Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Oingo boingo build

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
I want to properly build my oingo boingo. So what talents/epic talents should i give him?
Also what role does oingo boingo play? Is he offensive? Is he defensive? Just how should i play him?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
My condolences, oingo boingo is legitimately useless, no build can make him good

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
mr idea on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
I want to properly build my oingo boingo. So what talents/epic talents should i give him?
Also what role does oingo boingo play? Is he offensive? Is he defensive? Just how should i play him?
Welcome to the Message Boards, Mr. Idea! I bet you have a whole lot of great ideas.

Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
So basically there is nothing redeemable about oingo boingo? Nothing at all? Not even one shred of usefulness?
His epics, his amount of epics, his price, his promotion, it's all just one big disappoint?

Community Leader
The only thing that's remotely decent about him is the fact you can use him for companion orders. Everything else is pretty much trash. He gets 6 epics, which is less than or equal to any top tier companion. He lacks relentless and guaranteed hits, which makes him a useless offensive companion. He lacks hold the line, and (probably) can't get first strike 3, making him a sub-par defensive companion. 7495 crowns is WAY too expensive for that piece of junk. I pity you if you spent the crowns to get in, and if you haven't, I implore you to not get him. You're better off investing in a good buccaneer companion, such as temujin or goronado.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Pretty much. The only reason I have him is because A) I want all companions! and B) he's a part of my Water Mole Squad

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
mr idea on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
So basically there is nothing redeemable about oingo boingo? Nothing at all? Not even one shred of usefulness?
His epics, his amount of epics, his price, his promotion, it's all just one big disappoint?
yep!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Sigh, don't listen to them Mr. Idea. I didn't want to intervene but these comments have given me no choice. I have Oingo Boingo on my Buccaneer and he's far from useless. No one, or very few people, even have Oingo Boingo in the entire game so therefore very few comments are accurate. Oingo Boingo's main job is being a front-line tank and zone control, since he starts with cheap shot by default. Your best bet is to put Oingo Boingo in between the enemies, especially low health ones. When the enemy disengages, they do so for good reason, most likely to retreat. Oingo Boingo's Cheap Shot can land a good attack before they disengage while also protecting more fragile companions in the back like Bonnie Anne or Zeena. If I were you, I'd invest his epics in Bladestorm and Flanking. Bladestorm can give you another attack with every critical or kill Oingo Boingo does and Flanking gives you that extra bonus attack when executed correctly. I hope I was of some help and good luck out there in the skyways.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 25 Musketeer-in-Training)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I would choose not to have such a pessimistic outlook on this, but there are Pirate101 experts out here that can answer your question wisely and properly. Such a thread calls for Anecorbie, to be honest.

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!

Community Leader
crimsonreaper5 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
Sigh, don't listen to them Mr. Idea. I didn't want to intervene but these comments have given me no choice. I have Oingo Boingo on my Buccaneer and he's far from useless. No one, or very few people, even have Oingo Boingo in the entire game so therefore very few comments are accurate. Oingo Boingo's main job is being a front-line tank and zone control, since he starts with cheap shot by default. Your best bet is to put Oingo Boingo in between the enemies, especially low health ones. When the enemy disengages, they do so for good reason, most likely to retreat. Oingo Boingo's Cheap Shot can land a good attack before they disengage while also protecting more fragile companions in the back like Bonnie Anne or Zeena. If I were you, I'd invest his epics in Bladestorm and Flanking. Bladestorm can give you another attack with every critical or kill Oingo Boingo does and Flanking gives you that extra bonus attack when executed correctly. I hope I was of some help and good luck out there in the skyways.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 25 Musketeer-in-Training)
Buddy, you can't possibly be defending the idea of spending 7500 crowns ($15 irl) on a companion that lacks a guaranteed hit, a heal, relentless, htl3, or first strike 3. Want a cheap shot companion? Ratbeard can get cheap shot 3, and has 2 more epics, 3 guaranteed hits, and a triton's song. He also has access to up to first strike 3, htl 3, blade 2/3, and repel boarders 3. Flanking is the only "advantage" you get from him, and spending 7500 crowns to get a worse in almost every way version of Ratbeard is not a cost efficient idea

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
What rank of flanking should I give him? What rank of bladestorm should I give him? Is there any other epic I should give him?

Petty Officer
Dec 06, 2012
I just wish he had some special moves or powers like goronado. I just hope he gets a buff soon. If they can buff bosun budd, they can buff oingo boingo.