Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chumba Wumba Chest Bug

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
When you defeat Chumba Wumba in the instance Volcano! he doesn't drop his boss chest, only his water mole allies drop chests. I believe this is because you can't defeat him until the totems are broken, and since he doesn't die at the end of the battle, his chest doesn't appear, but this is just a guess.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CuriousWitch on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
When you defeat Chumba Wumba in the instance Volcano! he doesn't drop his boss chest, only his water mole allies drop chests. I believe this is because you can't defeat him until the totems are broken, and since he doesn't die at the end of the battle, his chest doesn't appear, but this is just a guess.
His chest should appear - I recently did that dungeon on my alternate account and his chest appeared near Gunn's treasure. Are you sure you didn't see it?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If I remember correctly, you have to defeat him once and Ratbeard says to destroy the totems. After destroying the totems, you have to defeat him again, talk to him, and then the Boss Chest will appear (possibly it appears after you get the Gold).

SPOILER ALERT: The way I have found it easiest to do is first defeat all the Water Moles and then defeat Chumba Wumba. The second time you have to defeat him there will be no extra enemies to fight.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
anecorbie on Sep 9, 2016 wrote:
His chest should appear - I recently did that dungeon on my alternate account and his chest appeared near Gunn's treasure. Are you sure you didn't see it?
Positive. I've done the instance dozens of times, and only 2 or 3 chests appear, none of which having the resemblance of a boss chest or dropping a single no auction item. I've been farming for his Tubthumper staff that he drops.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
Also, I wasn't referring to the second chance chest, that does appear. I'm talking about the his chest after you defeat him in battle, that doesn't appear. Sorry for the confusion, should have made that clearer.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2016
CuriousWitch on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
Also, I wasn't referring to the second chance chest, that does appear. I'm talking about the his chest after you defeat him in battle, that doesn't appear. Sorry for the confusion, should have made that clearer.
The same thing happened to me today. The boss chest didn't drop, but his Water Mole friends did. Maybe an update caused a glitch for it not to show up?

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
zarex2364 on Sep 12, 2016 wrote:
The same thing happened to me today. The boss chest didn't drop, but his Water Mole friends did. Maybe an update caused a glitch for it not to show up?
I'm thinking that's the case. He used to drop a tiny gold chest like most bosses in skull island do, but ever since they added his new animation and updated the fight a bit, the chest won't spawn at the end.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
i posted this 10 months ago and they havent done anything

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
i posted this 10 months ago and they havent done anything
Sorry to hear. Did you ever get it from the Second Chance Chest?