Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Time to Upgrade the Armada Dreadnaught

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I will get straight to the point. After less than 30 goes of dread I have acquired 6-7 haywire weapons and while it was fun to experinemnt with haywire strikes/shots I lost interest in this dungeon. It's time to make something that pirates wait for so long to spawn more worthwhile, interesting and dangerously exciting. Some ideas:

1.) Haywire Gear + Grand Haywire gear. A bit more high level armada gear drops would be nice. Let me illustrate with the buck () class.
  • Haywire Aramtura (body armour)- provides some reasonable good buck stats + spells for bucks.
  • Grand Haywire Amatura- a far rarer, grander version that provides greats stats + a unique haywire spell for bucks
  • Haywire or Grand Haywire Capello (hat), simlar style to the above items

The same would be extended to all other classes, but wait what will witches and privateers get? There are no witch and privy armada units? This leads me to my next point.

2.) A second level of dreanaught. Players simply hear a noise and investigate the second floor of the dreadnaught. Here the find new prototype armada technomages (witch units that resemble a grey and red bishop) and armada admirals (privateer units that are blue and golden versions of Kane and or Queen, though definetly not as strong [Save Grand technomages and admirals] and wearing more armada styled military appropriate gear,) that were recently made by Kane before his demise. New Haywire weapons would be here too

3.) A brief note on Haywire marine gear:

Haywire Marine gear would be universal coming with I am not sure yet, although other gears would be class specific. Angels gear would be for bucklers, Dragoons gear for bucks, admiral gear for privateers, technomages for witches and haywire musketeers for regular musketeers.

4.) Haywire Clockwork Steed. A fierce, universal class mount with colours yet undecided. Perhaps primarily black and orange, hints of grey and red and brown, with yellow eyes. Also a haywire clockwork wings- a super cool looking alternative to regular clockwork wings.

Thoughts? This will of course lead to Haywire admirals and technomage companions being added to the ashes of armada pack if implemented.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
I will get straight to the point. After less than 30 goes of dread I have acquired 6-7 haywire weapons and while it was fun to experinemnt with haywire strikes/shots I lost interest in this dungeon. It's time to make something that pirates wait for so long to spawn more worthwhile, interesting and dangerously exciting. Some ideas:

1.) Haywire Gear + Grand Haywire gear. A bit more high level armada gear drops would be nice. Let me illustrate with the buck () class.
  • Haywire Aramtura (body armour)- provides some reasonable good buck stats + spells for bucks.
  • Grand Haywire Amatura- a far rarer, grander version that provides greats stats + a unique haywire spell for bucks
  • Haywire or Grand Haywire Capello (hat), simlar style to the above items

The same would be extended to all other classes, but wait what will witches and privateers get? There are no witch and privy armada units? This leads me to my next point.

2.) A second level of dreanaught. Players simply hear a noise and investigate the second floor of the dreadnaught. Here the find new prototype armada technomages (witch units that resemble a grey and red bishop) and armada admirals (privateer units that are blue and golden versions of Kane and or Queen, though definetly not as strong [Save Grand technomages and admirals] and wearing more armada styled military appropriate gear,) that were recently made by Kane before his demise. New Haywire weapons would be here too

3.) A brief note on Haywire marine gear:

Haywire Marine gear would be universal coming with I am not sure yet, although other gears would be class specific. Angels gear would be for bucklers, Dragoons gear for bucks, admiral gear for privateers, technomages for witches and haywire musketeers for regular musketeers.

4.) Haywire Clockwork Steed. A fierce, universal class mount with colours yet undecided. Perhaps primarily black and orange, hints of grey and red and brown, with yellow eyes. Also a haywire clockwork wings- a super cool looking alternative to regular clockwork wings.

Thoughts? This will of course lead to Haywire admirals and technomage companions being added to the ashes of armada pack if implemented.
Lucky you to get 30 runs, I've barely got 3 and not for lack of trying - finding it is too hard, blowing it open is not so bad, but when you finally manage to dock? Only to find no sigil?
The Armada Dreadnaught is a fiasco.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Lucky you to get 30 runs, I've barely got 3 and not for lack of trying - finding it is too hard, blowing it open is not so bad, but when you finally manage to dock? Only to find no sigil?
The Armada Dreadnaught is a fiasco.
I agree that the concept may have some great ideas, but the implementation has left much to be desired.

Personally, I have little interest in these types of limited access content, as they only seem to bring out the worst in people -- what with complaints, belittling others for their lack of gear or whatever, and the way players who have a strong group can take advantage of them but those who typically play on their own have a really hard time.