Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Player Hogging Birthday Presents in Skull Island

AuthorMessage
First Mate
May 01, 2012
The Pirate's name is Wicked Dustin Windlass and what he is doing is getting all (hogging) the Birthday Presents that appear in in the center of Skull Island Town on Gandry Realm, Area 01 (the little patch of grass in the center of town). He is doing this by rotating his Valencian Steed and, whenever a chest shows up, grabbing its contents. I wouldn't mind if he was doing it by the keyboard but I think he has automated it somehow and making it impossible for anyone else to get either of the two chests that appear there. There is no hesitation in either the rotating action or the getting of the chest as soon as a chest starts to appear. He has been doing this since at least 6:00 am PDT.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Were you and him the only ones in Gandry Realm? If so, you should have changed to a different realm and opened gifts there. He was likely in Gandry Realm for the purpose of opening every single present. If he did this in Avery Realm he would have been accused of Hogging within minutes. He was obviously aware of this and picked a realm perhaps only you and him were in. Present Hogging is completely OK in an almost vacant realm.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Oct 9, 2017 wrote:
The Pirate's name is Wicked Dustin Windlass and what he is doing is getting all (hogging) the Birthday Presents that appear in in the center of Skull Island Town on Gandry Realm, Area 01 (the little patch of grass in the center of town). He is doing this by rotating his Valencian Steed and, whenever a chest shows up, grabbing its contents. I wouldn't mind if he was doing it by the keyboard but I think he has automated it somehow and making it impossible for anyone else to get either of the two chests that appear there. There is no hesitation in either the rotating action or the getting of the chest as soon as a chest starts to appear. He has been doing this since at least 6:00 am PDT.
What's stopping you from going to another server and claiming presents there?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There are currently three zones where gift boxes can be collected, Avery's Court, the main shopping district, and the Skull Island Docks. There are also a couple of boxes over in Wongo Woo by the Skipper. If someone is in your way, move on to another set of boxes, or change realms and find more.

There really is no reason to get mad at someone for collecting them where you thought you would.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
And I can think of 6 other presents just in that area that he can't even touch, staying in that one spot as he is. Is your concern that it might be automated rather than him just being fast?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Actually, from your description, he's not claiming all the presents. In Avery's Court there are 5, in the Skull Island town there are 5 ( besides the 2 in the grassy patch ). In the Watermole village there are 2 and on the Skull Island Docks there are 3.
These ( 15 ) presents are available to you, so why complain that someone is picking up just those 2?

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
There are currently three zones where gift boxes can be collected, Avery's Court, the main shopping district, and the Skull Island Docks. There are also a couple of boxes over in Wongo Woo by the Skipper. If someone is in your way, move on to another set of boxes, or change realms and find more.

There really is no reason to get mad at someone for collecting them where you thought you would.

Actually there is a fourth area - The Party Barge. I have found 6 more gift boxes so far.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlightlyMadWizard on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
Actually there is a fourth area - The Party Barge. I have found 6 more gift boxes so far.
So, with the 6 on the Party Barge and the Skull Island 15, that makes 21 presents this guy isn't picking up......sounds like a win for the rest of us!