Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This Privy has a ....gun?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hello everyone! If at any point in today's rambling you need a break from my voice, please consult the yum pudding in the back. Anyway, I had a great idea yesterday. Since witch hunter pretty much destroys any Wand strategy ATM, what if I gave my Privateer the new armada crossbow? The idea for his was that I get the Overwatch damage, and I don't have to bring beast banner which is what i do when I bring nefarious Staff. That, and it just looks pretty cool.

Make snide comments saying this is awful below here,
Matthew Walker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! If at any point in today's rambling you need a break from my voice, please consult the yum pudding in the back. Anyway, I had a great idea yesterday. Since witch hunter pretty much destroys any Wand strategy ATM, what if I gave my Privateer the new armada crossbow? The idea for his was that I get the Overwatch damage, and I don't have to bring beast banner which is what i do when I bring nefarious Staff. That, and it just looks pretty cool.

Matthew Walker

Replacing Repel Boarders with Over Watch, very well thought out. That weapon has an excellent range as well, my musketeer has it equipped, IMO, it's much better than the Haywire rifle.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009

Matthew Walker

Splendid Idea!
Personally, I've made my privy capable of equipping everything in the game - save for class specific items. I hope your strategy works, might encourage other privies to think beyond melee weapons.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Btw, if I get burst fire and Overwatch trained on my character and then I reset my talents, am I stuck with Overwatch and burst fire?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
If you mean in regards to facing just mobs anything works really. The only issue with being a ranged musket is your lack of epics and the amount of training points you must invest in abilities that won't do as much. To get those you'd have to give up certain powers between either raise barricade, or hide you are also forfeiting your 2 ranks of repel boarders.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Btw, if I get burst fire and Overwatch trained on my character and then I reset my talents, am I stuck with Overwatch and burst fire?
When you reset; all powers and talents ( except those you got from your trainer ) go away and you must choose them again, if you want them ( or choose different powers/talents. )

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010

Matthew Walker

I won my first 2 Central Fall Ladder as a wand privy... Wand Privy still works because the only reason you use the wand is to not let Repel trigger so you can tank better. Shroud doesn't get affected due to Elusive 4 (Yes you need an elusive grants pet now) so the chances Hunter lands on you is minimal anyway so it does the exact same job as last time it's just a tiny bit more stalling you need to do....

Secondly, gun privy has already been tried before. It may be a bit stronger now due to the new weapons available for hybrids but I highly doubt that it will be enough to be worth using over Staffy Privateer or just the basic melee privy.