Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Various Pirate101/Wizard101 Suggestions Part 1

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2012
These are some ideas that I have come up with, as well as many other people, and in my opinion, should be added to the game. This will be split into two parts: Pirate101 and Both Games.
Pirate101
  1. Music players: As you'll find out, I love decorating houses. I spend a lot of time moving houses and furnishing them, because the amount of customization in Kingsisle games is amazing. However, players of Wizard101 will notice that there is a music player available for purchase in the Wizard101 furniture shop, allowing you to play music from throughout the game in your house. This is an amazing feature, and I use it in practically every house I've ever had on there. The problem? This is not in Pirate101, and there's no reason it shouldn't be. Kingsisle more than likely has the files and equipment needed to place this into the game with ease, and I would be able to AFK in my house listening to awesome music from Cool Ranch. Please do add this.
  2. Companion Trading: In Pirate101, companions are NPCs that you can train and bring with you in battle. They often have dialogue parts and all have their own unique backstories and personalities. I love this feature and I wish it was in Wizard101, however, that is not my suggestion. When I make alt characters, I want to be able to use companions that my main character has by putting these companions in the shared bank and retrieving them via my alt, particularly ones I've bought through the crown shop. 6,000 crowns or so is a ridiculous price for one companion, so it would be nice to get more use out of them. I agree there would be problems with this, such as a level one with El Toro as a companion. To solve this, only companions purchased via the crown shop should be available for trading. Another problem a lot of people would have (not including myself) is that it would make low levels way too powerful with their level 70 companion. The solution to this: When you place a companion in the shared bank and essentially delete it from your companion list, the companion should lose all progress and be placed at Level 1, also removing all talents, etc. It is treated as a companion new to the game, such as Wing Chun or the others you get at the start.
  3. Companion Renting: In the crown shop, you can already rent mounts for a week or so for a reduced price. This would be very useful if applied to companions, as well. Sometimes, I find myself in a very hard dungeon with all of my good companions left, and I am left with Wind Heart, Prince Yulefest, and Corporal Sanders, all of whom are at least 15 levels below my enemies. It would be nice to just rent a good companion like Temujin for a week for 3,000 crowns or so. Note that these are not the same thing as henchmen. Henchmen are with you for one battle; companions are with you for as many as you want (While you're renting them). If someone has bought all companions from the crown shop (they're crazy) Kingsisle could create a few companions ONLY available for rent.

Ensign
May 06, 2012
Continued from Part 1.
Both Games
  1. House Renting: Imagine this: You're a level ten player who lives in a boring dorm. You walk in and you have your bed and an amazing poster. Not a place you want to live in, right? There is a solution, and that's renting a house, either from the crown shop or from a store. It's like real life. You pay a set amount of gold and/or crowns for a certain amount of time, say, one month. I want to live in Swashbuckler's Cove, but there is no way I am willing to pay 20$ for it. I can pay 5$ of crowns a month, instead. It would be automatically deducted from my crowns amount at the date of the renewal (unless cancelled ahead of time). If I don't have 2,500 crowns, the house will expire, and all the furniture placed in my bank. Voila. This would be an amazing feature that I would plan to take advantage of on release (If it is released).
  2. Currency Trading: Players of both Wizard101 and Pirate101 often make deals with each other (usually with text chat). I asked somebody to help me defeat Morganthe last year on Wizard101. They wanted gold. The problem? You can't trade gold on Wizard101 OR Pirate101. So I offered to buy them a bunch of treasure cards and trade them. They said no, understandably. When you're making a deal with someone, you want gold, not their 5 heckhound treasure cards or doubloons. I am blown away that this is not a feature, as the majority of MMORPGs and games with currency allow this kind of trading. I am not suggesting crowns trading; there are too many problems with that. GOLD trading would be so useful. It does not even need to be for trade. Sometimes you just generous and you want to give someone gold out of the goodness of your heart.
  3. "Pick Up All Items": This suggestion is so obvious that most wouldn't think of it. I often decorate houses, and love doing so. I filled up one house on Wizard101 to the point where I couldn't even buy more Bric-A-Brac potions. When I decided to move, I had to run around for an hour picking everything up and figuring out where to put it. It's a complete nightmare, and could be solved with one or two clicks of a mouse. If there was simply an option to pick up everything (depending on if you are outside or inside) it would pick every item up and put it in your attic. Bam. Problem solved. Unless...
  4. Increase Attic Space: Continuing from my previous suggestion: What if you don't HAVE enough attic space to pick up all these items? My next suggestion: Increase the limit for attic space. I'm sure Kingsisle has its reasons for putting a limit on practically everything, including attics. This may be for lag or so they can later make a potion to increase the limit for crowns (which they do quite often). If this is the case, please make a potion increasing the attic space on both games. I crave more attic space and it would solve my overflowing attics, backpacks, and banks, all full of furniture. I beg you, Kingsisle, please make this a thing
Thanks for reading! Please leave feedback

