Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Lost Doubloons Upon Renewing Membership

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy there Tom/OEJ! How have you been?

I just had an issue that I recently noticed and I was wondering if it was a bug/glitch, a programming oversight, or perhaps just a product of how the programming and/or membership works. I'll send a bug report/inquiry as well, I just wanted to post it here too, so that it may prevent other players from encountering the same problem.

So, here's the issue:

I had canceled my membership about 3 months ago, only due to knowing that I would not be able to get in game due to being swamped with work, kid related activities, taking some writing courses and in order to continue to pursue some goals/dreams of mine (working on writing a book/movie script and other fun stuff). I didn't want to pay while I was away and I knew that I'd be back when things slowed down (and renew/upgrade my membership again).

Well I purchased membership a couple of weeks ago. Just this morning I finally got into game long enough to allow more than just files to reload/update. I knew I was rusty, so ol' Valkoor jumped back into The Machine Core (solo) and went on to beat up some rust buckets. Well, during the battles I noticed I was getting the same doubloons over and over again and different ones that was accustomed to seeing (prior to my membership hiatus). So I checked my powers/doubloon tab and noticed that I only had 5 total types of doubloons. Prior to canceling for a couple months I had 5+ pages of doubloons with max # of a lot of them. Plus dozens of each type of pet summons from the Grizzly packs -- since they let you have more than the max of 20, being that you are paying real dough for them. So, I went from 5+ pages of doubloons ( several 100's) to a mere 5 types (maybe 2 dozen total doubloons).

So my questions are...

1] Do you loose doubloons when you cancel membership or maybe if you are inactive in-game for a certain amount of time?

2] Is the loss of doubloons supposed to occur ... and if so, does it mention it in the membership details? (I can check that out on my end)

3] If it is a bug/glitch or a product of an unintentional programming side effect, is there a way to get back the 100's of doubloons my pirate lost?

4] Is there an overly accurate doubloon plunderer at KI headquarters that is walking around Texas summoning heck kitties, while encased in a golden bubble and showering in gold coins, with little rotating potions floating over their head? (I will find them, if so)

I know I can work on building my supply back up, but I put countless hours into farming for pages of doubloons (along with real money -- via the packs), and many hours spent trading doubloons among all of my pirates on 2 accounts.

Thank you kindly in advance for any insight/info that you can lend me. I appreciate the help...as always.

(and I will get a bug report, if it is a bug/glitch -- just thought I'd make sure it wasn't supposed to happen first)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy there Tom/OEJ! How have you been?

I just had an issue that I recently noticed and I was wondering if it was a bug/glitch, a programming oversight, or perhaps just a product of how the programming and/or membership works. I'll send a bug report/inquiry as well, I just wanted to post it here too, so that it may prevent other players from encountering the same problem.

So, here's the issue:

I had canceled my membership about 3 months ago, only due to knowing that I would not be able to get in game due to being swamped with work, kid related activities, taking some writing courses and in order to continue to pursue some goals/dreams of mine (working on writing a book/movie script and other fun stuff). I didn't want to pay while I was away and I knew that I'd be back when things slowed down (and renew/upgrade my membership again).

Well I purchased membership a couple of weeks ago. Just this morning I finally got into game long enough to allow more than just files to reload/update. I knew I was rusty, so ol' Valkoor jumped back into The Machine Core (solo) and went on to beat up some rust buckets. Well, during the battles I noticed I was getting the same doubloons over and over again and different ones that was accustomed to seeing (prior to my membership hiatus). So I checked my powers/doubloon tab and noticed that I only had 5 total types of doubloons. Prior to canceling for a couple months I had 5+ pages of doubloons with max # of a lot of them. Plus dozens of each type of pet summons from the Grizzly packs -- since they let you have more than the max of 20, being that you are paying real dough for them. So, I went from 5+ pages of doubloons ( several 100's) to a mere 5 types (maybe 2 dozen total doubloons).

So my questions are...

1] Do you loose doubloons when you cancel membership or maybe if you are inactive in-game for a certain amount of time?

2] Is the loss of doubloons supposed to occur ... and if so, does it mention it in the membership details? (I can check that out on my end)

3] If it is a bug/glitch or a product of an unintentional programming side effect, is there a way to get back the 100's of doubloons my pirate lost?

4] Is there an overly accurate doubloon plunderer at KI headquarters that is walking around Texas summoning heck kitties, while encased in a golden bubble and showering in gold coins, with little rotating potions floating over their head? (I will find them, if so)

I know I can work on building my supply back up, but I put countless hours into farming for pages of doubloons (along with real money -- via the packs), and many hours spent trading doubloons among all of my pirates on 2 accounts.

