Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Music!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
GuyFromSchool on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Where does Kingsisle get all of its great music?
KingsIsle has a Music team with many talented composers and musicians. I'm also fond of the sound effects used everywhere, which adds a level of realism to the game.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Developer
On behalf of the sound team, thank you for the compliments! We love hearing when players are enjoying the music and sound effects - we put so much work into them all.

Pirate101's massive soundtrack is the work of the composer Nelson Everhart. He also writes the music for Wizard101! He winds up writing in many different music styles but he is very skilled at that. And thanks to modern technology, he has a whole virtual orchestra at his fingertips. He also plays many of the instruments that you hear himself (and sings some too!). Whenever we need new music for a new part of one of the games, Nelson starts working while we are still creating the new content. We send Nelson art from the world, videos, and a story synopsis so that he can immerse himself in the world's lore and write music that will fit in perfectly once we put it all together.

The musical stingers for critical attacks are produced by the audio team in-house at KingsIsle, as well as a small number of the background tracks, like the saloon piano themes. Our main job here is the sound design - voice over, combat sounds, pets, mounts, environmental ambience and big cinematic story events.

*Sound Designer*
Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I strongly recommend that KI should release its amazing music for download on iTunes! I'm sure that many would buy it, and the music is just too good to be overlooked.