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
Continued from Part 1.
Both Games
  1. House Renting: Imagine this: You're a level ten player who lives in a boring dorm. You walk in and you have your bed and an amazing poster. Not a place you want to live in, right? There is a solution, and that's renting a house, either from the crown shop or from a store. It's like real life. You pay a set amount of gold and/or crowns for a certain amount of time, say, one month. I want to live in Swashbuckler's Cove, but there is no way I am willing to pay 20$ for it. I can pay 5$ of crowns a month, instead. It would be automatically deducted from my crowns amount at the date of the renewal (unless cancelled ahead of time). If I don't have 2,500 crowns, the house will expire, and all the furniture placed in my bank. Voila. This would be an amazing feature that I would plan to take advantage of on release (If it is released).
  2. Currency Trading: Players of both Wizard101 and Pirate101 often make deals with each other (usually with text chat). I asked somebody to help me defeat Morganthe last year on Wizard101. They wanted gold. The problem? You can't trade gold on Wizard101 OR Pirate101. So I offered to buy them a bunch of treasure cards and trade them. They said no, understandably. When you're making a deal with someone, you want gold, not their 5 heckhound treasure cards or doubloons. I am blown away that this is not a feature, as the majority of MMORPGs and games with currency allow this kind of trading. I am not suggesting crowns trading; there are too many problems with that. GOLD trading would be so useful. It does not even need to be for trade. Sometimes you just generous and you want to give someone gold out of the goodness of your heart.
  3. "Pick Up All Items": This suggestion is so obvious that most wouldn't think of it. I often decorate houses, and love doing so. I filled up one house on Wizard101 to the point where I couldn't even buy more Bric-A-Brac potions. When I decided to move, I had to run around for an hour picking everything up and figuring out where to put it. It's a complete nightmare, and could be solved with one or two clicks of a mouse. If there was simply an option to pick up everything (depending on if you are outside or inside) it would pick every item up and put it in your attic. Bam. Problem solved. Unless...
  4. Increase Attic Space: Continuing from my previous suggestion: What if you don't HAVE enough attic space to pick up all these items? My next suggestion: Increase the limit for attic space. I'm sure Kingsisle has its reasons for putting a limit on practically everything, including attics. This may be for lag or so they can later make a potion to increase the limit for crowns (which they do quite often). If this is the case, please make a potion increasing the attic space on both games. I crave more attic space and it would solve my overflowing attics, backpacks, and banks, all full of furniture. I beg you, Kingsisle, please make this a thing
1. Music players have been asked for often.

2. Not going to happen, because it would be a nightmare to program and code. 6,000 crowns isn't too much to ask for a companion who can help you in battle. Some crown shop companions are unlocked by a quest, most definitely these shouldn't be traded.

3. We have henchmen for that. Spend your gold on tomes to bring up the levels of your companions. I have a few friends who have bought nearly all the crown shop companions, plus all the pack companions as well, they're not crazy.

