Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

dropping companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i am sure that this has been in a thread before and has been mentioned in what would you like to see added thread but what if there was a one in ten thousand chance to get a companions from a battle. this would be mostly restricted to people who aren't actually evil and dont have a storyline roll. like sidequest companions they are sometimes impressed by our battle prowess or want to travel or want gold. what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Ensign
Jul 16, 2014
companion drops? y never me imagine this. spells in wizard101 is possible but companions in pirate101 i'm no sure but is a good idea . and what dungeon is perfect for this in wizard101 the loremaster dungeon for spells but in pirate really what is good for companions?

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
Many non storyline companions join us because we impress them. Or we make their job useless (overthrowing a rebellion or breaking into a jail) freeing a spirit might make them want to join us to help save more and fulfill their life goal or maybe an animal we help or fight would rather be with us than its family or herd. If we won the regatta maybe a creature would be humbled and impressed and want to do more feats.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Wow this idea never crossed my mind, but now that I think about it it sound like a rather good idea . I mean the companion that you get would most likely be one of the guys you fought. It would be fun it have Moo Mancha on my side for once or even KANE

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
I don't mean Kane or moo since it's rather rare to fight bosses with themselves. But maybe certain side quest bosses would drop them and don't give any good gear. It's extremely hard to use any team other than one or two being serious and good companions are rare. If this is done I would like a list of what will drop since I don't want to spend an eternity trying to get something impossible (lack of mooshu companions which characters are my favorite)

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
nefarious alex on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
I don't mean Kane or moo since it's rather rare to fight bosses with themselves. But maybe certain side quest bosses would drop them and don't give any good gear. It's extremely hard to use any team other than one or two being serious and good companions are rare. If this is done I would like a list of what will drop since I don't want to spend an eternity trying to get something impossible (lack of mooshu companions which characters are my favorite)
True i see your point, although you can fight Goronado with Goronado. Same thing with Frog cheff dude who's name i can't remember. Plus Moo is a side quest, just saying.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
Very few people who get goronado ever go there again and same for frog chef (frog go villa?) people do moo and Kane just to get the badge or get more gear and same for Kane. while moo is a side quest and probably the longest one maybe we could get a pig and for Kane Gracie could rewire some clockworks. Certain companions could go recruitin with a 5% chance to get one in 36 hours or just bring back gear.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nefarious alex on Sep 19, 2016 wrote:
"Good" companions aren't rare. I consider a great majority of my crew at the "good" rating. If you don't take the time to level, train correctly and promote, then you will be disappointed and narrow your crew choices.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
"Good" companions aren't rare. I consider a great majority of my crew at the "good" rating. If you don't take the time to level, train correctly and promote, then you will be disappointed and narrow your crew choices.
For the most part that is true, most of the companions we get do have functionality and usefulness to them, but some companions (such as the infamous animal companions, batacuda, sky snake, scorpius, and the crokagator) are in desperate need of some type of enhancement.

Someone once said that giving the animal companions pet talents would be interesting, I thought that sounded like a great idea!

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
CuriousWitch on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:
For the most part that is true, most of the companions we get do have functionality and usefulness to them, but some companions (such as the infamous animal companions, batacuda, sky snake, scorpius, and the crokagator) are in desperate need of some type of enhancement.

Someone once said that giving the animal companions pet talents would be interesting, I thought that sounded like a great idea!
that was me
also for witchdoctors there is only a handful of companions that i consider A class.
companions like gracie or catbeard or ratbeard etc are B class and i wouldnt use them unless i didnt have kan po birgus latro and old scratch . now i am not saying some companions are bad but this is the team i use that is pretty good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CuriousWitch on Sep 21, 2016 wrote:

I feel that these animal companions deserve a promotion; this would help them tremendously. My WD was fortunate enough to get a beast banner and for a while this helped, but we still need some permanent help with the Animal Companions ( and maybe give them names, too. )

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 11, 2016 wrote:
I feel that these animal companions deserve a promotion; this would help them tremendously. My WD was fortunate enough to get a beast banner and for a while this helped, but we still need some permanent help with the Animal Companions ( and maybe give them names, too. )
I agree, they could use more epics.

But i'm growing fond of the pet talent idea, I think this could really make them unique.

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
Awesome suggestion!

I think the boss could be similar to Wizard101's Loremaster, same difficulty, deals similar damage, etc.

She/he could be located down a tunnel, kind of like the tavern