Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vanessa Mythdust... you're very lucky! :D!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Your special appearance in KI Live's latest episode is such a surprising moment in your life! I'm amazed KI brought you in by an unexpected coincidence in your life.

What I can say to you is this, congratulations on making your special appearance in KI Live's latest episode! I'm guessing you saw plenty of what KI's got in store for W101 & P101 while you were there, yes?

That I can highly presume, under the idea that you're not gonna say everything about that, 'cause I know they had you signing an NDA about that. I completely respect that they don't wanna spill everything before their time to say it is proper.

While I already know W101's latest Test Realm was up by them, I can understand that you're not gonna say a word about what's in the works for P101 before it all hits their Test Realm soon, not even a single hint, even it's based on suggestions we submitted. It's cool.

I can ask you these questions, though...

What was your favorite part in visiting KI for their episode?

Did they give you the breakthrough at how they create content in their games? If so, what process did you look at how things were made, music, concept art, sound, voiceovers? And what was the process in doing any o' them with the programs they use today?

How did it feel to actually meet KI while visiting there?

Did you even give your own small suggestions to KI working on W101 & P101 while seeing them in person?

Now, if you can't describe the process on any o' these in the forums, that's fine. You could describe that in your blog, if you wish. There may be some who may be interested in knowing how this all went through, which programs they used in their departments & how they can learn & prepare to use them, if some wish to.

Gotta say, though, I really enjoyed the concept art images about the new Level 118 school pets in W101. Would be neat to see them in high resolution. Looks amazing! Minor pity there wasn't any new P101 concept art images in that episode. I kinda expected to maybe hear about a new P101 bundle, 'cause, there hasn't been one in years.

Well, once again, congrats on being the special guest in KI's latest KI Live episode! Hope they may do that again soon.

On a different note, I guess you've seen many past concept images about W101 & P101. Wish you'd make a neat gallery about that in high-res for us to see.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Thanks so much for the shoutout! Being on KI Live was certainly a memorable experience that I'll never forget. :)

I probably didn't see/hear as much as many people think I did, but yes, what I do know I cannot say because of that NDA.

As for your questions ...

1. My favorite part about visiting KI would have to be meeting and talking with everybody. As a whole, the office is incredibly welcoming and friendly. I had a pleasure conversing with everyone I saw.

2. My Twitter followers probably already know this, but this was actually my second time visiting KI. The first time happened a little over a year ago, and that was more of a tour/learning how things worked. This time however, I pretty much stayed with Tom and helped prepare for KI Live. As a result, I don't know what programs they use, sorry. :( I was probably told on my original tour, but I honestly can't remember, lol. I was so overwhelmed by everything that a good chunk of that first trip is a blur.

3. This goes hand in hand with number one. It was AMAZING! I had interacted with Tom and Kat before, but meeting Joel, and especially Leah, was awesome. Even though I was super nervous, everyone made me feel comfortable. I think they believed in me more than I did myself.

4. Of course I threw in a few suggestions! How could I not? Hehe. Actually, there were even a few developer questions (directed towards me) that weren't aired on KI Live. I think KI was genuinely interested in how I would improve both games ... which is fantastic!

I did see a bunch of cool concept art, but I didn't get to keep them. In fact, most of the ones I saw were hanging on the office walls. The office is definitely well decorated! Concept art, illustrations, and cut-outs were all over the place. Some whiteboards even had a few doodles. Jeff Toney was working on something that looked very neat, but I can't talk about that ...

Again, thanks so much! It was a wonderful experience! I'm very thankful!

~Vanessa Mythdust

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Vanessa Mythdust on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
Thanks so much for the shoutout! Being on KI Live was certainly a memorable experience that I'll never forget. :)

I probably didn't see/hear as much as many people think I did, but yes, what I do know I cannot say because of that NDA.

1. My favorite part about visiting KI would have to be meeting and talking with everybody. As a whole, the office is incredibly welcoming and friendly. I had a pleasure conversing with everyone I saw.

2. My Twitter followers probably already know this, but this was actually my second time visiting KI. The first time happened a little over a year ago, and that was more of a tour/learning how things worked. This time however, I pretty much stayed with Tom and helped prepare for KI Live. As a result, I don't know what programs they use, sorry. :( I was probably told on my original tour, but I honestly can't remember, lol. I was so overwhelmed by everything that a good chunk of that first trip is a blur.

3. This goes hand in hand with number one. It was AMAZING! I had interacted with Tom and Kat before, but meeting Joel, and especially Leah, was awesome. Even though I was super nervous, everyone made me feel comfortable. I think they believed in me more than I did myself.

4. Of course I threw in a few suggestions! How could I not? Hehe. Actually, there were even a few developer questions (directed towards me) that weren't aired on KI Live. I think KI was genuinely interested in how I would improve both games ... which is fantastic!

I did see a bunch of cool concept art, but I didn't get to keep them. In fact, most of the ones I saw were hanging on the office walls. The office is definitely well decorated! Concept art, illustrations, and cut-outs were all over the place. Some whiteboards even had a few doodles. Jeff Toney was working on something that looked very neat, but I can't talk about that ...

~Vanessa Mythdust
well-answered and kudos on ya vacation, I enjoyed watching ya on there found it exciting KI would invite a fansite owner for an interview and tyvm for going and doing such a great job representing for all of us :D

stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

~Vanessa Mythdust
You're very welcome. I'm very happy to hear that.

Well, I still understand.

Whoa. Your second time at KI? I never knew before. Still, good to know.

It's all right. Whether you paid attention to how they did it or not, you had a good time. Perhaps next time you're in KI, you'll have the whole process & requirements on those written down.

