Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Advice for a new Privateer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 20, 2011
Hello everyone! I just bought a membership and wanted to play as a Privateer. I am kinda confused on the using of strength or will power. Can you guys also tell me which gear to get from the bazaar? Like health, strength, or will? Appreciate it if you can help. Thanks.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
The Best School on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
Hello everyone! I just bought a membership and wanted to play as a Privateer. I am kinda confused on the using of strength or will power. Can you guys also tell me which gear to get from the bazaar? Like health, strength, or will? Appreciate it if you can help. Thanks.
In my opinion, gear doesn't really matter until max for PvP, but you should try and get gear that gives powers and boost will, since those will help your heals and give you some more powers in your spare time earlier in the game.

Hope I helped!

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
Okay so my privateer is my uh.. *cough* baby, and my main's a swash, so I won't be able to help you much. To clear up your will/ strength problem, WILL boosts your spells, healing and bombs. STRENGTH boosts your attack damage and increases your critical chances.

For bazaar gear, I suggest you look more into boosting will and strength, and I guess anything else, but health. Privateers already have the most health and heals, so health won't be much of an issue. Look for weapon power early in the game, but when you start building up your crew and strategy, focus more on increasing your will and let your companions do the work.

Later on, never go waltzing in a battle with no strategy. Ever.

Last piece of advice.. Be a LEADER! You are a privateer that inspires and supports your crew, not some Swashbuckler (Or Buccaneer) hacking away in the front lines! Always watch and care for your crew, they are YOUR sword and sheild!

Jenna Blake 47
Horace 16
Jenna Rackham (The baby) 6

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
Will is the best booster for privateer, so look for gear to boost will! Privies are a booster class, so mostly focus on buffing and healing your crew

Glad you bought a membership and welcome to pirate101!

Ensign
Dec 20, 2011
Thanks for the help everyone! One more question. Do Privateer companions like Lucky Jack Russell boost on strength or will? When I give him Spirited, it boosts his damage, but that's not the same case with strength. Thanks.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The Best School on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
What gear is best will depend on your play style. My first privateer is a run up and hit someone hard kind of girl, so she goes with boosting strength and will. My second privateer prefers to hang back and buff from behind; agility and will for him. Tavia got swashbuckler and musketeer skills; Samir went with witchdoctor and musketeer skills. Tavia has a wider range of attack abilities, and so none of her abilities are hugely above the others. Samir, with two classes using will, tends to have higher will than the other ones.

Are you planning to solo through or play with a group? With a group, you'd probably want to boost will above all, so you can heal and buff your party. Solo would probably need to diversify your skillset, and thus alter the traits you'd want to boost more.