4. Why spend gold renting a house when you can save that gold, then buy a permanent one?

5. Yeah, other MMOs have this option, they also have scammers. I'm sincerely glad that KI didn't do this option. Trading TC or Doubloons for help is for losers ( and I don't think much of the Wizard or Pirate who demands payment for helping ), go to the Kiosk or ask a good friend for help

6. We already have a "pick up all items" option in our decorating tab.

7. I believe that if you have a membership, you have an expanded attic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
Continued from Part 1.
Both Games
Left this out of my previous post -
Did you know that you can buy any house in the Crown Shop with gold? It's true, I haven't used crowns for a house at all ( except the bundle houses ).
When you pick up all items they will go to your attic, if there's an overflow of items then it goes to your bank, if your bank gets full those items will go to your back pack - and if you still have more items,( which is nearly impossible ) the items won't be destroyed, they just won't be picked up.
P.S. on renting companions - why rent a companion ( for example for 3,000 crowns ) when for 3- 4 K crowns extra you can have that companion permanently? This doesn't make sense. Rent a henchman; its cheaper.

Ensign
May 06, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
1. Music players have been asked for often.

2. Not going to happen, because it would be a nightmare to program and code. 6,000 crowns isn't too much to ask for a companion who can help you in battle. Some crown shop companions are unlocked by a quest, most definitely these shouldn't be traded.

3. We have henchmen for that. Spend your gold on tomes to bring up the levels of your companions. I have a few friends who have bought nearly all the crown shop companions, plus all the pack companions as well, they're not crazy.

4. Why spend gold renting a house when you can save that gold, then buy a permanent one?

5. Yeah, other MMOs have this option, they also have scammers. I'm sincerely glad that KI didn't do this option. Trading TC or Doubloons for help is for losers ( and I don't think much of the Wizard or Pirate who demands payment for helping ), go to the Kiosk or ask a good friend for help

6. We already have a "pick up all items" option in our decorating tab.

7. I believe that if you have a membership, you have an expanded attic.
1. I agree, but it still hasn't been added throughout the years this game has existed.

3. Note that I said this is not the same thing as a henchman; these are more expensive and they last longer.

4. Houses cost (off of memory) about 100k gold. I would have trouble coming up with 100k gold at max level. As a low level working your way through the game, spending 5k a week or so would be a much easier option, and, assuming you play frequently, you can still save that money up over time.

5. As I said, this option can also be for generous gifts. Maybe you want to help a friend out? As for scammers, that's up to the person to decide if the people they are trading with are trustworthy or not. I've never asked others for help in exchange for gold, but I can see where others might find that useful.

7. I did not know this, but for the hardcore decorators like myself, I've still found myself in situations (on Wizard101) where my attic is full, my bank is full, my shared bank is full, and my backpack is full. And, yes, I had a membership. A potion would still be a good addition.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Brian GoldenShade on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
1. I agree, but it still hasn't been added throughout the years this game has existed.

3. Note that I said this is not the same thing as a henchman; these are more expensive and they last longer.

4. Houses cost (off of memory) about 100k gold. I would have trouble coming up with 100k gold at max level. As a low level working your way through the game, spending 5k a week or so would be a much easier option, and, assuming you play frequently, you can still save that money up over time.

5. As I said, this option can also be for generous gifts. Maybe you want to help a friend out? As for scammers, that's up to the person to decide if the people they are trading with are trustworthy or not. I've never asked others for help in exchange for gold, but I can see where others might find that useful.

7. I did not know this, but for the hardcore decorators like myself, I've still found myself in situations (on Wizard101) where my attic is full, my bank is full, my shared bank is full, and my backpack is full. And, yes, I had a membership. A potion would still be a good addition.
3. As I said henchmen are cheaper, and you can get them when you need them; for a bit extra you can have a companion on your crew permanently.

4. there are at least 2 houses in the Crown Shop that don't cost 100K gold ( from 50K to 75 K ) this gold is very easily obtainable at level 50 ( an hour or two farming Friar Sand can give you this amount and up.) You at max level have the best options to gain that gold with the Tower of Moo Manchu ( even one run through it can give you over 100K gold ) or the Great Machine.

5. If I want to help a friend out, I help them with quests or farming. If they need doubloons I'm certainly willing to trade. Don't you think that sometimes your trust can be misplaced? How is KI going to handle complaints about scammers as its very easy to fool young players into trusting " a friend"?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Not to sound like a slug but even if you help a player in a battle you get the gold from the fight. Asking for anything extra does sound a little bit much.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey