Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So what's up with us getting an armada companion?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Before the last update, I recall Blind Mew specifically stating that we will not get an armada companion ever but with the new pack release (its possible to gain an armada companion from it), we can now get an armada companion... My question is why do we get an armada companion after it was said it was not possible?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kronosroses on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
Before the last update, I recall Blind Mew specifically stating that we will not get an armada companion ever but with the new pack release (its possible to gain an armada companion from it), we can now get an armada companion... My question is why do we get an armada companion after it was said it was not possible?
The deus ex machina device: "The Resistance reprogramed one." So, hey, there's another genius level Valencian.
They're doing it for the money.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, long story short....a lot has recently happened at KI headquarters that kind of turned everything, including the original story and original ideas, and possibly the original team-- a bit topsy-turvy.

I strongly believe that a Monquistan emissary snuck into a small hole at KI headquarters and left banana peels scattered throughout the work stations. This little chimp was working in cahoots with Kane and the Prawns and was promised gears of gold and enough shrimp flavored tree fruit to support his family for 16 days. Many KI employees felt the wrath of those loosened banana sweaters and were left in a not so a-peeling state-- yes they were left to stay the course on a seemingly slippery slope.

Given what had transpired one can easily see why minds and plans were changed, ideas and Armada were scrapped and monkeys, metal and mini-sea creatures are never to be fully trusted.

Bottom line is...sometimes things happen that are way beyond our control and what was once certain not to happen, then becomes a new and real possibility. And sometimes that change (and charting of a new course) is necessary to help move forward and likewise needed to help keep the wind in the sails and a ship afloat. I bet those packs and new Armada companions, along with the new update, have brought a lot of players and plunder back into the Spiral. And regardless of what was once said....that's great for the game and the game's future.

So when it comes to Armada for companions....simply bananas I say!!! Oops, that just slipped out!

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Let's say Gracie fixed them for us.

But seriously, I dont mind... I think it was highly demanded, and due to storyline it makes sense too.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
The deus ex machina device: "The Resistance reprogramed one." So, hey, there's another genius level Valencian.
Oh okay.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
If the money keeps giving us updates, I will change my mixed feelings about the armada companions to being content with them. Probably.