Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who Regrets Their Message Boards Name?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hello, everyone! It's me, Helpful Aurora Parker. I want to ask you all a question: Who regrets their Message Boards name? I used to (because I wished to make it "The Dashing Swashbuckler" after I realized you could do a different name, and I thought it had to be your actual Pirate name, not the name of your choice), but now I'm fine with "Helpful Aurora Parker".

So, do you regret your Message Boards name or wish you had named it differently? After all, you can't really change it after you name yourself (and I think I'm starting to understand why)!

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Well my fourm name is my main wizard's name. One thing I wish was a feature for the fourms is having a separate fourm names.

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well, I made my message board name while I was hungry, sleep deprived, and muddling through allergies. (At least those are the best excuses I can make for creating this name) Now to the problem of my name itself, well it's the name of a nation, in game, as i'm sure you all know. (And even though it's my favorite) Where's the creativity in that? The second part of my name, 073. Where'd I pull that number from, you may ask. I didn't, it happened to be the first suggestion after the part that said THIS NAME IS TAKEN. I might've been ok with the Marleybone part if it a better number after it like 101 (But it was most likely taken anyway).So... yes I regret my message board name.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
furborn74 on Jun 15, 2017 wrote:
me... just look at it
Haha, that's actually a nice name! Don't feel bad. I think we all are cats and dogs at heart!

Administrator
I'll probably regret saying this, but tf you really hate your message board name, I'll give you a one-time change. Send me an email to community@pirate101.com.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
My first name didn't get it through.

So I decided on "Darkmoordude" If that didn't work, I was thinking of "TimeForceTrain"

Looking back at it; thank Bonnie Anne it got approved

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
I love my name, thank you very much!
It's wonderfully dull, so people don't get too wrapped up in figuring out how to pronounce it.
Way better than Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Mine was when game was at launch, looking back at it, I loved the witch class back then...
Love-Hate relationship for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't regret my board name, and it's easier to say in W101 because for some reason, Esperanza Devereaux gets filtered out.
I also like the fact that as our accounts in both games are linked, we can know the posters on both boards.
I've been noticing that more wizards are coming over here and posting, welcome all!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I'd never regret my name I love it

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Me! I no longer play my muskeeteer (Brave Alexandra Armstrong), and really wish I hadn't made that my board name. I might ask Tom to change it......

Misty Lvl 49

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Me! I no longer play my muskeeteer (Brave Alexandra Armstrong), and really wish I hadn't made that my board name. I might ask Tom to change it......

Misty Lvl 49
I got it changed! Thanks One-Eyed Jack!

Misty Lvl 49

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Definitely still love my board name. CdeWinter, named after my favourite literary female villain. Although, to be clear, it actually does not stand for Countess de Winter, but her full name, Clarice de Winter.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I made my name when I was much younger and less creative.

I liked Witchdoctors and I liked my name Darius so I decided to make it witchdoctor Darius, pretty simple but now I prefer to be known as "Spellbinder" I am going to try change my name to that if I can!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Finally got mine changed to Vanessa Mythdust. When I originally made my account (years and years ago), I remember getting some kind of error message after typing in "Vanessa Mythdust" (I don't remember the error, I just know it wasn't that it was taken). I tried again ... same result. I finally tried "Vanessa M" just to see if THAT would go through and ... of course it did.

You guys have no idea how long that's urked me.

I know it's not piratey, but the accounts are linked. I do have a second account named Virtuous Vanessa though, if I decide to change things up.

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
Hello, everyone! It's me, Helpful Aurora Parker. I want to ask you all a question: Who regrets their Message Boards name? I used to (because I wished to make it "The Dashing Swashbuckler" after I realized you could do a different name, and I thought it had to be your actual Pirate name, not the name of your choice), but now I'm fine with "Helpful Aurora Parker".

So, do you regret your Message Boards name or wish you had named it differently? After all, you can't really change it after you name yourself (and I think I'm starting to understand why)!
I actually love Helpful Aurora Parker, as it makes things much easier so I don't have to use a signature for people to know who I am. If someone would just skim through my post and not even read the whole thing, the first things they would look for is who wrote it and when they wrote the reply, or if it's an actual thread then it's who wrote it and what's the name of the thread. If they know the person, they'll read the post. And, of course, if it's a long post, people won't read unless a major key point is in bold and attracts interest.

So no name-changing for me, thank you!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I have no regrets to me Message Board Name, though to be honest it was not me choice in creating one I still grew to like to love it more and more, so I will not be changing it anytime soon.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
That's a nice offer, Jack - thanks.

I am cool with mine.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
That's a nice offer, Jack - thanks.

I am cool with mine.

-Indigo
I love Indigo Ring! As my role-playing mind and imagination could literally take me anywhere, I can imagine such a backstory with an "Indigo Ring"! Is it a secret treasure? Is it some kind of ancient treasure that has powers that was a belonging of Indigo's parents? If I expressed all of my role-playing thoughts on your name, Indigo, it would be a thousand characters past the limit, ja!

Yes, it's a very nice offer. Thank you very much, but to make a moderator's day much easier I request no name-changing as for my account.

(P.S. "Ja", or even "ayuh" [from Jonah Town] is a term from Grizzleheim that the Bears always used to say. As I was raised in Grizzleheim, you're probably going to hear me say that quite a bit when I think very highly of a certain thought or opinion! )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:

Misty Lvl 49
Welcome to the Message Boards, Misty!

If Brave Alexandra Armstrong was your Message Boards name (I actually love it ), your name shows up right now as The Stalwart Queen! Great choice.

• I want to let you all know - all of the people that want your names changed - that Jack said "one-time only". So if you really hate your Message Boards name, you can let him know at community@KingsIsle.com, but you need to remember that it must be a very wise choice! If you are to change your name, you must choose a name that you're not going to hate later on and want to change it and feel bad because you can't, because you already used that one-time offer!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Aurora, the original Indigo Ring was a npc (non-player character) in a D&D campaign many years ago - sort of a Robin Hood bandit type, but with a perverse sense of humor. He had a brother named Calloway. They proved very popular in the original campaign in which they appeared, so they (esp. Indigo) have made guest appearances in other campaigns through the years.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 23, 2017 wrote:
Aurora, the original Indigo Ring was a npc (non-player character) in a D&D campaign many years ago - sort of a Robin Hood bandit type, but with a perverse sense of humor. He had a brother named Calloway. They proved very popular in the original campaign in which they appeared, so they (esp. Indigo) have made guest appearances in other campaigns through the years.

-Indigo
Nice!

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
I'll probably regret saying this, but tf you really hate your message board name, I'll give you a one-time change. Send me an email to community@pirate101.com.
Aww, Jack is so nice!

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 22, 2017 wrote:
I love Indigo Ring! As my role-playing mind and imagination could literally take me anywhere, I can imagine such a backstory with an "Indigo Ring"! Is it a secret treasure? Is it some kind of ancient treasure that has powers that was a belonging of Indigo's parents? If I expressed all of my role-playing thoughts on your name, Indigo, it would be a thousand characters past the limit, ja!

Yes, it's a very nice offer. Thank you very much, but to make a moderator's day much easier I request no name-changing as for my account.

(P.S. "Ja", or even "ayuh" [from Jonah Town] is a term from Grizzleheim that the Bears always used to say. As I was raised in Grizzleheim, you're probably going to hear me say that quite a bit when I think very highly of a certain thought or opinion! )
Go Grizzleheim or Go Home!