Well, I can ensure you that those suggestions you put in will turn out amazing in W101 & P101.

Minor bummer. No big deal. I was eager to see those in hi-res. Maybe next time(just for you to make a note on it), you'll remember to bring some, even if it's new &/or past images.

Once again, you're very welcome.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

~Vanessa Mythdust
I must say Good Lass, to receive thee Honor to appear at thee KI Headquarters is truly the Envy to all Pirates big and small that be worth more then dare I say El Dorado. I mean to witness the Magic & Scheming of KI in person is truly amazing and to show off why yer W101's most Dominant Pet Derbiest there is nothing more then Astonishing oh great " Pet Derby Queen" (Official Title I be adding) Vanessa Mythdust Hail, Hail, Hail!!! Also keeping KI Secrets from yer fellow Message Boards makes us even more Envious... Haha now THAT be true Piracy right there Good Lass we could not be more Honored and Proud can't to see ye in Skies sometime.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

~Vanessa Mythdust
Congrats on your episode Vanessa I was in one of those pet races you did boy one eyed jack was right you are the pet racing queen hope you get to do another episode in the future good luck on all future pet races (PS I know you probably won't or can't say but did any of those concept art have to do with pirates? I'm not asking what it is if there is just wanted to know there is something you hadn't seen in pirate101 before like a ya or nay)

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i loved hearing her drum rolling hands reverberating the mic! lol gj Vanessa :3

also she posted her official blog recap and it was a very nice read.. yall should check her out!

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
silver swordcoral on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
Congrats on your episode Vanessa I was in one of those pet races you did boy one eyed jack was right you are the pet racing queen hope you get to do another episode in the future good luck on all future pet races (PS I know you probably won't or can't say but did any of those concept art have to do with pirates? I'm not asking what it is if there is just wanted to know there is something you hadn't seen in pirate101 before like a ya or nay)
I'll leave it a mystery.

~Vanessa Mythdust

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
i loved hearing her drum rolling hands reverberating the mic! lol gj Vanessa :3

also she posted her official blog recap and it was a very nice read.. yall should check her out!

stormy jen silver
Thanks for the support!

Yes, I recently did a trip recap on my blog, The Untold Spiral.

Unfortunately, I can't directly link to it since it's not an official authorized fansite. However, it has been linked in the Wizard101 and Pirate101 newsletters before. If you're interested, a quick search might lead you guys to it.

~Vanessa Mythdust

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the support!

Yes, I recently did a trip recap on my blog, The Untold Spiral.

Unfortunately, I can't directly link to it since it's not an official authorized fansite. However, it has been linked in the Wizard101 and Pirate101 newsletters before. If you're interested, a quick search might lead you guys to it.

~Vanessa Mythdust
Well, V.M., perhaps could you take some time to make your blog authorized, like many that did? I'm just saying.

I don't know the whole process, but, I'm sure it may take some time to do it, presuming it's complex. I'd ask anyone to learn how if I were you.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Congrats! That sounds like an amazing experience.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Sadly I missed the latest KI Live episode so I was unable to see this. However, in spite of that - I still want to say congratulations on such an honor (and I must admit how super jealous I am hearing this!). I'll have to see the episode as soon as I get the chance.

Well done, Captain!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
Well, V.M., perhaps could you take some time to make your blog authorized, like many that did? I'm just saying.

I don't know the whole process, but, I'm sure it may take some time to do it, presuming it's complex. I'd ask anyone to learn how if I were you.
As far as I know, One-Eyed Jack approaches fansites that he's interested in adding to the list.

Although, that's not really what I want this thread to turn into. I was just explaining why I wouldn't be able to link the blog post that stormy jen silver was referencing in her post. I enjoy blogging whether I'm official or not.

~Vanessa Mythdust

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
As far as I know, One-Eyed Jack approaches fansites that he's interested in adding to the list.

Although, that's not really what I want this thread to turn into. I was just explaining why I wouldn't be able to link the blog post that stormy jen silver was referencing in her post. I enjoy blogging whether I'm official or not.

~Vanessa Mythdust
Well, I was only asking, but you're right about this bit derailing the thread. It's about your second visit with KI, and I understand.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
Well, I was only asking, but you're right about this bit derailing the thread. It's about your second visit with KI, and I understand.
No worries! I appreciate your support tremendously. It was very nice of you to make this thread!

~Vanessa Mythdust

~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hoodoo Mistress on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
Sadly I missed the latest KI Live episode so I was unable to see this. However, in spite of that - I still want to say congratulations on such an honor (and I must admit how super jealous I am hearing this!). I'll have to see the episode as soon as I get the chance.

Well done, Captain!
You could watch the video of it on Youtube.
Oops sorry, I missed the part where you are already planning that. My apologies for being redundant.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 29, 2017 wrote:
You could watch the video of it on Youtube.
Oops sorry, I missed the part where you are already planning that. My apologies for being redundant.
I still appreciate the link however. Thank ye kindly.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Mar 28, 2017 wrote:
No worries! I appreciate your support tremendously. It was very nice of you to make this thread!

~Vanessa Mythdust
You're welcome.

Think maybe you could whip up a new W101/P101 concept art gallery section in your blog sometime soon? I'd be very interested to see the numerous concept images you could gather to your collection in pure clear, crisp high quality resolution, complete with different sizes... that is, if you can. No pressure.

Well, I've seen some concept images, but I'm sure there's plenty more than that, & honestly, I've rarely seen people do galleries of said images about W101 & P101 concepts. Think about that.