Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Fake" Characters...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
So basically I was bored and had nothing to do. So I went over to the spar chamber for some healthy PvP.
I wasn't surprised with all the trolls and hate talk there, but what really got my attention were these two clones that were basically "Fakes" of some character. They were going around threatening to make "fakes" of other people and do horrible things to their friends and stuff... And then they got to me saying the same thing... so I just reported them and went on my merry way. Hope that report goes to mute their IP maybe.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
DariusMusk on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
So basically I was bored and had nothing to do. So I went over to the spar chamber for some healthy PvP.
I wasn't surprised with all the trolls and hate talk there, but what really got my attention were these two clones that were basically "Fakes" of some character. They were going around threatening to make "fakes" of other people and do horrible things to their friends and stuff... And then they got to me saying the same thing... so I just reported them and went on my merry way. Hope that report goes to mute their IP maybe.
I went into the spar chamber today too, sometime in the afternoon. I witnessed some of these conversations, even saw some of the "fakes". I didn't report them or anything, they mostly stayed in their little groups and I stayed in the back watching like I usually do. Not sure if it's a reportable offense necessarily, but it's certainly a foolish pastime.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Personally that doesn't scare me becuase

1: To properly make a character of me would take too much time and grudge

2: In the odd event that they can hack the game, what does it even matter anymore at that point, they would be shut down and banned

But I do see how this could be a problem and ruins the family friendly environment

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Avery realm is extremely toxic when it comes to pvp, need a mod to go in there and IP ban all the trouble makers, i never go into avery unless i have more then a few friends in it, and even then i usually dont log on unless someone from skype wants to 1v1

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I hope they get banned. Good work there for reporting them, Vulorian!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
I'll never understand why people do this. Just play the game, enjoy your own character, and have fun. Creating problems for other players not only doesn't accomplish anything, but it's just mean. Good job on reporting them!

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Marleybone073 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
I went into the spar chamber today too, sometime in the afternoon. I witnessed some of these conversations, even saw some of the "fakes". I didn't report them or anything, they mostly stayed in their little groups and I stayed in the back watching like I usually do. Not sure if it's a reportable offense necessarily, but it's certainly a foolish pastime.
Well I think the threats they made were worthy of being a reportable offense..

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
DariusMusk on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Well I think the threats they made were worthy of being a reportable offense..
Well perhaps, from what I saw though it was mainly threats to "roast" someone, or other practical jokes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The fake character thing is not reportable. It can be a very fun too. I was surprised by some wonderful friends for April Fool's day once by them showing up in identical Chrissys. It was hysterical especially when they were wandering around bestowing blessings and giggles on everyone they met. They had me pretty solid with my fun mannerisms and I was deeply touched with their kindness and spot on imitations and senses of humor. Any useful tool can be turned into a weapon depending on its user. I just hope this particular stunt will shift back to being something to lift others spirits and filling their giggle banks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
The fake character thing is not reportable. It can be a very fun too. I was surprised by some wonderful friends for April Fool's day once by them showing up in identical Chrissys. It was hysterical especially when they were wandering around bestowing blessings and giggles on everyone they met. They had me pretty solid with my fun mannerisms and I was deeply touched with their kindness and spot on imitations and senses of humor. Any useful tool can be turned into a weapon depending on its user. I just hope this particular stunt will shift back to being something to lift others spirits and filling their giggle banks.
If you're making a "twin", "copy" or "fake" for a gag or joke on a particular friend - that's ok. ( I did this once to Misty Jackson. )
But if you're doing this this to create a hostile or fearful environment, then it's not ok at all.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
For what I can tell, you and I had different experiences.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
If you're making a "twin", "copy" or "fake" for a gag or joke on a particular friend - that's ok. ( I did this once to Misty Jackson. )
But if you're doing this this to create a hostile or fearful environment, then it's not ok at all.
That's right, there were triplets at one point. I wish I'd have taken some screenshots.

And I agree; if you're going to make a copy of someone, don't do it to harass, bully, or impersonate someone in a malicious way. It's rude, for one, and will probably snowball into an even bigger mess once people catch on to what's happening. Trying to ruin someone else by posing as them and using foul language will inevitably lead to your own muting and/or banning instead of theirs.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Well just now, in the pvp chamber I saw those "fakes" again causing more havoc then ever.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
I have this one friend, who made a copy of my privy, and I made a copy of her privy! it was hilarious when I saw salty mark in avery's court and he was like "what?". I was laughing my head off the entire time! I was laughing for about an hour after that. this kind, can be funny when used as a joke or a gag for a friend. (I might do this to another friend! XD)

but I agree, the bad fake characters, used to bully, abuse, harass, etc, needs to stop. the good kind like what I just described above, shouldn't.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
This is a good thread to remind players on what is or is not a reportable offense.

https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/faq/#sanction3

Creating "fake" characters is not a reportable offense, but depending on the actions of those fake characters, it may turn into one.