Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A monstrology type update

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
For me the best part of Pirate is the companions. They have unique looks and personalities and it is always fun to add another to the crew. I suggest a similar system to monstrology be added. It would be pretty simple. You farm enemies until you have enough animus or whatever the pirate equivalent would be to recruit them to our crew. This would certainly keep me interested and I would love to get some more fun companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That's an interesting concept! What would you figure would be the replacement for animus ( clearly, as pirates, we can't be ripping a part of an enemy's spirit to make a construct ).
By showing how tough we are we convince them to join us? ( After all "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? ) Perhaps beat X number of say: Troggies, get one, & only one, Troggy companion?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Something like the Grohl fight, where we charm each minion until they all join our side against the boss?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I like this idea. Hope it makes its way into the game.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
I'm fully in support of this idea, but this sounds like it'd be the sort of thing that would be super buggy. Side note: what about a class special? For example, Witchdoctors could get undead versions. A real treat for anyone trying to, ahem, "take inspiration" from the Dutchman. Not that I'm one of those people or anything...

Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2017 wrote:
That's an interesting concept! What would you figure would be the replacement for animus ( clearly, as pirates, we can't be ripping a part of an enemy's spirit to make a construct ).
By showing how tough we are we convince them to join us? ( After all "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em? ) Perhaps beat X number of say: Troggies, get one, & only one, Troggy companion?
Yeah pretty spot on. I don't think it would be very difficult to implement. You fight them x amount of times and you get to recruit one and you can't recruit more than one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe we could also make summoning doubloons with them?