm starting to feel like i'm playing a wiz copy

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I've always liked the idea of us "throwing out the nets" as we sail the windlanes and sometimes catching things. These things could be fish, Treasures (like from the Tribal Crew Pack), materials for crafting, pets, oh, just about anything. It would be different from Wizard101, yet familiar enough for players.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
You know, even if all they did was alter the world you're doing those same quests in it would help. But I know my maxes and near maxes are going to go beat things up in Marleybone. Every. Single. Day. Unless I happen to feel like hanging about in Marleybone it gets awfully old awfully quickly.
This. They need to switch up the daily quests like Wizard101.

It is already bad that the badge associated with this, at a minimum, requires at least a year (assuming you do the quest every single day).

That's 500 times of running the same exact quest for the next two years. Even in "grind" MMOs they don't make you do the same exact thing every day (you can at least switch up the enemies you face).

Pirate101 is a great game with an intriguing story and unique battle system. This particular addition devolves it into a cheap mindless zombie-like mobile game that doesn't challenge the young or old players (as video games should).

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

well said, however what I noticed the most is this comment below..it echoes our sentiments.. when we do get new systems, it would be most ideal if they were fleshed out a bit more, or if not immediately, then added to OFTEN to keep interest from waning..

" just need ki to take that one extra step with these systems and have them be worthwhile perpetually