Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't Sell Chesboard

AuthorMessage
First Mate
May 01, 2012
Mr. Trelawny, the Housing Vendor in Skull Island, cannot see the Chessboard (a Housing Item), so I can't sell it to him and I can't auction it in the Bazaar. Mr. Trelawney will buy the Red and Black Checkers. I think he should also buy the Chessboard. Why can't I sell the Chessboard to Mr. Trelawney? Is there any other place I can sell the Chessboard?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Mr. Trelawny, the Housing Vendor in Skull Island, cannot see the Chessboard (a Housing Item), so I can't sell it to him and I can't auction it in the Bazaar. Mr. Trelawney will buy the Red and Black Checkers. I think he should also buy the Chessboard. Why can't I sell the Chessboard to Mr. Trelawney? Is there any other place I can sell the Chessboard?
I think it's because this item can be bought with scrip in the Brawlin' Hall. I just trash my extras.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think the Chessboard is a Scrip item? It is sellable to the Scrip housing vendor, Candyce Olsen, in the Brawlin' Hall, or to the Housing Vendor Tentacle in the Black Market.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
I think the Chessboard is a Scrip item? It is sellable to the Scrip housing vendor, Candyce Olsen, in the Brawlin' Hall, or to the Housing Vendor Tentacle in the Black Market.

I owe you an apology, Willowydream, because I thought you were talking through your hat, but yes, the Chessboard is sellable at the housing tentacle as well. Fifteen scrip is not to be sneezed at when you're a really low level pirate and nobody drops scrip during ship battles.

Thanks so much for mentioning this.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:
I owe you an apology, Willowydream, because I thought you were talking through your hat, but yes, the Chessboard is sellable at the housing tentacle as well. Fifteen scrip is not to be sneezed at when you're a really low level pirate and nobody drops scrip during ship battles.

No worries - this is a prime reason why I post.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:

Arrrgghhhh! And here I've been trashing my extras! I could've had 45 scrip! Do you know how many ships you need to sink to get that much?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2017 wrote:
Arrrgghhhh! And here I've been trashing my extras! I could've had 45 scrip! Do you know how many ships you need to sink to get that much?
Yes, sadly, I do know. And so does poor Nikita, too, since she's not even out of the Skull Island skyways yet. They ever start putting tiny packets of scrip in those holiday packages and we'll be fighting over them even worse than now.