Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Appearances

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
I bought the Martin Valvida companion from the crown shop because I always thought he looked cool. Once I bought him I thoughtlessly promoted him for gold to find that I hated the new way he looks. Is there any way to pick which on his appearances I want him to be or is it possible to undo the promotion? I just really can't stand the way he looks now and I love the way he used to be.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2011
Man, I wish! Like you, I prefer Martin Valvida's original design. He just looks so much cooler as a skeletal Monquistan soldier! Not a weird primate version of Ghost Rider with what sometimes looks like a beanie on his head rather than his skull. There a lots of companions that I wish retained their original appearances, or at least had different promotional designs, but alas, they don't.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
juwanaman9 on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
I bought the Martin Valvida companion from the crown shop because I always thought he looked cool. Once I bought him I thoughtlessly promoted him for gold to find that I hated the new way he looks. Is there any way to pick which on his appearances I want him to be or is it possible to undo the promotion? I just really can't stand the way he looks now and I love the way he used to be.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm pretty sure that there's no way to undo a promotion, and not a way to choose a companion's appearance.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Milo Graytail's final promotion look, either. However, I don't see promoting them without accepting the change in appearance. Maybe send in a Support Ticket and ask if they will rollback the promotion for you? Of course, then you sacrifice the Epic Talent choices...

Sorry.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
I wish they could add this feature though. Sometimes it gets stale seeing your companions dressed the same way and the only way to counter that is to change your flag colors.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Milo Graytail's final promotion look, either. However, I don't see promoting them without accepting the change in appearance. Maybe send in a Support Ticket and ask if they will rollback the promotion for you? Of course, then you sacrifice the Epic Talent choices...

Sorry.
Hope that the next promotion appearance is an improvement? Of course, does anyone here remember Ratbeard's old first promo hat? The small, stupid hat that looked like a Cap'n Crunch Hat? That got changed.
Now, Milo, yeah poor guy, a rat in a long, curly wig isn't very attractive. And I must say that Birgus' scrubbing brush helmet isn't all that cool - I actually liked his first promo look much better.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
Hope that the next promotion appearance is an improvement? Of course, does anyone here remember Ratbeard's old first promo hat? The small, stupid hat that looked like a Cap'n Crunch Hat? That got changed.
Now, Milo, yeah poor guy, a rat in a long, curly wig isn't very attractive. And I must say that Birgus' scrubbing brush helmet isn't all that cool - I actually liked his first promo look much better.
Why can't Milo just get a cool hat or something. I will still always like Milo for his epic accent though.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
I doubt they will make another promotion for Martin Valvida

They already went out of their way to make a unique model for him and he is an amazing companion

There are other companions who really need promotions, already have models and don't have a promotion