Thank you kindly in advance for any insight/info that you can lend me. I appreciate the help...as always.

(and I will get a bug report, if it is a bug/glitch -- just thought I'd make sure it wasn't supposed to happen first)
Maybe your character hasn't fully loaded?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Maybe your character hasn't fully loaded?
I thought that may have been the case, too.

But I've been in game a few times to train/collect, & it appears that everything has loaded. I also was wrong on a couple of accounts -- at least I think so. I actually have 8 types of doubloons in my roster (vs. the 5), but that's still a far cry from the 120+ plus types I had before I put my membership on hold. I also think I may have most or all of my doubloons from the Grizzly Beast packs -- kind of hard to tell, because I don't remember the exact numbers of each type & which ones, if any, I had used up.

I'm thinking the loss of those 100's of doubloons has to do with going from membership (120 slot pack inventory) to no membership (80 slots). Though, the doubloons aren't supposed to count towards pack space, perhaps from a "programming storage aspect", they do count. But the programming allows you to hold your overflow of gear, when you cancel membership. You just can't acquire new items until you unload/store some to get back down to 79 or fewer items. When I came back & logged in (prior to renewing) Valkoor's pack had 118/80 items...so it's just the doubloons that took a massive hit.

It may have something to with how the snacks/pet gear don't count towards pack/bank inventory space, but they actually do when adding them to your banks...kind of. When unloading a lot of different types of snacks/pet gear, the "overflow" is stored somewhere magical, and hidden, until you free up some space in shared your bank. Like when I purchase a lot of Grizzly Booster packs & transfer the vast amount of pet snacks/gear to my shared bank. After adding a few, they stop showing up in the shared bank & it appears as if they are gone. But once you take something out, the missing ones will show up.

Haven't seen any new doubloons show up, despite having inventory room. So I'm guessing they have just vanished. Or Goro has eaten them...or my Haywire crew members have conducted some industrial sabatoge -- never should've trusted them!

Administrator
This sounds very unusual, Valkoor. Can you please open a ticket with Customer Support? When you contact them, will you reference this thread?

1- No
2- No
3- Contact Customer Support
4- If that person exists, they'll be doing all those said things in the Customer Support section (or at least we can pretend. )

Thanks!

Email: support@pirate101.com
Web: https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
This sounds very unusual, Valkoor. Can you please open a ticket with Customer Support? When you contact them, will you reference this thread?

1- No
2- No
3- Contact Customer Support
4- If that person exists, they'll be doing all those said things in the Customer Support section (or at least we can pretend. )

Thanks!

Email: support@pirate101.com
Web: https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game
Thanks OEJ! I think I may have discovered what happened...though I have no clue as to how or why.

I decided to check my other pirates' doubloon pages & it appears that Valkoor's hoard was redistributed to the other 5 pirates on that account. I am almost certain that is what occurred. A while before taking a break I had used those 5 pirates to farm gold & DB's & traded the desired ones to my son's pirate on a 2nd account. Then I traded all of those to Valkoor so that I could use them while farming Kane & company. I had 5-7 pages of desired/useful DB's.

Well, it appears that for whatever reason, the temporary cancelling of my membership caused the DB's to get redistributed back to my 5 other pirates. I was thinking, or it would appear, that maybe their files are linked/stamped to whichever pirate first acquires them? Maybe?? But I know that all 5 pirates (that i rarely play) only had a handful of lesser desired DB's...& now they all have 3 full pages of them-- including all of Valkoor's level 45+, hot-ticket DB's (& many Grizzly pack DB's).

I do still have to go through & check each pirates' DB inventory more closely, but I am almost 100% certain that Valkoor's stash got redistributed to the other 5 pirates on that account. I definitely recognize many of the types/ levels in their inventories. But everything appears to be there & I "simply" must trade them all back to pirates on my 2nd account & then back to Valkoor.

Again, I have no idea why it happened but it coincided with the change of membership. Maybe Ratbeard could shed some light on the situation, in regards to how the programming reacts & if/whether the DB files are linked to the originating pirate. That is if you can lure him out of the hole in the wall that he is hiding in -- I hear he's fond of bacon slathered lotion. That may lure him out (RB- I kid, I kid)

I can still send an email to support. But it seems the DB's may be accounted for, but they are just on the "wrong" characters.

Thanks again!