Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Soul Shroud...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
So I was bored fed up with farming when I decided that I should set up a friendly 3v3. It was all good and fun until me and one teammate were on low health. It was no big deal we got close to our privateer teammate so he can heal us next turn. It was the opposing team's turn, and I'm not sure whether they made the privateers health red or yellow but it made him do soul shroud and killed our musketeer. We brushed it off and healed him, then it happened again. More annoyed we healed the musketeer again and he decided to teleport to the other end of the battle field . So anyways we were about to die and then the Privateer's soul shroud kicked in again... on me this time. and we ended up dying. The (sad) End!

My point is, why does Soul Shroud kill your own teammates?

Your friendly neighborhood Orlando.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
DariusMusk on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
So I was bored fed up with farming when I decided that I should set up a friendly 3v3. It was all good and fun until me and one teammate were on low health. It was no big deal we got close to our privateer teammate so he can heal us next turn. It was the opposing team's turn, and I'm not sure whether they made the privateers health red or yellow but it made him do soul shroud and killed our musketeer. We brushed it off and healed him, then it happened again. More annoyed we healed the musketeer again and he decided to teleport to the other end of the battle field . So anyways we were about to die and then the Privateer's soul shroud kicked in again... on me this time. and we ended up dying. The (sad) End!

The pirate should only use soul shroud in 1v1's becuase it usually doesn't end up killing allies in those situations or he should use it if he is the core of the time and he really needs to stay alive otherwise it's kind of a pain for team PvP

Not only does it just make u a convienience for the enemy but it means that you can be targeted by witch hunter so u just end up losing a bit of health and weapon power or spell power.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DariusMusk on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:

Soul Shroud ( from Baron Samedi's Mask ) will always get used against the closest, wounded person/companion/minion/pet on the board. If you know that a team mate or opponent has this item; you must be wary in approaching.
I've seen Jonathan of the Nefarious Five use Soul Shroud even against his team ( & defeat them! ).
As a friend of mine once said, "Bargains with Death always have a down side."

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Soul Shroud ( from Baron Samedi's Mask ) will always get used against the closest, wounded person/companion/minion/pet on the board. If you know that a team mate or opponent has this item; you must be wary in approaching.
I've seen Jonathan of the Nefarious Five use Soul Shroud even against his team ( & defeat them! ).
As a friend of mine once said, "Bargains with Death always have a down side."
Just to help avoide any confusion, Anecorbie meant the Death's Bargain instead of the Baron Samedi's Mask which grants Soul Harvest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Steven Owlhunter on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Just to help avoide any confusion, Anecorbie meant the Death's Bargain instead of the Baron Samedi's Mask which grants Soul Harvest.
Ah, yes, thank you for the correction, I meant the earring. ( so embarrassed now. )