Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Magnificent 7 Companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Ahoy mates!

I currently have 2 pirates in Cool Ranch, a world I haven't been questing in for a long time. Got to say, I love the story line. It is a long world but the story line keeps me engaged. One of my favorite parts is the Magnificent 7. So, if the Magnificent 7 are so amazing as the puppet show tells us, why aren't the companions better? It is well known the seven can handle almost anything. So, I think the companions should be made better. They don't have to be perfectly fabulous, but have some more upgrades. I think it would make the whole scene of it even better.

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mythali126 on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy mates!

I currently have 2 pirates in Cool Ranch, a world I haven't been questing in for a long time. Got to say, I love the story line. It is a long world but the story line keeps me engaged. One of my favorite parts is the Magnificent 7. So, if the Magnificent 7 are so amazing as the puppet show tells us, why aren't the companions better? It is well known the seven can handle almost anything. So, I think the companions should be made better. They don't have to be perfectly fabulous, but have some more upgrades. I think it would make the whole scene of it even better.

~ Darling Brittany Neels
After their level 60 promotion they get much better.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
yes but they are still lacking compared to, say, the presidio companions or starter companions.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
except bat masterson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nefarious alex on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
except bat masterson
Yeah, he looks good, but he still sucks.....blood!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
nefarious alex on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
except bat masterson
I have actually found my Bat Masterson amazing for Ship Combat, if ship PvP ever involved boarding then he would be in my team!

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Mythali126 on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy mates!

~ Darling Brittany Neels
Ahoy Darling Brittany Neels! Stormy Elijah Silver here, level 70 Swashbuckler. I am here to say that I fully agree with you. I wish the Magnificent 7 companions were better and got more attention in the storyline. After taking down the Wild Bunch and returning the Law to Tumbleweed, they are all but forgotten. They don't even talk in the storyline, which I thought to be kind of sad. If we could give the Magnificent 7 companions more love in the storyline, I will be thankful.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Sep 04, 2012
Yup I totally think you are right because the puppet show basically showed that like maybe if El Toro *Trumpet plays in backround* came up to them wanting to fight the puppet show basically said just one of the magnificent 7 could have with just one hand and a sword or gun beaten El Toro *Trumpet plays again* and when you get one of them or maybe all if you have lots of crowns they aren't even half as good as they said

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I've always felt that the mag 7 companions needed something more then a musketeers mastery, even that doesn't get upgraded in the promotion, I feel like they need at least another guaranteed crit (upgrades to mega after promotion) the only one that needs something else is bat, his jobus rouse didn't get upgraded either, he's just, ugh. he needs a guaranteed crit imo, they're good companions (I use mostly all of them, even buffalo at points) they just need something to stand out as a "Magnificent 7" type persona.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Two words: JANE CANARY. After her promotion, oh man... she is amazing.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
I agree that they could use a few more powers (especially after their promotions). I feel like Bat Masterson could have a special power that he could've learned in Darkmoor or someplace because, there are only 2 vampires in the game so far and with Bat being a storyline companion, he should be the one to get that special power. As for the rest of them I feel like they could all get a special power based on the description they got in the puppet show.

Jane Canary should get a Sniper Shot because she can "bullseye a silver dollar from 50 yards easy"

Buffalo Bill could get a cool melee hit that is a guaranteed critical that pushes the enemy back because he is "stronger than an ox, meaner than a mountain lion" (it would be cool if this power could trigger doubletap for an added flare)

Billy the Kid should get a crazy power that maybe hits all enemies and gives them a debuff of some sort because "he is crazy fast, and a little crazy too"

Bill Peacock could get a rifle shot of some sort because "he was the best shot with a rifle" (even though he isn't technically a storyline companion because he doesn't talk in the story)

Duck Holiday could get a cool power where he summons a plague on the other team, and we get a nice health boost or something because "he looks death in the face and laughs"

Bat Masterson (yes I know I already mentioned him) could get a hide in shadows and get scent 1 because "he's as quiet as a shadow and a better tracker than a blood hound."

Overall each companion should get something unique as to why they were recruited to the Magnificent 7 in the first place. (P..S. I love how when you buy them you have to do the quest for them. I also like how you can have them ALL in the battle at once when doing their quest. I always wanted to have more than 3 companions in a battle at a time.)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
When they get another promotion they should be getting guaranteed critical hit in my opinion