Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Screen Randomly Going Black

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 18, 2011
So ill be playing on full screen 1366x768 resolution and sometimes my game will just go black when leaving or entering areas, no pattern that i can tell so far. Ill try to leave the game by pressing Ctrl Alt Delete and choosing task manager but there isnt a pirate101 application listed which is strange.

I can only close the game by forcing task manager to stop the p101 process, then i have to reload my game.

I only started playing again about 2 months ago after a break (about 2 years) and this never happened before.

Anyone have this problem and how can i fix it?

Administrator
This sounds very unusual! Please contact Customer Support and supply them with a dxdiag file. Feel free to reference this message board post when you contact them.

Email: support@pirate101.com
Web: https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 18, 2011
Ok so i started playing not on full screen with the same settings and it seems to have been fixed. But this still shouldn't happen. Should i still contact?

Administrator
Thank you for the extra information. You might want to contact them just with an FYI of what you experienced when playing full screen. It might help to establish a "paper trail" in case it happens again.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*