Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Subodai a good companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
hello i am a lvl 18 swashbuckler and my subodai just promoted, i tried him out and i dont know if hes too good. sarah steele and fan flanders just seem like better options, is there some way i can make him good?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BlazeHawkRider1 on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
hello i am a lvl 18 swashbuckler and my subodai just promoted, i tried him out and i dont know if hes too good. sarah steele and fan flanders just seem like better options, is there some way i can make him good?
Subodai is an excellent companion! You've recently promoted him, is he still level 13? Try leveling him to your level. Give him the Buccaneer talents of Strength & Armor ( and some accuracy ). For Epics, Vengeance Strike and Bladestorm are useful.
He really becomes a powerhouse with his second promotion to Khan at level 46.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It depends on where you are in the story. If you're in Valencia or Cool Ranch, maybe not so much unless you're willing to try different strategies out until you find one that works. I'd run Fan, Bonnie Anne, and a third of your choice during Cool Ranch, either another swashbuckler, your Presidio companion (unless it's Dead Mike), or a tank that can take some of those heavy hits. Subodai will be of immense help in MooShu as the difficulty there is quite a bit higher than Cool Ranch; keep him leveled and make sure you're familiar with how he plays. If you're planning to try him out, I'd make sure to absolutely give him at least one rank of bladestorm and relentless if possible, and build those up as he gets to higher levels and promotes. As for talents, make sure he has some accuracy, armor/resist, and damage on him as he'll need those boosts to be more effective down the line.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
short and sweet mate: Absolutely, I proud to have him in me Crew without a shadow of a doubt

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
he already has vengeance strike, should I get him vengeance strike 2? i also gave him blade storm already

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BlazeHawkRider1 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
he already has vengeance strike, should I get him vengeance strike 2? i also gave him blade storm already
Is Relentless available at his level? I would go with that.