Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch hunter

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 13, 2011
I noticed two odd quirks about the witch hunter epic a couple days ago.

1. If witch hunter activates against an enemy about to use a "steal life" spell, the spell does half damage as normal, but still heals the caster half of the damage it would originally do.
  2. The damage reduction effect still happens if the attack is blocked.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
TweedleTwins on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:

1. If witch hunter activates against an enemy about to use a "steal life" spell, the spell does half damage as normal, but still heals the caster half of the damage it would originally do.
Hiya, TweedleTwins! Sorry about your problem with the Witch Hunter Epic. I don't have a Witchdoctor, so I can't help () but I can strongly recommend you to ask a Community Manager (they're on the Message Boards) for help on this because it's something that they can help with: They officially work here at KingsIsle.

However, this glitch almost sounds positive - is it? If it is, cross out all the sorry's! *Crosses out all the sorry's!*

Thanks, good hunting, and for the Resistance!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer

Developer
TweedleTwins on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:

#1) I think I'm ok with that.

#2) Can you explain what you mean in a bit more detail?

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
#1) I think I'm ok with that.

#2) Can you explain what you mean in a bit more detail?
I think the op meant that if witch hunter is dodged/blocked/etc, the 50% damage reduction still occurs. For example, if my Soul Shroud was to activate, triggering an enemy's witch hunter, and I block the incoming witch hunter attack, my opponent still receives the -50% incoming damage.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
To my knowledge the -50% incoming magic damage activates when the witch hunter epic triggers, so while their witch hunter hit might miss, that player will still get that added protection from the next incoming magic attack indefinitely.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
Hiya, TweedleTwins! Sorry about your problem with the Witch Hunter Epic. I don't have a Witchdoctor, so I can't help () but I can strongly recommend you to ask a Community Manager (they're on the Message Boards) for help on this because it's something that they can help with: They officially work here at KingsIsle.

However, this glitch almost sounds positive - is it? If it is, cross out all the sorry's! *Crosses out all the sorry's!*

Thanks, good hunting, and for the Resistance!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
I don't have a witchdoctor either. I observed these in a fight against sky dragons in Subata Skyway. As I recall, I observed the first bug with the black storm companion you get in cool ranch and the second one with my pet.